JYSK

JYSK Management reviews

When I first started, it felt like a family. I really enjoyed working their but now it’s become the same as every other business out there. They treat their employees like cogs in the machine and the focus is on profits profits profits. Under appreciated and undervalued. The hours aren’t bad but can be quite physical.
Pros
Occasional bonus, colleagues are nice
Cons
Physically difficult, management don’t care about employees, little opportunity for advancement unless management like you
Although there are some lovely people that work for the company, The culture is shocking some store managers would not make it beyond the first few weeks in alot of retail roles but for some reason lazy backstabbers thrive at jysk but only due a quite frankly embarrassing amount of brow nosing and self glorification. Did work in one really good store for training but after that it was consistently bad. I have many years of retail and this was by far the worst avoid at all cost i assure you if you have serious a retail background you will hate this place.
Pros
Non
Cons
The management of jysk UK is terrible have no idea what they are. Doing and expect too much of us I'd never tell a friend ' oh you should look to apply for a job it's amazing' otherwise I'd be lying.
Pros
Bit of bonus
Cons
Long hours and if worked elsewhere for everything I do I'd get paid more that I'm on here
Dangerous job, the company do not care about safety. Prepared to suck up and make a big deal about doing your job to a basic level, then this is the job for you. Such a fake, toxic culture you feel like you need to show off for them to acknowledge you exist instead of being results focussed. Poorly run logistically, a lot of errors you have to correct manually then get punished for it on KPIs and bonus.
Pros
Bonus scheme has improved
Cons
If you do not suck up you do not exist, Inner circle is toxic and will try to remove you if you aren’t in it
I enjoyed working for jysk Grantham Branch however after being with the company for 6 months i realised this was not for me reason for this was days can be very long you can start at 7am and not fin till about 6pm i felt i was not having a family life ,staff and management was very friendly and great to work with but like i said it was just not for me
Pros
Great company great bonuses
Cons
Long days
If you can brown nose to the point of embarrassment then you will be okay ! If you have a voice and ideas then you wont . It's really is a if your face fits kind of place , no one sticks it out past the probation
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Really foods team to work with management and sales. You get to meet a lot of people from all cultures. And learn new things. Working here was a great experience and would do it again.
Pros
Good lunch brakes and working hours
Cons
Days off
Old saying ....your only as good as your day before applies. Does not matter how long your with the company. Management work crasy hours and are burnt out.
Pros
Part time staff
Cons
40 to 65 hour weeks, on Salary
worked for a period as store manager, stores understaffed working 1 on 1 no breaks. average working week 60 plus hours paid for 45. unable to take hours back, constantly covering other stores or at head office. fear culture is strong, do anything wrong on your fired, no t many managers worked there over 2 years, not a good job, no security, over worked under paid, sometimes 6am starts till 9pm at night, no such thing as a day off constantly phoning you, cant take holidays always refused and then you loose your pay. bonus us made more and more difficult to achieve, dont expect to receive any
Pros
every store is same (bad) so other store get how you feel
Cons
lots, under paid long hours, poor head office management
An absolutely fantastic company to work for. The level of support you receive is unreal and it was 100% the best decision I could have made joining JYSK. As for work life balance, the management are very accommodating and try their very best to ensure you have the right balance between the home and work environment. It is fantastic working for a company where you can progress and actually be rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
I have been with Jysk for nearly 6 months now and can honestly say it’s a fab place to work. Some days are tough but that just makes the results feel even better. We work hard not only as a store team but as a whole UK team and everyone appreciates everyone else. No good deed goes unturned and the higher management team are very good at making sure those that go above and beyond are acknowledged. The progression opportunities are amazing and if you want to reach the top you absolutely can and everyone within the company will help you along the way. No two days are the same and i wouldn’t have it any other way.
Pros
excellent progression
Cons
sometimes long hours
Great place to work, loads of events and promotions to keep you on your toes. Can be stressful at times but great salary and staff benefits, great management and the company really loves to help you progress. Best place I've worked Overall the job is fun and exciting and you get to meet some lovely people and everyone looks out for each other
Pros
Great staff benefits and discount
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting and can get stressful at times
The management team are a disgrace and they treat their employees as replaceable pawns! The job was not at all as advertised. In my time working there I hardly got to interact with customers and was actually told by a manager when covering another store “don’t both tidying up, it’s not your store don’t worry about it” when asking about if they had a vacuum as the shop was filthy and needed cleaning! Not the impression you should give customers, They promise you the world in the interview to get you in but deliver on nothing. Company full of false promises
Pros
Cons
Far too many to list
Jysk is a great company to work for. Unlike most companies I have worked for you are not just a number on the pay roll, JYSK is like a family where everybody is appreciated and they value opinions of other colleagues.
Pros
Achievable quarterly bonus, great people and management
I really enjoy working at JYSK as they have a fantastic culture. If you work hard and look after the customers they give you big opportunities. The new country management team have really brought something fantastic and always take the time to say hello and involve you in their daily work. I would recommend anyone to come and work at JYSK.
Pros
Competitions/ Team Culture
Cons
Heavy Boxes
As store manager, you aren't allowed to breathe or think for yourself. The senior management team who cannot do their own job try to tell you exactly what to do, yet they get it seriously wrong. Area managers who couldn't even run their own shops properly. Heavy lifting, dangerous warehouses, and you only get some where by brown nosing! Avoid jysk in the uk. You will never regret it otherwise.
Pros
Staff discount.... but ikeas cheaper and better quality
Cons
I enjoyed my time at JYSK. The management are helpful and always give you time off that you need. Hours are good and there is always support available.
Pros
Competition, good colleagues, management, time off
Cons
Heavy boxes
I found this place not very nice to work at the management needed working on i was treated with disrespect and i was forced to give in my notice due to this.
Pros
close to home
Cons
they were very intimidating
The Europe arm of the business is ran very professionally and well the UK operation is not the same the country manager run the business with no input from anyone and gives no praise the district team are puppets and have no retail knowledge and just act as lap dogs great potential but will never be a success with current senior management team
Pros
great company in europe
Cons
long hours low pay poor senior management no priae no guidance
Worked for company for over 2 years and is a excellent company in Europe but in the UK the senior management team doesn't have a clue always changing minds and no guidance and massive pressure
Pros
great danish company and massive in Europe
Cons
Hard work long hours no senior management guidance or support
It's a growing company, still working out the every day functions of business. It has the potential to be great. High Turn over rate, low customer satisfaction, unhappy employees