JYSK

JYSK Pay & benefits reviews

Really foods team to work with management and sales. You get to meet a lot of people from all cultures. And learn new things. Working here was a great experience and would do it again.
Pros
Good lunch brakes and working hours
Cons
Days off
if you last a year ,with this company you have done well.. Truss me. lots of backstabbing, everyday was a stress full day, no support from other store. \yet you put yourself out them.
Pros
Looked forward to your dayoff
Cons
The management of jysk UK is terrible have no idea what they are. Doing and expect too much of us I'd never tell a friend ' oh you should look to apply for a job it's amazing' otherwise I'd be lying.
Pros
Bit of bonus
Cons
Long hours and if worked elsewhere for everything I do I'd get paid more that I'm on here
Old saying ....your only as good as your day before applies. Does not matter how long your with the company. Management work crasy hours and are burnt out.
Pros
Part time staff
Cons
40 to 65 hour weeks, on Salary
Great place to work, loads of events and promotions to keep you on your toes. Can be stressful at times but great salary and staff benefits, great management and the company really loves to help you progress. Best place I've worked Overall the job is fun and exciting and you get to meet some lovely people and everyone looks out for each other
Pros
Great staff benefits and discount
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting and can get stressful at times
This company is great to work for. The pay is over minimum wage and everyone pulls together. The hardest part of the job is when they have big deliveries as you will need to work outside in a weathers but apart from that its great.
Pros
Pay rise every year and 20% staff discout.
Cons
Not really any
I enjoyed my time at JYSK. The management are helpful and always give you time off that you need. Hours are good and there is always support available.
Pros
Competition, good colleagues, management, time off
Cons
Heavy boxes
I've worked for JYSK for 2 years and they have been great for my studies and university timetable. The pay is good too. The hours are long and I haven't done. My contracted hours but the money is worth it.
The Europe arm of the business is ran very professionally and well the UK operation is not the same the country manager run the business with no input from anyone and gives no praise the district team are puppets and have no retail knowledge and just act as lap dogs great potential but will never be a success with current senior management team
Pros
great company in europe
Cons
long hours low pay poor senior management no priae no guidance
I worked here for just under a year as an apprentice. I was guaranteed 30 hours a week, but at £3.33 (which went up to £3.50) it didn't really feel worth it. Once my apprenticeship ended, I was told I would only be offered a 6 hour contract. This wasn't good enough for me as I had bills and direct debits to pay for so I had to find a new job However, the job itself wasn't bad. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and we always had a good laugh. I also met some really lovely customers that really made it feel like the job was worth doing, and outweighed the customers who were unnecessarily rude.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not offering good contract hours
i worked at Jysk for just under 2 years, the shop was good but the managment was unorganised and mad ithard to work under pressure and the staff were never given clear instrutions.
Pros
decent pay, and good staff
Cons
bad managment