Kaplan

Kaplan Employee Reviews

This job is kind of part time participant which responsibility for support for teachers and team members at school. I got lots of communication and teamwork skills with most of the officers and teachers here in KICL. The culture in KICL was really friendly and tolerant.
Pros
communication and teamwork skills improvement
Cons
lack of salary
Changed when new manager s in and structure change they changed thinks that we're not broken then a atmospheres between everyone started so working environment wasnt good
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Bad mangers
Kaplan London Bridge had the most toxic work environment I have experienced in 30 years of working in Higher Education in UK universities. Lovely colleagues but everyone left as soon as they were able. Shockingly bad management who did not respect or value highly-experienced professional staff.
Pros
Cons
Shockingly bad management
I was job hunting and applied for many roles and during this time I received numerous job offers of which one being Kaplan but I declined the rest and chose this. This was the biggest mistake of my life and will regret for the rest of my life, as I suffer unemployment during an epidemic and so little places are reluctant to hire. Anyhow shortly after I passed the interview and started working something which I have never seen occurred. I received a second interview by two incompetent managers who had interviewed me for the same role I am currently working as. I have been only working here for 3 months to be told they will have to let me go cause I don’t suit the place and lacked the experience. Firstly I have a degree and a strong background in this field so I was more than qualified and within a week I was in the middle when it came to my weekly stats so this was quite shocking. Secondly, I only worked within my role for 2 months as they had such a disgraceful training process I spent a month shadowing instead of two weeks, due to not being able to get me a login. in terms of culture, it’s extremely marginalised and there isn’t a shed of diversity which makes sense why I didn’t fit in. Don’t expect any job security they told me I had to go during the first week of the epidemic where finding a job would be extremely difficult I have addressed this and their response was ”you will manage”. I’m currently unemployed during this difficult time with zero income, be warned this company has no shred of sympathy.
Pros
Workload was ok
Cons
No support or structure to training you shadow for 1 month and thats it, I came up with stuff to help the company improve and was fired, stats was better than most employees within my first week shows not much quality.
Overall: Company has good listening abilities and genuinely cares for his colleagues and is always available to help them out with any advise that they need.
Teaching at Kaplan is very straightforward as the lessons are very well planned. Besides, there are plenty of materials to support one's teaching and encourage and motivate learners. The teachers are very helpful, especially when it comes to the admin. work, which is the hardest part of the job. The variety of nationalities makes it a worthwhile and extremely rich experience.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Admin work
Enjoyed my time there and in general the people I worked with were friendly. The hours can be long, however you can also plan your day. It didn't appear to have much management support.
Pros
Can plan your own week
Cons
Long hours and sometimes with little support
The company treats employees terribly at KOL in Leeds. So many people have left and will continue to do so. They pay lip service to wellbeing but that is all
Nice place to work although salaries a bit low. Nice environment to be working. very multicultural and friendly. The MD is not really suitable for such organisation.
Pros
not saturday and sunday working
Cons
salaries too low
Many changes, you have to adapt fast, work hard and be able to work under pressure, specially in high season. In my opinion, they should offer the employess more training to grow professionaly. They should invest more in their employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kaplan?
Stressful, good team but lack of promotion in the business. The place is dominated by managers who don't have clear ideas on how to manage people and to get the best out of their teams. Staff turnover is high, there is no flexibility in terms of childcare if you are a parent.
Dynamic and vibrant workplace with people from all over the world and opportunities to work across different departments and gain new experience and training.
The job was great. The people were great but the only issue was the pay. I don't think the pay is enough to survive on. But if you are just starting up then it is an awesome stepping stone. A lot of skills to gain and a lot of experiences to have.
It was really nice working here. Everyone was welcoming and was nice. Everyone worked as a team and would help me if i was unsure about something. This job helped me build my confidence as i had to work as a team.The student service manager was a great mentor and so was everyone else. It was a great summer job!
Pros
Pay, work environment, Nice collegues
Cons
Toxic management turning what could be a great place to work into a total nightmare with staff crying regularly. Teaching and admin staff were great people but were betrayed constantly by terrible management practices - the kind of place where people hand in their notice with no job to go to (regularly). Head office very aware of the toxic environment but choose to belittle and ignore the issues so they prevail.
Pros
Some great colleagues
Cons
It is all home based, very little time physically sewing learners.. need to be very computer literate
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
All working at home
I think that kaplan is an amazing company where you can learn, enjoy yourself and work at the same time. There is a multinational culture and good environment You can learn about the process, a lot of expertise of the manager. Day to day you have targets and some times it´s hard but if you follow the rules you have 80% done. The culture is amazing, you can speak with your college about the any issues in relation with customers or price..etc Every friday after work there are a meet up with you collegues in an relaxing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lovely environment for tutors and staff - supportive facilities for students looking to do their ACA and ACCA qualifications. Flexible timing and teaching pedagogy.
Everyone is friendly and they're a very sociable bunch, the environment is nice. Pay could be a bit higher but it's still not bad. There's some opportunity for advancement or you could even do one of the qualifications and they'll pay for it completely.
IncreĂ­ble experiencia laboral, con muchĂ­simas oportunidades de crecimiento
-Building strong customer rapport by providing advice and support to potential student’s enquiries to make sure their coursework matches their needs. -Work cross functionally with counterparts in Operations, school directors, accommodation officers, and agents in Canada, USA, UK Australia and NZ to ensure alignment on priorities to deliver customer satisfaction. - Fun and multicultural place to work
  1. Employee reviews