KFC

KFC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3,882 reviews

Found 3,882 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,846 reviews

Stressful at the time

The job itself can be very stressful as you have to deal with alot of customers. However working as a team helped and made work more enjoyable . All the coworkers were genuinely nice .

Pros

Discounted food

Didn't enjoy

Personally when starting off to get a job part time as a student i wouldn't recommend. Zero hours and it's just stress and pressure, a lot of the time the organisation is horrible leading to customers having to wait so long to get their food. Management can be laid back and your shifts can end up being cancelled here and there. Better off looking into retail.

Insights into KFC

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Repetitive and fun but busy.

Will work there again if younger. It was local and arrange to fit and understand a varied environment. To build work experience and qualifications. Activity filled.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, transport not available during holidays

Toxic workplace

Management cut down hours and then expect you in on days you aren’t on rota for and expect you to cancel plans to benefit them. Constant threats to be sacked if you don’t go in on your days off by management

Pros

Free lunch occasionally

Cons

No job security

Fun but stressful at times

Was here for about 9 years working my way up to store manager. Great people to work with. Higher you go the more accountable you become and can be stressful. Short staffed sometimes but i enjoyed that more as you could create a game to see how many orders you could process

Fun but busy

KFC is a fun place to work when it's not busy but when it is then it gets stressful but overall its enjoyable and as colleagues are mostly teenagers or people my age it's pure vibes. management is absolutely terrible and they all end up leaving after a while but other than that I would recommend working with friends, makes the whole shift easier.

Horrible work enviroment

Management is horrible not only at their job but also to the staff they hire. I only speak on behalf of the KFC I worked at and it was the worst experience I've had

Stressful

It's a fast paced environment ... weekend and night shifts are hard to work but day shift is better with less number of orders. Anyway it's stressful job

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful

it’s kfc

the job itself is an actual nightmare but pretty much all customer service roles are. the actual team i worked with were (mostly) all gems and i made friends for life but you don’t get paid enough for the abuse you face from the public

Stressful

Unhealthy work environment would not recommend to anyone, underpaid compared to the competitor mcdonalds by about a third. Understaffed and overworked.

Pros

£5 free break food

Kfc

I found it difficult sometimes and I could not handle it. My management was not that good I had not had much help so I left it got to much for me. On your day off we litter picked which wasn't part of the job.

Can be fun but it is stressful

People who work in the store are lovely, and funny to get on with, but the place can get busy and stressful, especially if your under staffed. Friendly environment

Quite fast paced and stressful

Good as a first job witnessed quite alot of career progression. Can gey quite busy and stressful. The hours can feel quite long but isn't to bad at all

Demanding compared to salary

You will have to be on your feet all day unpaid breaks clock off to smoke constantly check everything is in stock meet absurd pack times motivate other people to work while making the work place feel like a prison company prioritises profits over staff mental health. Also, just because they can means you aren’t working hard enough.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Can’t pick your hours

It is okay, but can be mentally exhuasting

Good that I was able to work at times that suited me, got free food and can get days off when I want to. But since this is my first ever paid job, I always feel anxious going into work (maybe just personal), some people I have become really friendly with even the manager (who left now) but quite stressful during busy times, uniform is not great. Once I first started working I was only getting £4.70 but it increased to £7 later but it should be the adult wage (£10). Most enjoyable part of work is probably talking to my colleagues, worst part is peak hours where you are constantly moving and always standing and mentally not great.

Horrible, overworked and no support

First few days was terrible just got thrown in the deep end without being fully shown what i am meant to be doing :*(Mannagers are not very good at supporting you.Only good point is free food.

Rubbish place to work

I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. there are no benefits, shifts are unbalanced, Everything’s old or broken, The shop where I work hasn’t had air conditioning in 5 years because they said it’s too expensive to fix so in the summer the shop can be up too 30 degrees and the winter it can be under 10. they set pretty much unachievable goals and the pay isn’t worth half the work you do.

Fun but challenging work place

shift days suited around your outside life, free food on your lunch break and experience working in front and middle of house but hours are long, it can get very tiring, and 12am finishes for closing staff as long as you are 18 or over.

Not a good place to work

To many hours long days and no breaks shift runner are hard to get along always complaining about something that is not in your control wouldn't recommend to work here

It's a fun place to work I love working with the people I'm working with

The people I work with the very fun to work with I work hard and I complete a job every night and help others to do deers I love working at this place

Fun

I like cooking chicken and I had the best time with jobs inbetween Uni. Lots of fun and giggles but also taught me how to work under pressure. Good manager :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement