KENT COLLEGE

KENT COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Excellent school. The staff and students are all very friendly. The sports department is a well run and enjoyable work environment. The facilities are excellent
Lovely nursery staff and children. Culture was extremely negative, controlling and critical, to the point of bullying. Very unprofessional and unpleasant management style from the deputy and manager which lead to poor staff morale. High turn over of staff due to unpleasant working environment. Poor, child initiated activities, observations mainly taken from adult lead activities, so rarely child lead, with extremely low level of learning. Inconsistent behaviour management which lead to children being treated differently which would upset staff and be confusing for children. This caused some children to behave poorly. Very good food and hygiene polices with healthy good food. Good handover to parents, however, could very chaotic.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
I volunteered in their old school archive, and found the work there interesting and diverse. I only had to stop as my studies were taking too much of my time.
I was made to feel really comfortable and welcome on my first day and throughout the time i was there. Everything about the job role was very clear and always help from staff when needed.