Kendal Nutricare Ltd

Kendal Nutricare Ltd Employee Reviews

Typically, 10+-hour day, with much deskwork but also with daily team-meetings (with 6-7 technicians); problem-solving (professional and personal); checking reports; chasing external work. Also significant pest-control.
The job itself is quite tedious and boring. Spend most of the time cleaning down, as production runs vary although are mainly on the small side. Any job here is insecure with terms of employment changing regularly to fit with the Directors increasingly wild demands. Mainly on the "save money" front.Over the last year, the turnover has been quite incredible, with redundancies, walkouts, instant resignations and everything in-between. My advice would be only to take a job here if you're really desperate and you aren't leaving a good secure job in the first place. Once in, you'll be left to your own devices to figure out how to operate machinery or do the actual job they want you to do as training doesn't really happen here...Due to the age of the building (and its location), animal pests are common within. Don't be surprised to see flying ants, rats and black bugs whilst on shift. Speaking of pests, every shift seems to contain a multitude of snitches so watch out.
Pros
Sizeable car park, shower facilities
Cons
Constant redundancies, job insecurity, animal pests, snitches, Director
the mood from the top down is just doom and gloom, ceo is erratic and unpleasant to most staff if he bothers to speak to them at all. No structure or direction for the company know clear plan no gratitude to staff, payrise and bonuses non existant
Cons
If you really need work and can find nothing else fine, it's money end of the day. The culture is strange, and demands placed Upon staff are unreasonable. Pay is basic, and 20% less than where it needs to be at least. They do like to "penny pinch'". Management is all over the place and what the owner says goes. However, the owner can't actually make his mind up half of the time when he is not being nasty that is. Location is wonderful, surround by green fields and hills.
Pros
Cons
Making products for kids of a reasonable quality
Friendly and commited staff team, everyone really helps each other out and has everyones back. Management are all long serving and knowledgeable and team leaders are all approachable and friendly as well.
The company has no sense of itself. Zero organization, terrible communication, no real direction, zero training, safety is largely irrelevant, production is everything, building needs serious investment, huge staff turnover rates, nobody really knows their jobs as they are all doing 3-4 people's jobs to save wage costs, numerous pest issues - rats/insects, terrible management, constant job redundancies with little/zero notice/reasoning for the people affected. Glad to have finished. The only decent thing I can think of, is the workforce are all good people who will try their best to help you - even if neither of you are entirely sure what it is that you're actually supposed to be doing as nobody has ever shown you how to do the job. Usually you are left to figure it out how all the machines work by yourself, once you figure it out via trial & error you can then consider yourself fully trained & will probably be training 2-3 new people within the next month as people will probably be leaving through no fault of their own. All in all - if you absolutely HAVE to work somewhere then work here, if there is ANY other job opportunity available then I'd strongly suggest taking the other job. The sad part is that it did used to be a very nice place to work, can't see it staying open much longer.
This is a happy place to work; with a can do attitude you can enjoy additional day to day activities in a competitive up and coming Factory. This is a great place to learn and develop your skills when you show initiative as become more involved in the company infrastructure. Managerial practice is flexible and understanding; firm but fair when required. I believe opening your mind to other activities can be quite challenging; though this is required in order to keep improvement and productivity. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is part of the same team no one individual is a number. This means that people of all positions happily converse with the owner and management; as all people's ideas are important.
Having worked at Kendal Nutricare for approaching 5 years, I have had a great training both on the job, and through the experience the team members hold. I find the role I do varied and each day brings a different challenge. I’d recommend Nutricare as a workplace as there’s plenty of opportunity to learn new aspects of the job and a good friendly workforce help make the shifts go along.
Bardzo zły interes, dla którego warto pracować. Ten biznes nigdy nie płaci ludziom odpowiedniej płacy. To zdezorganizowany i źle zarządzany biznes. Pracowałem tutaj przez cztery lata, a kierownik zostawił mnie bez pracy! Bez pracy! Niezapłacone wynagrodzenie! Byłem lojalny i działałem dobrze, ale ten biznes czyni mnie zbędnym. Nie znajdź tu pracy, są złe.
Cost cutting on some areas, ridiculous spending in others. Working here became quite miserable, colleagues are ok but general atmosphere of doom everywhere. Lots of snitches. Not a good place to work.
I really enjoyed my time working at Kendal Nutricare If I was not moving home I never would have left. I would highly recommend a career here. Lots of exciting opportunities as well.
Very good job it's what I liked doing flexible hours good rate of pay very clean and tidy work area good team players good roles on the job and manual handling
Pros
Good pay