Kemble at Home

Kemble at Home Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

Compassionate work place

It is a lovely and a strong beliefs company. Always caring for his clients and carers. Managers step in every time they are neededAlways some one to listen the cares issues

Pros

Good rates

Cons

Not organised with the rotas, pay very litle per mile

Great company to work for

I really enjoy working for Kemble, the work is enjoyable & the clients are great. The training is comprehensive and sets you up very well. The managers have always been very approachable & supportive. I am new to care work & they have been very patient & offer excellent advice when needed. Likewise my colleagues have been really great to work with & have been gone out of their way to help.

Insights into Kemble at Home

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Rewarding

I’ve only worked for Kemble at Home for 4 months. Training in house for 4 days paid was excellent. You shadow for the first few visits before you go alone but someone always at end of phone.Minimum 1 hour visits which I find much better.It can be hard work but so rewarding when clients do not want you to go.You can really make a difference to peoples lives.

Would give 0 if I could.

Worked for this company and it was the worst domiciliary care company I have ever worked for. Felt pressured into taking on extra calls/hours, even when on holiday!! If you had to drop out of work in an emergency due to family members etc, they weren't understanding at all, didn't make any effort to help and when you told them that you needed to drop out of shift due to the emergency, they then call you into the office. Planning in meetings/work after a night shift/waking night and then complaining when you explain you can't do it.Only good thing is the uniform is nice and modern and the pay is good for the sector but isn't worth it for all the hassle you will get.

Pros

Uniform & fair pay for sector

Cons

Everything else

Really nice company to work for, you will feel part of a team and meet some amazing people along the way.Management are there for you when needed they trust their staff.

Pros

Great team, flexible hours

Cons

not enough travel time (sometimes)

Great company to work for

Absolutely love my job! I have been with Kemble at home for nearly 3 years. It isn’t ‘just ‘a job to me ,the relationships you build with your clients, their families and our management is just amazing. Helping your clients to stay in the comfort of their own home, taking them out for the day or just keeping them company & seeing them smile is just so rewarding! Being a hairdresser to and able to do their hair at home just makes me so happy to make them feel good about themselves. Kemble as an employer have and still are incredibly caring , understanding and helpful , They are always there when you need them. I have 2 young children and we both work around the family . It’s very flexible and there is always plenty of extra work to pick up if you needed . The training we receive is very professional and understanding. Not being in care before , I felt very confident in going out and getting on with my duties. Honestly, I have never loved my work like i do now, it really is like having one big family, being known as not ‘ Just a carer‘ is all I need to hear from my lovely clients :)

A workplace where you'll be valued

This is a lovely place to work. The staff, from CEO to office, are kind and supportive and want you to succeed, and they give you all the help you'll need to do that, including the excellent and thorough training. Your manager will put a lot of effort into matching you up with your clients and you will, all being well, experience a high level of satisfaction in this job. Well worth giving a go - I recommend.

Pros

High degree of personal satisfaction

Cons

The pay in Care isn't great.

Rude and Uncaring Staff. Unprofessional.

Extremely unprofessional and the management team has favourites. Safeguarding concerns are not taken seriously, and are also not kept confidential. The management are rude, and uncaring. Absolutely disgusting and if I had the time or energy I would sue.

Pros

Alcohol consumed on shift

Cons

Rude staff, laziness

A fast paced and friendly environment

Kemble at Home have been wonderful in helping me settle in and accommodating my other commitments. I really enjoy working for this company as the staff are friendly and always happy to help. The training I received was of a high standard and gave me confidence when I started the job. My favourite part of this job is meeting new clients as well as visiting the usual clients I see every week. You really get to know the clients and build a positive relationship with them. I would recommend Kemble to anyone who is interested in working in social care.

Pros

Meeting a variety of clients

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Best company I have ever worked for.

I have worked at Kemble at Home for almost 5.5 years and it is without doubt the best company that I have ever worked for. The business is still owned by the same family who set it up and it does feel just like a big family. There is a relaxed culture and as colleagues we all help each other and support each other in so many ways. There is no micro-management and if you have an idea you are always listened to and encouraged. There is no barrier between levels of management, we are all made to feel as equal and as important as anybody else. I feel extremely lucky to work for Kemble at Home and I don't have a bad word to say about this company.

Pros

Being able to have fun, being given the opportunity to shine and use your particular skills.

Cons

Not a single one.

Great team that values carers

I joined as a manager 18mths ago and have found Kemble a rewarding place to work. All the operational managers co-ordinating care started as carers with the company which is great. It means they really understand the carer's role, and also that there's a real chance to progress and develop your skills. There's a real sense of a team that includes the whole company, and carers are valued with their input on their clients being seen as important. The training for carers includes lots of practice scenarios which is so useful for anyone new to care, and new carers get a chance to meet clients and go through their routine with an experienced carer before having to 'go it alone'. The hours for carers can take a little time to build up, but you're able to set your hours around school drop offs and pick ups and get a choice over picking up extra calls. The length of time some carers have been with the company is probably the best testament, with a third having been here for 4+ yrs and a few heading towards 20 years!

Pros

Supportive colleagues

Supportive and Secure

I joined Kemble at Home, as i needed a flexible job due to small children. I felt welcome and supported straight away. The best training i have received to date which really equipped me to do my job well, since then i have been given the opportunity and support to progress to an Oncall Manager which i really enjoy as it gives me a challenge. I also work in the office. i started the job thinking it was a 'for now job' but i now have no plans on leaving any time soon. A great company.

Pros

supportive managers and good ethos.

Supportive; fun

I've worked for Kemble at Home for 9 years as a carer, since then I have worked my way up. It's a great place to work with supportive managers. It's also good to work for a company where progression is available for those that want it and they are very much for encouraging current staff to go for progression. The training is great and sets you up ready for work and they then shadow in to the clients you end up working with so the time you go to work with clients on your own you have met them and seen their routine a number of times which is reassuring. The pay is very good compared with other companies in the local area.

Pros

Excellent pay

Brilliant Company

I am always supported by a dedicated manager. Colleagues are fun. There is a really good atmosphere at the organisation and the culture is open and friendly.

Pros

Support from managers and colleagues

Cons

Work is around client needs, so can be changeable

Amateur Hour

Easily the worst company I’ve ever worked for. They claimed to support their carers yet the opposite was true. There was no support and communication was non existent. The management was usually off sick and when they wasn’t off sick they would hardly ever respond to calls or messages. The only thing this company understand was when a client threatened to take their business away. It’s all about the money and nothing to do with actual real care. The training was good.

Pros

Good job satisfaction.

Cons

management

A Great company to work for

Kemble at home are amazing to work for, they are very flexible, it works well for as I'm a single mum with 2 children. So understanding. Always there to help you.

Productive and fun place to work

Really enjoy working here. I feel valued and enjoy my job role. The company has a good ethos and put's is clients and employees first before all else. If you're looking for a job with a company who cares them Kemble are defiantly leading the way.

Avoid working at kemble

Working at Kemble was the worst experience of my life. The training you receive before going into placement is very informative but does not focus much on live in care more domiciliary. They need to give more information in training regarding live in carers as the training did not prepare me enough. Going into placement for someone that you had never cared for before was difficult because the management did not support at all. They would meet you there, show you around and leave. The management were unsupportive and made you feel worthless when you complained about feeling uncomfortable, yet in the interview they bang on about how supportive they are. All they care about is the money and it shows. It is a lot easier for them as they sit in the office all day. The live in care job is hard and challenging but once you have formed a bond with the client things get easier. Living away from home is hard but you do get time to see family and friends during the 3 hour break period.

Pros

3 hour breaks, decent pay

Cons

Lack of support

Management and area managers unapproachable

very understaffed, intimidated to fufill extra calls, calls taken because clients wonderful, evening and weekend work very hard to cover regular clients

Pros

understaffed

Cons

very well paid for sector, nice uniform

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kemble at Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Kemble at Home with

Kemble at Home reviews by location

Learn about Kemble at Home in popular locations

• Kemble at Home
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?