Keoghs

Keoghs Employee Reviews

Avoid keoghs conveyancing

Absolutely TERRIBLE. Fake promises...no training...favouritism...No pay rise....Terrible atmosphere. ..TERRIBLE WAGE.I was employed at keoghs (conveyancing dept) hated every second of it. Management had their favourites. Made false promises but did not deliver. No training. AVOID THIS FIRM. THEY MAKE IT SOUND AND LOOK SO GOOD UNTILL UR "ON THE TEAM"

Fun workplace

Lovely Staff to work with. Quite a relaxed environment with a nice area to work in. The pay for fair and I enjoyed my time working here. I would recommend working here.

Just started recently and going to leave

Really boring place to work. Dont understand what my manager says Pay is not worth the work done. I am hopefully going to leave. Avoid this place

Big thumbs down!

I worked here for 2 years and can honestly say I have never been more happy to leave a place of work! Unrealistic work goals, long hours, pushy management and micro managing. I even had toilet breaks monitored! Favouritism is rampant in this company, if you don't suit your team leaders style then you get ignored, pressured and very little help!

I wouldn’t recommend

No training at all. I was getting told of by the partner out loud in front of everyone for every little mistake. She would humiliate me in front of the whole office, pull faces and puff. She made the work very stressful and she made it clear that she doesn’t like me.I would avoid this company. Their values mean nothing. I left after 2 months and it was the best decision ever. Avoid at all costs.

Great easy job for someone looking only for part time job or 2nd job for abit extra cash

I really enjoyed working here and most of the time I had a laugh with the other cleaners but after a few months of working there one of the other cleaners took a dislike to me and made my working life misserable. Management didn't really do anything to avoid this continuing and finally ended up leaving with and having HR do a disciplinary hearing regarding the issues. I hope that management have learnt from this is a better place to work

file opener

Was humilated belittled and everybody in the building knew about my situation unprofessional disgusting place to work unless family or you have hr as your bestie cant say this was living wage never wanted you to get on unless you were telling tales good luck everyone but my advise keep away.Sorry made redunant everybody knew before i do walked in monday morning the whole keoghs and bolton knew about it.

Pros

Cons

monday to friday

Would avoid at all costs

Horrendous place to work, had two pay reviews and had to take a pay cut when I moved to a new role as they would not let me take my pay rise with me. Only offered £15,500 salary which was horrendous. Pretty much shoved out of the door when I left, they don't care for staff at all. RTA department is horrible, no career advancement at all, worst place I have ever worked at

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Salary is minimum wage

Not a good working environment

Most employees hate their jobs and only work here because they have bills that need to be paid. Parking is £20 a month but is a 15 minute walk away from the office - there are no other car parks nearby and it always rains in Bolton so you’ll be cold and soaking wet by the time you arrive at your desk. If you take public transport, the train station is a 10/15 minute walk and most buses are a 25 minute walk. There’s no support from team leaders, you are expected to know what to do (you’re given hardly any training) and left to your own devices. I found the work environment to be patronising (especially when you’re new to the team) and if your manager doesn’t like the look of you for whatever reason you will literally get nowhere. Staff are very over worked, underpaid. On my team, a lot of employees were off long term sick with work related stress... in the 6 months I was on my team, around a third of the team had left the company.

Pros

Some nice people and casual dress code

Cons

Most employees are miserable, all staff are overworked, no opportunities to develop, unsupportive managers, pretty much a minimum wage

Soul Crushing

Keoghs is the bottom rung on your career ladder. Expecting anything more will only lead to disappointment and misery. I was there for 3yrs from university, and leaving was the best thing I ever did. The pay is terrible, development opportunities non-existent and the firm structure designed to keep as many people “in their place” as possible. Experience and expertise is sacrificed at the expense of “apprentices”, who are just people expected to carry out a full work load for half the money of full time staff. Not the place to build a career, just somewhere to treat as a stop gap whilst you look for an opportunity to join a company who puts the employee first...or even second or third.

Pros

Made great friends

Cons

Everything else.

Jobs at Keoghs

See more jobs

No development

All in all pretty awful place to work. The development they offer you in interview never materialises. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK. Management is only bothered about billable hours and nothing else. They purport to care about well-being but they really don't. Managers only listen to respond and not to understand. Expect you to work all hours under the sun and when you do, they will find any excuse not to pay you your bonus. Malicious Partners and arrogant team leaders. Oh and the pay is appalling. Well below industry standard. They say it is reviewed year on year and make you jump through hoops for a 1% pay rise. The place is a revolving door, people in and out. Great to get your foot on the carer ladder but do not plan on staying. Get your experience and get out. Parking is not free and you have to walk a mile to work (and across a dual carriageway). Always come up with excuses to stop you developing and earning more. Promise the world but do not deliver. Only work here if you literally have no other option or if you are happy to be a sheep.

Pros

Pay was always on time (bonus pay was not)

Cons

Managed by fools.

Horrendous

'paralegals' are actually admins 'litigation executives' are actually claims handlers literally dozens of different naming methods for the same admin job. even solicitors are not called associates without applying to be one which takes years and lots of references/experience and when you do it provides nothing but a badge so no pay increase pay is never increased on annual review- even if almost within reach of target never leeway and always find a way to not give it if do reach. pay is appalling in line with national averages based on number of cases handled and billable hours one has to achieve. billable hours impossible to achieve without working excessive hours beyond contracted and pinned to desk - are left exhausted and depressed by end of the week. forget lunch hour - have to eat at desk and work through and often no time to eat. constantly hounded about billable hours with no respite. not like a law firm more like an insurance company. the parking is not free. look at the reviews a cleaner gave it the highest. literally a revolving door of staff and lawyers. quickest left in two weeks due to stress. best day ever was day left.

Pros

Cons

too many to list

Avoid.

Only work for this company as a 'stop gap' to pay the bills until you can get something else. Minimum wage and people crying in the loos as they can't cope with the workload they are given. People being ridiculed at their desks if they make mistakes. People leave as quickly as they can. Some of the managers are ok but ours is rude to us and often has people in tears.

Pros

Cons

Low wage and huge work load.

Awful place to work

I worked here for 6 weeks, awful company and gang up mentality of management (the team I worked on did anyway) details given in the role and interview were incorrect and no adhered to, they use their “family values” to bully people who’s face doesn’t fit. I wouldn’t wish working in this place on my worst enemy. I had another manager comment on the way I was treated, as soon as they realised who was in charge of the situation they backed off and was told to stay away from me. Parking is miles away (interview is closer but once you get the job it’s a mile walk min and it always rains in Bolton) working hours are a joke for the work load given, no support given and you are not even allowed to talk to your colleagues without dirty looks and sligh comments. It’s worse than being in ‘that teachers class’ at school. If you are any kind of a nice outgoing person I would avoid this sole crushing place.

Pros

Free parking

It was okay

I enjoyed the people I worked with but my manager seemed to have issue's with me for reasons unknown. The pay was minimum wage which was okay, but other companies pay more for the same role

Enjoyable to work for

would love to stay working here, however I require full time work and a full time wage now that I have finished university.

Pros

Enjoyable work, Friendly team

Cons

Unsociable Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keoghs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9

2.0Job security/advancement

Keoghs Reviews by Location

• Keoghs
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?