Karro Food Group
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Karro Food Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom143 reviews

Significantly underpaid for the work the job entails

Underpaid, poor working and welfare conditions. Expected to work every second weekend which isn't ideal for someone with a young family. Poor on the job training.

2 March 2022
Good Morning, thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us. Please could you take the time to drop us an email recruitment@karro.co.uk for a confidential chat regarding your review? We are keen to understand more.

New owners don’t have a clue

Was a fun place to work but since being took over by Sofina being driven to the ground won’t get rid of the Hellenic system don’t care about getting production out all about the yield. Too many Romanians that are dangerous and stressing us permanents beyond belief. Awarding wrong staff permanent contracts who still don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Meat prep department underpaid bagging operators overpaid. Management in offices don’t have a clue about how factory floor works. This is why all experienced staff are leaving!

Pros

Christmas shut down bank holidays off no work weekends

Cons

Rotating shifts no early Friday finish on the pm shift

Insights into Karro Food Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Each to their own

Loved working with the live stock it’s a great job. The problem is some of the people that’s park there. You will be told about their senior stockman program then leading to management of your own unit. This will happen if your face fits or you have a severely brown nose. No one will help you or encourage you to move up, most other workers are 2 faced back stabbers. Pay so reasonable bonus scheme is a bit of a joke target becomes impossible so you earn less when it’s bonus month.

Go nowhere

Horrible place to work if you don't suck up to the boss you don't go anywhere the pigs are good to work with just the people are not they Don have a clue how to treat employees you are just a number

Not place to work

Very bad place to work pay not good and asking for to much and management always looking over your and rude would not go there And ppe not good at all

Pros

Not good

Cons

Hrs

7 April 2022
Good Morning, thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us. Please could you take the time to drop us an email recruitment@sofinafoods.co.uk for a confidential chat regarding your review? We are keen to understand more.

Stressful & Underpaid

A typical day is very fast paced and can sometimes be very unorganised as things can change from one minute to another. Communication can sometimes be lacking

Stressful

Hard work, stressful , expect too much.Un happy work place . Badly run company.Wouldn’t advise anybody to work there .Not a healthy environment to work in .

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Terrible management no benefits

Worst company to work for in Haverhill terrible Communication poor wages bad conditions health and safety non-existent this must be on a Brink of closure

15 March 2022
Good Afternoon, thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us. Please could you take the time to drop us an email recruitment@karro.co.uk for a confidential chat regarding your review? We are keen to understand more.

Great for smokers!

Great managers! Unusual team but great people and lots of support. Culture at factory floor level is definatly marmite but I would work with any of the management team again!

15 March 2022
Good Afternoon, thank you for leaving such a positive review. We're happy to hear the management have left a fantastic impression!

Working with Karro is a great opportunity for foreigners like me.It has good salary package and good benifits.

Its nice working at Karro. Nice food at canteen. Team leaders and co workers are nice.HR is also accomodating. I am just having mild problems communicating with co workers because of language barriers.Ernvironment is very safe because of Safety standards that are strictly enforce by management.

Pros

Free meals for 2 weeks

23 February 2022
Good morning, thank you for leaving us such a positive review and that you feel safe in your work.

Productive and good salary.

It is nice to work here in Karro Food Group. The management are friendly and accommodating. Good working hours. Pay good salary and have a decent canteen.

Pros

Good salary

23 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

Nice place to work.

As an agency or temp worker, I was sent to karro and completed my first day there Thursday yesterday. It’s a small friendly place to work, colleagues were very supportive and although the work is fairly fast paced as with any production line, I m actually looking forward to going to work today.I d recommend working for Karro foods.

Pros

Free coffee, 3 breaks

23 February 2022
Good Morning, thank you for your wonderful review! It's fantastic to hear that you are working in such a great environment.

Very poor and dangerous working conditions

Aggressive management, no safety precautions, no adequate training. Lack of communication fluency among the vast majority of workers. Very loud environment, but that cannot be helped. What can be helped, however, is proper equipment (like noise cancelling earmuffs) that are not supplied to every worker immediately or with the first week or two.

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

Depressing and cold

11 January 2022

Everyday is diff. It’s fast paced and you don’t see the day go by

I was quickly moved up the ladder in less than two years. My hard work didn’t go unnoticed. The atmosphere is always good. Like all jobs there is some bad days but 99% of the time it’s good

Pros

Shift allowance, company sick pay.

11 January 2022
Good morning and thank you for your fantastic review. We're happy to hear you have had such a positive experience with us.

Very very BAD

Managers are terrible, team leaders are terrible, hard word and very low pay. The treatment given to the staff is poor, very poor. Is a social nightmare..

Pros

can't se any

Cons

long hours, repetitive work. Managers and team leaders

worst job EVER

horrible place to work. you get treated like a peasant at work. Get talked down and disrespected all the time by the team leaders and managers.very unfriendly environment. The pay is bad for the amount of work and the very fast pace. very long hours and is freezing wet and dirty. Worst job I ever had. I'd rather being unemployed than work for them again.

Pros

none at all

Cons

I would be here all day just mentioning the cons.

Quite bad

Not a good place to work for. Dead end job because you not allowed to progress unless you are a friend or relative with the management. Bad pay and hard work. Dirty and cold place

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Poor management. Bad pay

6 December 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review with constructive feedback. I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us and I have passed on your feedback and will use this to improve how our company operates. if you would like to send us an email recruitment@karro.co.uk for a confidential chat regarding your review we would be happy to discuss this and understand more.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. Managers make sure that you feel miserable at work and make your life as hard as possible. Double standards depending who you are, is a dead end job because you only get promoted if you friends with the boss/managers. Managers are just a joke same goes for most the team leaders. Awfull pay for the amount of work that you required to do. Food in canteen is disgusting to the point that I have been served food that stunk and was slimy. Got treated like rubish most the time. Was dreading every day going to work, and everybody I know that works there hates that place as much as I do. AVOID AT ALL COST

Pros

There is no pros

Cons

Everything about that company

Very unpleasant

Worked here for many years. Environment is dirty, extreme temperatures (either very warm or very cold), wet and unhygienic. This factory is full of managers with pumped up egos and even worse are the people below them. The team leaders are just the workers who weren’t necessarily the best but the managers favourites. Everything you do is closely watched by these people even before they get in any position of authority. Family links are the next most important thing need for progression if you don’t have a father/uncle etc in a position of authority you don’t have a hope of moving up the ranks no matter how hard you work. Heard they’ve put money up significantly since I was there wouldn’t go back no matter what they paid me. It may look appealing from the outside decent hours and good pay but I would really advice people to steer clear of this place.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, abusive managers, dirty, poor canteen and dangerous work at times.

6 December 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review with constructive feedback. It’s unfortunate to hear that you had a bad experience, we have passed on your feedback and will use this to improve how our company operates. Could you take the time to drop us an email recruitment@karro.co.uk for a confidential chat regarding your review? We are keen to understand more.

Not a Great Company to Work for.

Very little respect between management/team leaders and ordinary operatives. Increased work load paired with a reduction in staff numbers make for a very uncomfortable, unhealthy working environment. Although you receive an above average salary the work load is tough and management will not care if you’re unhappy or in pain from repetitive tasks as staffing issues leave little variety and variation in your day to day tasks.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Undervalued

6 December 2021

Not paid enough for the work you do.

For a job where you could potentially get serouisly hurt everyday or worse, you don't get paid enough for this job.Lied in interviews about days off and they don't tell you that you'd be working 12 days on before getting a weekend off and also didn't mention in application about working weekends.Unsociable hours every 3 weeks for 2 days in summer and 1 in winter which again you don't get extra pay for an those days are hard work.

6 December 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Karro Food Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Karro Food Group with

• Karro Food Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?