Kare Plus

Kare Plus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom204 reviews

karepluslovelyagencyshiftsupportivestaffcareoffice

Offered hours I need.

I have worked for KarePlus for a number of months, overall enjoying the experience.offered enough hours for what i need. Decent worklife balance, management could have better customer serice skills as find a few of them to be rude and blunt.

Pros

Good worklife balance

Cons

Management could be better.

Love working for KarePlus

I have worked for this company for around 3years now and during my time here, i have thoroughly enjoyed it. Management are very supportive and are only ever a phone call away. Relaxed working environment. All clients are adorable and easy to care for. Working hours to suit my availability is a bonus. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to all our lovely clients.

Pros

Good rates of pay and mileage is really good too at 40p a mile.

Insights into Kare Plus

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Zero care

I have a had a few issues with Kare plus :• Firstly lied to by what the job role entailed. • Was promised loads of shifts in my chosen area, but struggled to actually get a shift when I gave my available days.• Zero training given, your just given an address of where your working and then that’s it.

Positive team

I have worked for two years now for Kare Plus. The office team are great, friendly and always trying to get you shifts, there is plenty of work available. Not the highest paid agency but loads of work.

Creative and excellent work place

I've been with Kareplus since 2021,and I love working with them. Regular and flexible shifts, respectful staff and I feel happy working with them. Good weekly pay. The payrate is good too.

Pros

Paid breaks

Great Agency

Working with kareplus is an amazing experience. Pay Is fairly good.Manager is brilliant helpful and caring about his staff.Rota suitable for staff needs .A lot of shifts available in the area

Lovely place to work

I worked for the branch in Coventry and only left due to getting a permanent role with guaranteed hours. Always had work that fitted around my home life and baby twins at the time. Management were pleasant and friendly to deal with. I believe there was opportunities for career advancement and gaining the relevant qualifications, had I not relocated to Manchester.

Pros

Flexible to work around family life

Cons

Zero hour contracts

Family atmosphere

Kareplus is now MD Care, same directors, different manager, one of the best companies I’ve worked for, very friendly, open door policy, any problems sorted and all the staff are friendly and love there jobs, most go that extra mile for there coients

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

There are none

Fun workplace . Plenty of support, nice team

Kare plus is a professional supportive enviroment . Kare plus cares about the clients needs and tries to match the right support to suit the individual package .

productive

kareplus has been a plus to me since I joined them.they've helped develop more in the care sector and they gave me the opportunity to to grow In my career.

Great company to work for

Very good company to work for. Management are very helpful and understanding and always ensure that you have enough work and will contact you to check if you need work if your low on hours. That being said we are one of the lowest paid agencies compared to others and this needs to be looked at. Especially due to the cost of living going up and the placements we go to, staff are getting paid more than us.

Numerous code violations and bullying

Can’t believe I ever worked there regret it every day Only good for people who work in agency who want to work about 3 day and never come backStaff are toxic Management are toxic No one actually cares about the patientsAnd you God forbid they ever have a drug test would be a long day in the office for everyone

Kare plus take care of there staff any problems you no you can phone them up anytime ,and they will try and help in anyway they can

Lovely company to work for very friendly and alway there to give a helping hand. Very good wages. Kare plus always tries to put you at the same place so to get used to the service user. And if they can't they always place you in another place where they think it might suite you have never been dissatisfied with the places I have been .Plus you get paid every wk which is good.would recommend working for this company any day .

Understanding

Enjoying the job understanding and reliable good hours Flexible with working hours office staff are nice...Couldn't really say a bad thing about the company

Fast paced, long days, a lot of mileage covered.

Very long hours. Very early start, 6am, split shifts. Pay not good. Service users lovely. Not enough time at each call to chat and listen to how they feel.

Pros

Lovely service users

Cons

Long hours, not enough time allocated at calls

Supportive management team!

I worked for the oxford branch for around 2 years. Management are helpful, supportive and understanding. I would have definitely continued to work there if I hadn't moved out of area and family circumstances were different.

Pros

Training is excellent Weekly paid Management are easy to talk to

Unprofessional

Very unprofessional company.Would let people start work without there DBS.Doesn’t care about there workers well being.Paperwork never up to date.Wouldn’t recommend to anyone

Stressful place to work

Management who expect staff to work more than possible. Management is very supportive and friendly on the beginning but if really asking for help they are not helpful at all. I be been working under the stress, been given hours which I did not agreed on my availability and not enough travel time. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Pros

Quarterly bonus for not taking off sick day

Cons

Expected to work long hours

Dangerous- care about money over staff and clients

Don’t care about work life balance expect everything from staff and give nothing in return. Clients often receive late calls. Lots of near misses due to insufficient training and management.

Pros

Cons

Where do I start?

Poor support from Head office

Only positives to this company were my manager and a select few colleagues. Pay seems good on paper but its nothing in to comparison of the hours your work. Are not honest with staff when there are issues that arise. Overworked, underpaid and not respected or appreciated for the work you underrake.

Pros

Supportive manager and collegues

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, understaffed

Shocking

The way they treat the staff is disgusting. Poor management - procedures not followed correctly. Employ just about anyone which is concerning when working with such vulnerable people, most of the staff are lazy including management. Try and con you out of money when you leave. During the pandemic, the staff wasn't allowed to take anymore than 10 'one use face masks', on average you have 10-15 calls per day so not given the correct amount of PPE.

Pros

The clients

Cons

Long hours and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kare Plus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement