KFC

KFC Employee Reviews

Found 3,503 reviews matching the search
A typical day in KFC is arriving to work getting started as soon as you can, going to your station for that shift and getting straight into it. If you are on drive thru till you go straight to that and serve any customers. In between cars you can help out your other peers if their particular station is busy.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Sometimes no break depending on how busy & minimum wage
I use to work for the company but in the beginning was bit hard for me.Then I left the job.But good people there.Was a bit hard to make chicken and look after what you have to take out of the fridge and freezer then write it on a paper.Then go back on the making line then look after the machines.Wash your hands each time before start to making another bag of the chicken.
Pros
Cons
Good hours
I have worked at KFC for a year now, I had an interview with a couple of members of the management team and was offered a job on the spot. My coworkers are all really great to work with, and if it gets too stressful there is always someone to talk to and the management listens if you want to change the position you are working on. A typical day can get pretty busy around lunchtime, but seeing profits increase and smiling customers us really rewarding. I have learned to communicate better and put myself forward for opportunities. The hardest part of the job can be time management, but you are never penalised for this. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills and making loads of new friends with co-workers. I would definitely recommend KFC as a first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful peak times
Have to call if late beforehand, a good company to work for, has good hygiene and cross contamination procedures, fast paced with helpful staff at hand.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
KFC Hereford is one of the best places I have worked for. It was my first proper job.it was great firstly due to its flexible hours. This is something that I needed at the time, due to being at college. The manger there is really understanding and always looks after his staff.it is a great first job and a good way of getting experience and some money, if you are prepared to work hard well on shift, then the management will look after you.Although the pay isn't the best, you do get rewarded for being a good employee. They have a good reward system.Overall I enjoyed working at KFC Hereford and I am still in contact with some of the team as they were the main reason I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great mangement, great team and free food
Cons
low pay
The management is a hit and a miss if your shift runner is in a bad mood your going to get the brunt of it If the store has a bad week of sales your hours will be cut drastically We are moving to monthly payIf your under 18 and I would go apply for McDonald’s there pay is better Minimum wage
Pros
Staff meal 25% staff discount
Cons
Minimum wage very snakey
Essentially all of Norfolks managers other than a few exceptions are a bunch of children spitting their dummies out at the slightest inconvenience. Alright for a temp job but unless you want horrible hours and school like cliques that if your not in means you do all the naff work and others work avoid.The free chicken is the only positive 👍
Pros
Free chicken
Cons
Everything else
I started in my last year of college. Managers where unprofessional and Always spoke about inappropriate topics around younger staff members which I personally feel is unacceptable. I would not recommend to any child that’s just left school (16). They had very flexible hours so you could change them when you needed too. Some friendly staff members that really help and guide you when you new. They do not follow all health and safety guidelines all the time only when the head managers come into supervise.I got accepted to the job the same day. Not everyone was treated fearly. Depending on your gender and if you managers favoured you, you could potentially get away with a lot. So if your a man and you don’t listen and don’t want to follow rules but still want to get paid .... This is the job for you!! The best part about the job was meeting genuinely nice people. I recommend this job for people with thick skin!
Pros
Free lunches £5 maximum, flexible hours
Cons
Discriminative behaviours from colleague’s and managers, unprofessional and inappropriate conversations, required to do things that are not in your job description or trained for, unhygienic.
It’s was ok to work there food was good money was ok worked there nearly 2 years and it was good just wanted something else to do didn’t want to work for Kfc all my life
I had great fun at working their lots of new techniques and stills to learn however it’s badly time managed and it’s really fast paced hardly NO BREAKS. And you aren’t getting paid enough!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours and bad pay
I enjoyed working when I first started then it started to turn around when I tried to change my hours due to personal issues and they wouldn't change it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours little pay
One of the worst experiences ever with management more specifically the business manager staff are amazing and helpful wouldn't suggest working there if you have issues with mental health
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Horrible management
More work less money. Usless to work in kfc.. not a good place for me to work. They should increase wages. Its hardworking job and not fully recoznied ..
I worked at kfc for about 6 years. I worked Monday to Friday I was a team member (cook) I got told that i would get trained on different stations but they make promises they can't keep. I would advise people who wish to apply for this company stay well clear. I was there for 6years and got absolutely nothing out of it
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Poor managers from top to bottom
Mostly is busy need hard work at working time no stop always something to do and short break time given but is free lunch at least for starting i think is good job
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Mangers treat you like a mug and salary is rubbish never work at kfc if you want a good wage or good team go and get better job I left bec been treat like a mug the only day I liked it when it was ran by a other mangers
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hrs
Nice place to work at apart from miscommunication with colleagues and stressful times. Can be quite rushy and crowded when in rush hour but overall it runs quite smoothly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Miscommunication and long hours
Avoid this place at all costsPoor appreciation of all the extra work that is done, always plie work on to those experience that it drives you to a point you'd rather be in Afghanistan.
Work place is very stressful and the manger don’t understand the word confidentiality cause I brought in a doctors note and the whole store new about it
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No confidentiality
When i applied for this job position I believed that I would receive the correct training. I was disappointed with how KFC is organised to train new staff as the is not a system in place. I asked other staff members how they wear trained and they all received the online testes however some of the staff members received supervisor support during their 1st few weeks. My time at KFC was not as I expected as I thought after doing the online test and work I would always be working with a supervisor that would show me and explain to me how to do my job. This was not what happened I did not have any supervisors support and I did not receive help from management. I think KFC needs to be more organised with new staff I also feel judged when they let me go as I was only working on the floor my 5th shift and i feel lie they did not give me more time to learn how to do my job.
KFC as a company only think about the top managers. The company don't think about the junior staff, the top executive only think of their welfare. There is no fun at KFC, one have to work with less staff and end with stressed.
Pros
Yes free lunch.
Cons
Less hours minimum pay
  1. Employee reviews