Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

I found working within my team with a responsive line manager, reignited my love for nursing.Over the course of 3yrs I watched the decimation of our team with increased workloads, as difficult to recruit to positions remained unfilled.Lack of flexible working and divisive management communication, poor work life balance caused me to resign. I loved my job!
Pros
Supportive grass roots team members
Cons
Not listened to by management. Divisive culture disregard for employee wellbeing.
Home with support is a friendly team to work with. I joined just before the covid 19 pandemic and despite it being a trying time, everyone pulled together. Lone working can be difficult and lonely at times but every other carer I met when doing double handed visits was friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lone working/ lack of interaction with management
Micromanagement and anxiety. Managers are anxious and this leads to the creation of anxious employees.Unless you get everything correct the first one or two times, you are made to feel pretty bad at your job.Would recommend this company if you have 5-10 years of experience at least, and are thick-skinned.
Pros
Good pay and travel claims. Management are very academic and know their stuff
Cons
It feels as though it it company targets over employee well being (throughout all of the hierarchy)
Loved working for my team as they were friendly and supportive. Pressure from powers above ruined staff morale, they chop and change the service to the point where staff are so unsure and worried they are not following guidelines correctly.
Pros
fun teams
Cons
no respect from higher powers
I thoroughly loved my role and the team there are supportive and helpful. I only moved due to relocating back to London. Would recommend working for this company.
At first I thought it was a good job or career move then I started to see the backstabbing two faced side of some colleague's and that was the end of that but I did learn a lot and enjoyed the induction training
The people there were friendly, supportive and helpful. The work in the procurement department was varied and interesting. I would recommend this for people who are interested in learning more about how foundation trusts deliver their services as well as people with an interest in supply chain work.
Great skill gained for CIS. Typical day started with checking my email and check rota to see what my job will be for the day. I covered posts such as answering the phone to our users who needed either password resets or amending a consultation. Also created templates for clinicians to be added to the systems. I enjoyed learning a new system and gaining new skills.
I had a high case load and developed anxiety and stress. I was then bullied by a band 4 and a band 5.
Pros
Cons
High caseload numbers. Bullying tolerated by manager
Management are bullies and just make life difficult for those that challenge or question. Staff are not given the opportunities to contribute just dictated to. Promotional opportunities are on a ‘face fits basis’. Corrupt behaviour goes all the way to the top.
Pros
Local
Jobs at Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust
See more jobs
No recognition Managers bully you and own manager doesn’t back you up No input or choice when it comes to restructures in the organisation Felt depressed when working here
Cons
Long hours. No recognition or thanks.
Over the last couple of years there has been an enormous culture change within the trust. From the very top down, through all management layers. It is now very supportive and encouraging to staff. Engagement with staff has increased with lots of listening exercises with open feedback from these given to all staff. The trust has made changes to wellbeing provisions for staff. Very friendly, warm and welcoming environment. Managers are accessible, listen and respect your opinions. The workload is busy as with all NHS services but there is a strong emphasis on safe effective practice, with competent staff that are well trained.
Pros
Great teams, supportive environment, caring attitude, welcoming, opportunities to develope, well organised
Cons
recruiting enough skilled staff into posts
I have worked for KCHFT since 2014, and I have worked in the NHS since 2001. I can honestly say that they have been a very supportive trust. I have worked at two different locations at the trust, and they have both been highly supportive, flexible and allowed me to develop as a therapist. The trust is slightly driven by figures and how many patients you are seeing, but this is the general culture within the NHS at present. I have been allowed to attend CPD courses that met the needs of personal development. My managers have been nothing but supportive and friendly, through professional and personal life changes. I am only leaving the trust as there are not any roles allowing me to progress my career at present. If there had been the role I would have stayed.
Pros
Supportive managers, CPD opportunities
Cons
sometimes lots of mileage if you cover a large rural area.
Work flexibility is the best but moving from one band to a higher one is almost impossible if you are a minority, this is the only work place I have ever seen where an apprentice was given a job that they believed trainer was not qualified for.
I learned a lot of new skills as this was my first job. I learnt to be adaptable and to balance different tasks and to prioritise. The management were nice people and the culture was good. There were some challenging customers to deal with at times, so being professional and showing good tolerance skills were important.
I loved my job and the patients, it was some of the staff that got me down. We work the hardest physically and are paid the least. We might not be nurses but we are always on the front line in care, we are seldom the ones who are thanked and rarely acknowledged by some of the senior staff. We are the staff with the patients 24/7,we change beds,clean up bodily fluids, cleaning commodes on a loop. A lot of the staff nurses work really hard and work with us as a team. But there’s always some that make it hard work as they are not team workers or leaders. We have a lot of responsibility now it’s not as it used to be. There is a culture where I worked called, mixed ability putting the weak with the strong, this was a complete nightmare if your a good worker your constantly worn out by the end of the shift, while your colleague could go on for ever. There has been many management changes, within a short period of time, this not giving consistency. After all this said the job can be at times very rewarding.
Pros
lovely patients
Cons
Rotas
If your face fits you are ok ,if you abide by the rules and a loyal, self motivated person,not the job for you. The charge hand, and supervisor have their favourites, on the up side there is a supervisor on site ,who is in control of a portion of falicities ,who is a fair, impartial individual person who will do their best to help, in any situation,most of us will ask this person to help us ,the job it’s self is great, be aware of of not so nice fellow workers who would make trouble.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Beware, some nasty co workers
Not been in this job long but can honestly say that most of the team are friendly, the new charge hand seems to have things under control, or at least is trying, he helps with any issues or queries Staff have, he will always try and accommodate the staffs needs - ie childcare, he isn’t our supervisor but we all choose to go to him for support and help as he deals with it there and then, he has also acknowledged our hard work which means a lot when the team is understaffed.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Some of the nursing staff are not very friendly!
Awful trust to work for, big blame culture and bullying from management. No one listens to your views. If you express an opinion you will be bullied out. Directors and managers do not care about staff just saving their own backs. Also discriminate against part time staff, I have seen staff dismissed because they work part time and if you dare to express an opinion different from a manager you will be made to leave. Claim to want you to speak out and improve trust but if you do you will be blamed and disciplined or performance manageres. Do not work here it will destroy you.
Pros
Cons
Blame culture. Directors do not care
Before my disastrous decision to resign, I had the pleasure of working within the Community Chronic Pain Service’s administration team as an apprentice. In spite of being a complete pain in the backside, they were extremely supportive of me in the workplace and I considered the morale amongst the team to be high. A great place to work.
Pros
Staff; Benefits; Facilities
Cons
I have recently left this Trust after starting in 1991! Lack of structured support for new employees. Increase in senior positions whilst closing band 5/6 vacancies, doing away with admin whilst expecting nurses to pick up the work. Admin tasks take much longer for the nurses putting more stress at patient contact level. Some amazing Nurses, HCA's and remaining admin who feel they are not able to provide the quality care they want to due to the pressure of reaching 'TARGETS' Registration risk. Lack of leadership. Access to leadership course was refused. Seeing colleague's on a daily basis stressed about being able to visit the patients every day. Definitely a blame culture. Have been lucky to have found a new job with everything opposite to the above. Management needs looking at! 😡
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to name