Kinex

Kinex Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

I have mixed feelings about this job. The managers are very nice. They are very good at motivating their workforce and the workplace is relatively fun. I was a good agent, not amazing. I was told I could 'do the job'. This was enough to be the last remaining member of my training group. They clearly have a very high labour turnover rate as they are training new people every week. I got offered a new job so I gave the required notice and was 'let go' the day after. I'm quite certain they are under no obligation to keep me around after my notice but If i'd have known it would be dealt with this way I wouldn't have bothered handing it in.
Pros
Nice managers. Fun workplace.
Cons
High labour turnover, don't get comfortable.
21 June 2019
Hi,We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.It is great to hear you had such a positive working relationship with your managers, and we are pleased you found the working environment enjoyable. However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience upon leaving Kinex.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you hard work and wish you well in the future.
Work is easy but is ran by stupid people. Also don't pay there staff can and will get fired with no warning and I say again they do not pay you.......
2 March 2020
We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.
Early start, a few breaks which is good but the level of stress and pressure they put on you to make these appointments are ridiculous. Trying to deal with angry clients down the phone who shout/scream/swear at you is difficult. Not a job for everyone, takes a special kind of person.
30 January 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review,We are sorry you didn't have a more enjoyable time with us at KinexWe would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Job was not too bad for those who can easily adapt and like a "knobhead" type of person. The manager is nice but that's about all I can say for positives. Training is 3 hours max and there's no time to actually learn the job before you're thrown in the deep end. There is a strong chance you will be sacked after 4 days like I was if you don't get 3 appointments in 4 days. Do not be fooled this is much hardest than it sounds
22 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working for us here at Kinex. Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported. We apolgise if you didn't experience this to its full potential.
You're never left alone & definitely have a support group around. I found the team to be everything I needed to get through certain moments. But you have to have the right mentality when entering this job. Don't be mislead by the laughs, this is a job that demands you to uphold a level of excellence. In the end I loved it and you would too.
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here with us. Keep up the great work! :)
The ‘training’ was a joke. A few hours in the room not explaining what products we were to try and advertise and sell but rather how to “trick” (managers exact words) people into agreeing to appointments. I found that to be very concerning. On the phones, targets are not unrealistic however, when the managers are shouting, swearing and throwing things around the office it is offputting to porter sim clients. No guidance is given whilst in the phone’s, customers have asked not to be contacted to which managers laugh and put them down for a call back!!! Hours are long, 75 minutes a day unpaid breaks. Wouldn’t go back.
I would advise nobody to work here. It is all a scam. You will be on the phone to customers and managers would be shouting in the back which puts the customers of and put the phone down. No proffessionalism, having favourites, don't know how to handle situations. Everything that is said is a lie. Employees do more work while managers have less to do. No training is given. ghaf
29 August 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager. We wish you all the best for the future.Kind Regards, Kinex
Best management in nottingham So down to earth and supportive. Fun and bubbly environment and staff are amazing. Wouldn't ask for a better work place x
11 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with Kinex, and have such a positive working relationship with your management teamKeep up the great work :)
I’m absolutely shocked at the way they run the place I only joined a couple of weeks ago and seen so many people get sacked then asked to come back something questionable seems to be going on with staff turnover situations like this are usually for tax purposes one lad get sacked for the sales agents not selling I don’t see how this is his fault as we only book an appointment to be vetted by the manager the lads missed sales was all because the company couldn’t offer any savings or the contract was too long to be bought out this is what the vetting process is for so it seems people are getting sacked just for the days numbers being up and not being vetted properly this is also the most childish place I’ve ever worked playing silly games ridiculous motivation speeches making us think we’re lucky to have the job I’m glad to be out of there as it seems we’re being set up to be sacked just to make the numbers look good
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
vey Unprofessional childish place to work
15 May 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Wasn't even here a week. Managers have unrealistic expectations of you. Each day you're expected to make at least 3 appointments; this is impossible because most businesses don't really want to be harassed whilst they're trying to run the business. You're expected to call 200 people (businesses) a day, make 3+ appointments and to stand up whilst being on the phone to every one of the potential customers. There will be new people starting every other day and the training is minimal. The managers discuss amongst themselves who will be the first to leave and the longest to stay. This is absolute discrimination towards employees before they've even started. Overall if you like calling and harassing people then this is the job for you! If you like childish management, then this is the job for you!
Pros
6pm finishes
Cons
Everything Else
9 April 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Sales Assistant, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.