Kavanagh Motor Group

Kavanagh Motor Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews

recoverycontrolshiftlongbadmoneybreaklife

Don't bother thinking you're a human

I worked in recovery for a few years and for kav for about a year and left because the management and control for the company were horrendous. They will try their best to run you way beyond your shift, I sometimes worked up to 18hr. They couldn't even have the decency to leave you alone on your days off, constantly calling on the phone and even sending other drivers to your home address if you don't answer them. Not one manager is trustworthy, their only objective is to cover their own back. They charge you for training which consists of sitting in a room for two days watching videos from the 90s but when on the job and you follow the rules set, the control are on your back to go against the rules so they can clear their job screen and go home themselves. I left kavenagh severely stressed and out of pocket and have been put off of working in the industry ever since.

Gain more experience

Good place for work, keep the body and the mind occupied all the time. Chance to Travel throughout UK. Meet new people every day. Choose your own break time.

Pros

To visit more places.

Insights into Kavanagh Motor Group

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

stressfull treated like dirt

just say no 80 plus hrs a week management never accountable poorly maintained vans no tool allowance inadiquate exuiptment on vans _usualy broken

Pros

really no pros

Cons

extremely long hours, no time for life outside work, as the shift pattern has you working sundays and all bank hols inc christmas

Easy job . Awful management .

Easy job . Awful management , Van's poorly stocked , road crew persistently bullied to sell batterys , ( vastly overpriced , max profit ) . Head of HR constantly lies to staff . Company cheated when giving payrise by including unobtainable mpg targets . Stopped supplying gloves , wipes to save money . Reduced 1hr break to 20 mins after 6 hrs on shift . Tried telling staff that road crews needed permission to go to toilet . I dont think so !!! .

Pros

Easy job, work remotely .

Cons

Incompetent management . Constant attitude of staff are worthless, a throwaway item .

Terrible company

Never go anywhere near this company. They will keep you out for 16 hours a day driving and the law does nothing about them, if you try to refuse you will have to endure arguments with Managers on the phone and then be called for interview and threatened with the sack. Drivers have accidents due to being tired they then take the money out of your wages .for.theitdddadddamageddamage 9

Pros

Cons

Unfit vehicles, tetrible management, disgraceful pay and conditions, flout the road traffic laws.

Stay away

Bad company always send you to jobs where the vehicle is over weight for your trunk, management are bad at their job and make you get anything said to you in writing as they don’t follow through with what they said

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to list

Stressful and Uncareing

You were sent out to do a job with the minimum amount of equipment. And hassled all day to get jobs done and onto the next job. Then they expected you to sell parts to customers even if the customer did not wish to purchase from the company. There was no consideration as to home life and you never finished on time. Yes there was overtime but most of the time you just waisted your day off.

Pros

Cons

Worked and treated like a dog.

My experience

I enjoyed the job as a recovery driver however during busy times you would receive jobs after jobs even if you hadn’t finished the job you was on, in quiet days you’d sit around a lot there was a couple of days where I wouldn’t get any jobs which wasn’t so bad as it’s an hourly rate, the dispatch manager at the time didn’t care about anything else but getting jobs done so requesting to him was like you’ve just insulted him, there was times where they would send you on jobs that required towing which at the time I didn’t have a towing licence. The best part was how you felt helping someone or a family continue with there trip weather you had just changed there wheel of recovered them to the destination, the bad part was you never knew where you was going to be, I was a recovery driver based in Kent however I spent most of my time in and around London.

Pros

Feeling accomplished when helping families

Cons

You could be working 14/15 hour days/nights

Bad place

Don't work there they don't pay you on time they talk to you like your not even a person managers are bad at there job your have to take cars that over your limits to your licence the vans are bad don't get looked after at all make you work 14 hour days then want you back out 8 hours latter you don't get payed hoilday pay or a lunch brake and when you leave they take money off you for any reason they can stay away

A Productive workplace

A typical day at work is very productive. My role involves driving to various locations in and out of London to carry out duties of rescue. I spend a majority of the time lone working and interacting with various members from all walks of life. I learned the importance of good communication and collaboration. Work culture with this organisation is excellent as safety is paramount at all times. The hardest part of the job is the physical attributes required in order to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting, talking and helping people. Also the amazing countryside views.

Job over veiw

You'll be working non-stop they will even have you working from 6 am to 12 at night until you tell them And once you tell them you can't work anymore over time you'll be questioned if why You will receive phone calls on your days off and the salary is never correct

treatment of their drivers

where do I start? my partner works for them, I never see him, he is stressed all the time, the pay is rubbish,they deduct pay for anything. we live at the end of medway so logic would say to give him jobs in kent……...noooo, north London straight away with an irate member moaning at him for taking so long. he is always shoved into Essex and London which takes him well over an hour plus to get there, I can only presume my man is not the only person in kent that works for them!then they expect you to accept overtime...….aint gonna happen when my partner gets home at 2 in the morning! forget 12 hour shifts, my other half does minimum 15 hours, but most times 18 to 19 hours, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT A LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

loads

Stay away from this company !

Long 14 - 15 hours shifts with no break (20 mins if your lucky to get this) in old broken vans with very little equipment. Managers treat you with absolutely no respect. Induction is very short, you will just be watching old videos and signing a lot of paperwork. They will make you tow vehicles which arent supposed to be towed in a certain way. The pay does not reflect the hours you work and you wont have a social life. The system they provide you with to accept and send job information is very old and constantly loses signal. There is a very high staff turnover so that pretty much sums up this establishment. Working here was the worst decision I have ever made. You are left feeling completely drained after a few months and I was actually shocked about how much I had previously heard about this company was true.. Pretty much everything!

Pros

Cons

Clocking off, going home

The worst company in the world

When I read some of the reviews before I started I thought it was just ex workers that were sour. But having worked for the company I can honestly say I have never been pushed to the limit to this extent. I don’t even know were to start , you don’t get paid for overtime your made to do 15 hours a day no family time and your spoken to like a piece of dirt. Seriously avoid this company they will push you to the point were you will be sitting at home considering doing some serious harm to these ppl. I don’t know how the managers sleep at night karma will come for them I’m sure Stay away don’t go near this company

Cons

No equipment broken vans

Dont ever think to apply even.....

Worst time of my carrier. Non capable management. No Employee promotions or appreciations. No proper breaks. No Staff Canteen. No drinking water for staff. Long 12 shifts.

Pros

Near to my home

Cons

Money on time

Your not treated with respect

You will be taken on as a employee .work a minimum 12-14 hr a day . They will give you the run around . They will contridict themselves many times. They will try to get you to work long over your hours. And the pay doesn't match the hours. They will get rid of you before 2 years employed. As much as some people are friendly be prepared to get trodden on as they want browny points . There favourite saying. .it not for everyone.

Pros

Cons

Its a con job

Not a great place to work

Not a great place to work management not great vans and lorry not servised control on your back every 5 minutes equipment does not work you better buy your own tools

Cons

You need to be desperate

Getting a job with this company was easy... they barely check anything it's like cannon fodder because no one stays in this company long... probably 2 out of 10 do.... this has got to be the worst company I've ever worked for or heard of in my life... you feel like your working for the mafia... they talk to you like your a slave.. they pay you bad money... and if you want good money you better be willing to work like it's the 1980's doing 13-15 hour days... they will send u on a job another hour away when your already 2 hours away from your home address just 10 minutes before u finish a 12 hour shift.. dont bother... save yourself the agro and raised blood pressure... dont do it to yourself.

Pros

Non

Cons

Hard work but can earn good salary.

If you like helping ppl, meetin ppl and believe that ur value to a company is what u put into it, then this job is for u. No free ride and not a job were u can hide, time is muny, n that means muny in my pocket - knock on is I get thru my targets when I work smart not hard, simple, earn more then. I think I would be questioning my man skills if people were chasing me to see how long I was on a job, that would drive me nuts. Tech support is good the go to managers give u solid advice. Not rude but control room people don't know tech stuff, busy on other calls so no point calling them unless you really, really have to. They just doin there job.

Pros

Good salary, company vehicle no more travelling to work at own cost

Cons

If you customers are havin a bad day..

at the time wasnt good place to work

no customer service skills, was that bad that my manager left. the control team didn't have a clue how to do there job and the help was never there, didn't treat staff weell

One of the worst

Have worked for the company for almost a month, don't give you proper training just a day or two in the van with someone else to watch and learn and one afternoon learning how to set up towing equipment and tow! Your have control on your case from the time your shift starts till the end, it's ethier "we have another job waiting!" Or " how long till complete!" Mangers ring up if your taking too long as well. You are meant to get 20mins to diagnose a problem.. might think it's easy if a battery or tyre but when they say electrical or unknown you have one option which is tow. You will tow more than your licence allows you too even tho your not meant too and risk your licence if you do not have the b+e. Control is meant to be there to support you but never do because Harley answer their phones! Pay is fair but too long hours, no social life and work over 12hrs so be prepared. Wish I never left my old job

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Long hours, no social life, tiring/physical etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kavanagh Motor Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Kavanagh Motor Group with

Learn about Kavanagh Motor Group in popular locations

• Kavanagh Motor Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?