Kinex
Kinex Employee Review

better off being a road sweeper

11 March 2019
such a horrible place to work, they make it sound all nice when advertising the job and then when you actually start working here you realise that this company is a scam. They recruit anyone and everyone and don't care if you have sales experience or not but regardless, you will be sacked within 3 months, period. A lot of people don't even make it after their first week, and they do this because they make you work your bottom off and then sack you. They keep all your commission that YOU have made, but they lied to us on every payday and told us that we will get our commission on our next pay, so we could stay for the 3 month period. Every pay, we were getting under the basic salary they said we would get, bearing in mind making at least £700 commission within the 3 months and they took it all for themselves. One person worked so hard and earned £500 in one deal and they never seen more than £10 commission. The 3 months i was there they recruited around 40 people and in that time they ALL got sacked from their 1st week up until their 8th week. The management are unprofessional and topics would get out of hand. Some mornings they made us come in earlier than our 8:30 start by mentioning it in the work group chat the night before just for a stupid "important meeting" that was nothing but pointless and time wasting. One woman even walked out during her interview because she saw how unprofessional the management was. On your first day they put you straight onto the phones without training or help. It's not a team, it's independent work. They give you the same data they have been - more...
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
the employees - if it wasn't for them i would have left in the second week
Cons
rubbish management, don't pay you, make you work so hard for such long hours for nothing
21 March 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working at Kinex. We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further. We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family. We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager. We wish you all the best for the future.Kind Regards, Kinex
5 June 2020
Same roleSame location
Telesales (Former Employee) - Birmingham, West Midlands
I worked for them for about 2 months if you don't bookin the first 3 days yor out, Mangagers are a complete joke not one could run a company if they tried, Plus your on cctv being watched, AVOID BIRMINGHAM OFFICE bunch of idots
24 August 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review,We are sorry you didn't have a more enjoyable time with us at KinexWe would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
20 March 2020
Same role
Telesales agent (Former Employee) - Milton Keynes
Morning comes you speak about your evenings the previous night before. then play office games, this is pretty cool but if you dont make appointments by certain times of the day you're forced to stand until you do so don't wear heels. last hour of the day again you're forced to stand they like to call this "power hour" to make sure you're completely 'on the ball' it's a negative environment. They don't listen in your interviews so if you have holidays booked you should remind them all the time as they forget and then have ago at you for having a holiday booked before you get there. I had a family emergency the office manager allowed the entire office to take the P*** out of me for my family emergency and that it resulted in me not going on holiday. overall avoid like the plague.
27 March 2020
19 November 2019
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Birmingham, West Midlands
You're never left alone & definitely have a support group around. I found the team to be everything I needed to get through certain moments. But you have to have the right mentality when entering this job. Don't be mislead by the laughs, this is a job that demands you to uphold a level of excellence. In the end I loved it and you would too.
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here with us. Keep up the great work! :)
  1. better off being a road sweeper