KENT COUNTY COUNCIL

KENT COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Working for KCC is very enjoyable. Everyone works as a team, and it has a great home/work balance. There is opportunity to progress if you apply for it. However, being in the public sector, salary is a little less than expected. No other financial benefits or rewards. No opportunity for pay rises.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
14 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to feedback and we are so glad that you enjoy the work/life balance as the wellbeing of our staff is really important to us. It is surprising to hear that you feel the financial aspects of our benefits are lacking, the contribution our employees make to the organisation is recognised and rewarded financially on an annual basis in our Total Contribution Pay process.
I started at KCC during the first lockdown in March, I was very worried about starting in a new role whilst working from home and without meeting my colleagues. However I found the team and organisation to be very supportive! I was able to settle in quickly, with the help of my allocated buddy and mentor and I feel I have been able to develop great relationships across the business despite only meeting people virtually!During my short time at KCC I have worked on a various projects and have been able to develop my knowledge and enhance my skill set in my field. I think the best thing about working at KCC is the variety in the work that you do which you wouldn't necessarily get at other organisations.
Pros
Flexible working, good work life balance, great pension and supportive management
12 January 2021
Thank you for a glowing review - we are pleased your experience of us as an employer is a positive one and you have felt supported by your colleagues and manager in your new role.
Poor upper management.Low level workers do majority of the important stuff and get paid pittance.Did not feel respected by senior colleagues. So many department realignments staff feel as if they are disposable.No opportunity to progress.
Pros
Work is so diverse you get what you can experience wise andmove on
Cons
Dont even provide refreshments to staff, no parking at any sites barely unless your managment (who usually remotely work anyways)
4 January 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are sorry your view is that there is some room for improvement but please be assured that we are listening.
Everything from the interview, through the training and the support received by my supervisorwas brilliant. An incredible team to work with, all the girls support eachother and are brilliant at their job!
Pros
Training, support and great team
Cons
Alot of driving
2 November 2020
It is lovely to hear of the great experience you have had, appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts.
Other members of my team are very supportive. The work is interesting and varied, and I am given the appropriate tools to carry out the job effectively.
Pros
Opportunities for career progression
14 September 2020
We appreciate your valuable feedback and are pleased you find the work interesting and varied whilst being supported at work.
I work within a function of truly knowledgable and credible professionals in my field. I have learnt so much and developed a good career with supportive team and managers. Benefits and pay is good for my level and profession, with added bonus of trust and flexibility in working which means I have a far better work life balance than I would anywhere else. The organisation has progressed so much in recent years to a much more commercially-minded organisation, and welcomes innovation. It is truly an interesting place to work, with appropriate level of job challenge.
Pros
Good work-life balance, good annual leave entitlement, supportive environment, career opportunities
Cons
Governance/Decision-making can be slow
14 September 2020
Your feedback is appreciated and we are glad that you have been able to find so many positives in working for the organisation, thank you.
I'm not interested in writing a review There is no typical day I learn in whatever I do my managers are good We are all supportive of each other Answering unnecessary questions
14 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a star rating and it is good to hear that you have support and new learning.
i have worked for them since 2009 they have good points and bad points and feel they need to train the management on people skills a bit more and they would do well if they provide a new manager in a setting with a manager that is trianed in the role to the correct level and not just someone to fill the space.
13 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. It is great to hear you see our good points and we always welcome constructive feedback too. Every manager at KCC completes our 'Kent Manager' training programme, so please rest assured that they are all fully trained for the role.
would not recommend working for KCC as their management interpretation of procedures is not as they are written. Low morale amongst team members and not easy to approach management over important issues.
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
unfairly treated by management
13 October 2020
Management is poor with a strong lack of planning. Whilst understanding of work/life balance is afforded to all employees and the ability to work from home is provided, the support in work activities is severely lacking and management consistently get team structures wrong.
I worked at KCC in what l thought was the public sector, but after being touped over to another company it smore like the private sector. The work is more or less the same if your face fits, or if you can perhaps sleep with your boss. Best to just leave and go look for a better job .
This is a good work place to learn in depth knowledge about developmental stages of children and how to support children who are non-verbal to learn new skills.
Suck up to managers and you’ll get to be one yourself. Flirt with elderly male Council Members (if you’re female) - and you’ll do just fine. A Commissioning Manager proudly announced to staff that she wears short skirts and high heels to meet Members ‘because they expect it’. An unsupportive, bullying environment with no care or concern about the high staff turnover at officer level. Getting out was the best career move I ever made!
Although the management and processing within departments are truly well planned There are many factors of the team that seem to be catty towards each other, in regards to the females which affect the work rate and emotions of those within the radius, as a male I was a victim of this in a sense.
Supportive management with the same policies across all departments. Training opportunities and 360 degree reviews. Limited parking provided but friendly offices, usually within easy public transport links.
I work as a Cycling Instructor so am mostly independent.Best part of the job is working with Children.Worst part of the job is dealing with the weather.
Varied each day, customers would some times come in for advice , very rewarding when you could help them get a positive outcome . My work colleagues were great to work with.
Kent County Council was a pleasure to work at during my placement there. The team I worked with were very friendly and there was really a team spirit.
It’s a nice place to work and most of the people are good but the wages are horrendous and there is not much chance for advancement, management make promises but never fulfill them.
Great place to work, the people there are friendly. Though, sometimes challenging but the colleagues are ready to help you with anything that seem difficult.
Good experience and lovely people to work with , no stress even in busy times , everyone is very helpful, always new things to learn.....