Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust logo
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Mostly a good place to work.

A good, friendly place to work. Good for staff development. Could do with better staff amenities and car parking ability/cost. Good philosophy of CARE. Forward thinking.

Pros

A fair employer

Cons

Car parking

Always vacancies cause its terrible

Worse place I've ever worked! Induction is very promising but once you get into your department you soon realise what the say in induction is completely different to reality. Lots of patient safety concerns ignored, theres a definite shut up and get on with it culture, not to mention "dont rock the boat" attitude. If you have good patient compassion I would avoid this place or run the risk of having your compassion drilled out of you

good place to learn

i have learnt lots of different things while working at kettering general hospital and signs to look out for in patients. good staff to work with, always courses to go on to learn more

Place is corrupt too much favouritism .

The housekeeping department is run on the bases of who you know,if you are a supervisors neighbour or your dad a porter you are guaranteed a job no matter about experience or age .These people get away with leaving early if you are relate to the supervisor changing your hours etc. Supervisors bully people who are timid and their expectations of staff is unreal. They will not get off their backsides to help staff clean when they are on their own on a ward with 30patients plus toilets floors kitchen hanging curtains etc. Do not work here !!!!!

Cons

working for the NHS is rewarding

I enjoy working within the NHS. To me it gives me job satisfaction. I love knowing that I have assisted with patients care. Sometimes there is an endless amount of work waiting to be processed but it has to be done. The work is always going to have busy times and not so busy times but really that is what it is expected.

Unsupportive management. Who couldn't care a less about staff.

Worked for Trust for more than 20 years. Last few years been off sick, due to an attack. Ended up with mental health problems. Management and staff very unsupportive. Occupational health dr would not give his own opinions. Had roles changed from clinical to non clinical, no support from anywhere,including Union. Don't work here if you value your life and health. No prospect of climbing up ladder. All manergeral posts are "fixed". Lead nurses are useless as are human resources. Audits are "fixed". I mean it. Don't work for this company.

Pros

Holidays aren't bad.

Cons

No support, only half hour break on a 12.5 hour day, no break in office hours, no work ethos, unsuitable hours, not flexible, non friendly

Fantastic Place to work

Worked there for 6 months after qualifying. All staff are very supportive and friendly. Fantastic perceptorship programme. Theatre environment and management very supportive.

Pros

Supportive staff

Very bad environent

I worked in the housekeeping department for 4 and a half years.management terrible.supervising terrible.no appreciation or encouragement.favourutism a lot here.i was unfairly treated.and I was a committed worker.i strongly advice not to work here.

Nice

A nice place to start working but still needs a lot of improvement with the car parking service mainly for staff workers who do long hours or on call shifts

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Long hours.no coffee or tea offered to staff

Productive and busy places work

Busy place to work with plenty of movement to move up in the career ladder. Management are very helpful with all matters. Great people to work with and even with the seriously dreadful job there is plenty of time to get to know patients and their needs

Jobs at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

See more jobs

Stressful workplace

A typical day was stressful always running up to one month behind with clinic typing. Short staffed. A varied role there is ability to learn a tremendous amount of medical issues. Management and health professional not working together. Always working under pressure with no let up. Would not recommend a role here.

Pros

Cons

Overloaded with work

Compation and supportive

Kettering General Theatre was a very nice experience for me. As soon as I arrived the team was always supportive and helpful either with my vocabulary than with the hospital culture.

cleaning in own place in xray

I like having my own place to work But it was lonely as I didn't have a partner to work with and I had to do 6hours off cleaning but doing it slowly on the hours I was working I liked it but it wasn't my sort off thing

Pros

had my own lunch

Cons

10mins at break half hour at lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement