Kennedys logo
Kennedys

Kennedys Employee Reviews

Great work life balance for non-fee earners

Nice place to work. Good London location. Good work life balance - wfh 1 day a week. However pay wasn’t great for support staff and we didn’t get bonus’

Pros

Free breakfast - toast and fruit

Cons

Salary wasn’t great

Avoid

Where do I start? I began working at Kennedys in June 2019, I was a confident young woman with a version to move up in a company I was so excited to join, with global aspects and great values. HOW I WAS WRONG! There management goes against every single one of their values. The team were made aware that I had a learning difficulty (dyslexia). However, this is not something which stops me as a very determined individual with a great academic record. Within my first week I was told that the workload would be easy and light to get used to the pace, I was used to this having worked in retail and dealing with 20 plus customers each day. How I was wrong, I was loaded with an uncontrollable amount of work from contracts, to job postings. We had a small manual which did not always help with work we were asked to do. As a new team member getting used to the systems it often meant the amount of work way overloaded the amount of time in the day. Although your contract says you are entitled to overtime it is a lie - they like to keep their budget low for admins at least. My horrors continued with my first few weeks I remember sitting at a desk next to my superior who was on the phone to the person who had set me some work, whilst next to me they were discussing my work together which was not in the nicest manner. Therefore, the overall team, but not all were highly unapproachable most of the times anything said in confidence was spread around the team. Furthermore, the team was incredibly ‘clicky’ amongst advisors and managers, if you are an admin you might aswell be dirt on their shoe, -

Be careful

HR director is ruthless. Approach with care, lots of backstabbing. They treat diversity as a statistic that they are well aware they need to meet targets for and will employ people based on the numbers/areas they need to improve on in order to show they are "Diverse". The HR Director loves a 'token' employee!

Pros

Local

Cons

Hideous backstabbing

Stay away

there are some nice people here,but if you are un lucky enough that your face doesnt fit, you have been warned. Got a feeling my face didnt fit after a while but was nade to feel like i part if a team at the same time team

Pros

some nice people

Cons

everything else

Underpaid, excessive targets, no support

Poor salary in comparison to the billing targets you are given. No team support. Stressful environment . There was good benefits, good pension free lunch etc.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Excessive targerts

Friendly collaborative and busy!

Kennedys downfall is their lack of support from head office, up to date technology and slow to act on decisions made. If you are not in a management position this is a great place to work. Friendly teams, supportive and resourceful. It is a very busy office but each team supports the other proactively. Partners to support staff are all lovely.

Great Location

Learned about the SRA rules and regulations A typical day in the life of a Legal Cashier was extremely busy, ensuring that you adhered to your roles and responsibilties to ensure that your daily duties were completed to the best of your ability.

Typical legal partnership

Fee driven legal firm, growing a bit to fast vs capacity / capability. Some areas very focused on themselves vs firm as a whole . Technology and finance areas a bit overwhealmed

Pros

Good office location

Cons

No structure

Terrible workplace

I was advised training would last 3 months. The only person who could do the job at the time broke his ankle and was off within the first 2 weeks. I was making errors and nobody corrected me. Fast forward the 3rd month as he came back I was dismissed. I strongly recommend you avoid Kennedys

Pros

Great coffee machine

Cons

Almost everything

High workload, little direction or feed back.

Large backlog of work to clear, with minimum training, and little direction. Largely left to one's own devices with very little feedback, either positive or negative.

Jobs at Kennedys

See more jobs

Was Made redundant

This was a lovely firm with great people. They moved the whole of the accounts team to Chelmsford, which was not a moved I could make,, Had they kept finance in london I would still be there today

Good working atmosphere, friendly staff

Nice environment to work in, staff are friendly and helpful. My Line Manager was approachable and would listen to any input to improve the job. The only downside to my role was there was some heavy lifting and moving of. furniture

Pros

pleasant working conditions

Cons

some heavy lifting

Productive Place to work where you are always learing

I learned a lot in this workplace and there were plenty of opportunities to give ideas to improve. There was never a dull day and management were very supportive.

It is a productive and fun workplace to work in.

It is a productive and fun workplace to work in, and would highly recommend the company to those looking for work and with the right qualifications.

Productive, fast-paced

Lack of supervision and guidance from partners towards juniors

A lovely firm to work for

Down to earth and honest approach - what you see is what you get. Kennedys folk are all so friendly and helpful. Tip-top IT trainers - I learned so much - thank you.

Pros

Free toast and fruit in the mornings, great perks, fabulous office location.

Cons

Niggly IT problems but IT support generally very good.

Busy law firm with demanding clients. Deadline critical

I ran the printroom for one of the top 30 law firms in the country. Myself and a small team looked after the firm of around 600 employees with a emphasis on quality and to meet tight deadlines. I added to my IT skills thughout my time there as they offered lots of training, Good management team to support me and overall a good team to work with although we all have our ups and downs. I enjoyed my time at the firm but have chosen to move away from London to be closer to my family.

Pros

Monthly staff drinks

Cons

Demanding clients

Friendly and co-operative environment

I was employed by Kenndys on fixed-term contract to carry out a particular project that made use of my expertise and also general knowledge. The project was based at a warehouse in Bow. London E3. From time to time, I was asked to visit the City office and assist my Records colleagues in day-to-day routine. That also meant visiting Regional offices such as Maidstone and Belfast where my travel and accommodation requirements were all arranged beforehand with admirable efficiency.I found Kennedys an exemplary company to work for. There was some contact with management when working at City office, because one of my tasks was to deal with the storage of partnership documents and Human Resources records. Over the years I have learnt diplomacy: the art of 'give and take'; I had a good working relationship with management, the partnership and with Records colleagues. The contract, which had already been renewed once, had to come to an end solely for financial reasons.Whether working as part of a team or on my own, I am able to adapt to circumstances; for the actual project I worked alone and unsupervised, using Excel spreadsheets to communicate with the office daily. My advantage was that I had worked on a full-time basis for Kennedys before,and had even worked with the same Records Manager both there and at Kendall Freeman my previous employer. So I am familiar with office practice and have considerable working knowledge of law which expanded as a result of my recent contract work. In my opinion this was assisted by the experience gained by working away from Records for a time. -

Pros

monthly social get-togethers, good managerial back-up, pleasant modern building, clean shower and toliet facilities, good catering facilities, pleasant eating area, extensive panorama over london from the building.

Cons

much daily travel (zone 6 to zone 1), having to provide own uniform, noisy working environment at city office, lack of control over air conditioning, too much time spent on feet.