KBR

KBR Employee Reviews

United Kingdom106 reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,429 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work that looks after it's staff. Not perfect, nowhere is, but they care. a lot of us work on Projects so don't have much to do with head office but we are not forgotten.

Good team but uninspiring workplace

Team members are good and know their stuff. Always willing to upskill the next generation. Work opportunities are decent in the good times. Salary and benefits are pretty good. Progression in early stages is pretty good.Management are distant and very short-term thinking. Office environment can be cliquey, particularly post-COVID. Limited progression beyond a certain grade.

Insights into KBR

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

They need to learn about UK business and public sector practices.

Mostly nice people.Some nepotism ( even new joiners with little experience recognised this ).Not very experienced in managing BIG Programmes in UK public sector, noticeable incorrect strategy in dealing with the Customer SMEs.

Pros

Chance to use more types of PMO technologies. Good IT hardware, software, and excellent Support.

Cons

Too many inexperienced managers in higher roles — leading to many frustrating issues.

Dirty warehouse and two faced managers

The most demoralising company I have ever seen. Management is not doing anything but micromanaging and demotivating employees. Whatever they offer you, keep yourself away from those people. Disgusting warehouse to work. I was paid well. Toxic Manager (whose gone now).

Pros

Good pay

Cons

long hours, toxic environment

Kind and welcoming workplace

I started at KBR in March 2021 and so far I have had many opportunities to progress with my career.Even though I have only been here for a short amount of time I feel like I am a respected member of the team. The management team takes on bored any feed back I give to make the office even better than what it already is and are always so supportive with any challenges I come across.I have consistent feedback from my team leader as well as the quality team who support me and lead me in the right direction to where I want to be within my career!This is the place to be!

Inclusive and supportive company!

I have recently finished a wonderful period of employment at KBR. I was employed as an ICC Operator. Having never worked in a call centre environment I was very nervous and anxious as to what it would be like. From start to finish my experience was so positive. From training, to meeting the team, call listening and finally being settled in the role. The feedback and quality I received from team members and management was always so professional. I always felt there was someone to ask and everyone I worked with was more than welcoming to help me when I needed it. I only left the role due to my family commitments and I would go back with no hesitations. I really feel that KBR go over and beyond to keep their staff safe and happy. I felt proud to be a KBR ambassador.

I enjoy working at KBR because they champion their employees, and show genuine care and consideration towards staff. I am proud to say that I am fully aligned with their values, especially “We value our People” as KBR encourages me to have regular catch ups and one to ones with my direct reports, and they are the heart of everything I do. KBR focuses these sessions on the employee as a whole, and uses these discussions to look at how the individual can develop and progress in their role. KBR always finds the time to invest in its people, and I regularly see people grow in their careers. A day in the life of a KBR Helpdesk Operator includes speaking to a wide array of customers, and Helpdesk employees are encouraged to find a first time resolution, with a focus on quality over quantity at the forefront of all our customer interactions. At work, I look forward to wellbeing days, where fun activities are arranged for the team. KBR ensures to cater for all staff during these events, and examples of this include paintballing, afternoon tea, climbing activities (that include staff members with young families), healthy fruit days, takeaways, escape rooms and football events. KBR makes my work life easier by allowing a flexible approach to my work, and allowing me to balance my professional life and my home life. I’m proud to work at KBR because of the people I work alongside, the customers we serve and the investment put into me.

Pros

Progression

Cons

Amazing support and progression opportunities

I started at KBR in November 2019. I have had the opportunity to progress at KBR even though I am part time on a term time contract. The Management Team are very supportive to the teams individual circumstances creating a friendly working environment.

Pros

Supportive Management

Cons

High level of process changes

Amazing opportunities and progression

I have worked for KBR Swindon for over 3 years now and it is the best company i have worked for to date. In my 3 years at KBR i have achieved 3 promotions, my first one within my first 3 months with the company. If progression and career development is what you are looking for, this is definitely the place for you. As long as you are willing and dedicated to put your best foot forward, KBR as a company will push you towards your dreams. I have been offered fantastic opportunities in order to advance my career, including but not limited to: working on new contracts, travelling across the country and visiting headquarters, suppliers and working on contracts away from my normal office. My journey at KBR in these short 3 years has been nothing other than extraordinary.The people are friendly and management genuinely care about your wellbeing and career choices, whether you just want to stay in the same role within KBR or whether you want to progress.KBR is a fast paced environment which makes days go very quickly and provides a lot of Job satisfaction, everyone is one big team and is very friendly, so it makes the job even better.KBR has lots of different job opportunities, whether you would like to progress through people management, quality monitoring or through training - there is also amazing opportunities which always come up within other teams in the building.I would hugely recommend KBR to anyone who is considering it, especially if you want to make a career within this industry - with hard work and determination, it is definitely possible. If you are thinking about -

Pros

Constant opportunities for progression

Good Professional Company

Great working environment, always a pleasure to come to work. Management was superb, always accommodating which filtered down to the workforce who were equally accommodating in. their sharing of knowledge.

Productive and fun workplace

KBR is a place where you learn a lot, people is very collaborative and you can find a lot of activities and groups to join and socialise. It is a growth-oriented company, for people who want to make a professional path.

Leader in Petrochemical contracting

I knew their industry and some of their staff. I was asked to apply.....My skills experience and salary expectations fitted with their requirements and we were a good personality match.

Pros

Opportunities for progress.

Cons

Away from home week nights.

office politics & cut throat attitude to employees

Very political inadequate budgets and hour allocations, schedule driven even when the schedule is a fairy story wrote by management idiots who only think of there bonuses. Senior management wear blinkers and simply sacrifice the workers in order to save face . Office is also riddled with free masons !Sadly this use to be a good company to work for its certainly isnt now. Work is outsourced to India, Indonesia,Mexico and the Philippines in order to maximise profit hence the quality is now just about fit for purpose.

Pros

See comment above

Cons

Canteen expensive, location poor, car parking laughable, pension scheme rubbish

Professional Company which I enjoyed working with

The Team that I worked with were great and had a great sense of humour, any problems that arose were dealt with. Team made daily work a pleasant experience, I contact was extended

Pros

Great people to work with

Dire American company.

Avoid like toothache. Offer no support and expect miracles. Bullying exists. Expected to staff a 24 hr call centre with no resource or contingency for staff absence.

Pros

Cons

Long hours in dismal conditions and low pay.

Fun work Environment

Laid back environment, freedom to develop schedules and reports deliver standard set of reports to satisfy Management Exceptional project team all on a single page

Pros

all good

Cons

Parking

Not a people focused company

A company purely focused on the bottom line. Management are only interested in candidates for thier CVs are winning jobs. No interest in professional development.

lying management

lying management team, taking company out of traditional market in order to protect their pensions. Short term view will ultimately destroy the company as they have all their eggs in one basket. As soon as governments start to pull plug on some of their investment programs post covid, KBR will have nowhere to go.

Pros

money, but poor compared to its former competitors

Cons

delusion management that lie to employees

Fantastic company

My time at KBR was full of fun working with great collegaues. I learnt a lot and my work. Overall KBR is full of friendly faces and very professional working environment. Working balance good as activities like sports happens such as cricket where I was the captain of KBR cricket team. It was sad that my temp work had to come to an end but memories will remain strong in my heart.

Pros

Great working enviroment, superb onsite canteen, sporting activities such as cricket

Cons

Nothing at all.

Good Place to work

Nice place to work with great facilities and management make a good effort to organise social events etc. Offices are modern and airy, parking is plentiful Highly Recommend.

Underwhelmed

Not what you think the job will be, unexpected changes to salary and claim to care about mental health but don't act accordingly. Made major changes to salaries in the middle of a pandemic trying to stop people leaving. Selfish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement