Kinex

1.0Job security/advancement
22 August 2018
Same role
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) - United Kingdom
A typical day for a field-sales representative is attending about 5 appointments, normally about 20-30 miles apart, so prepare to drive for a lot of the day. These appointments are generally well planned and viable, so closing deals from them is certainly possible. Once you understand the steps to the sale and accept the fact that it is a hard-sell most of the time, there are very few surprises. As far as the pay goes, it's misleading to new applicants due to the fact that there are many potential chances to actually lose out on your commission; but in fairness if you take the time to read the details there are no lies there, only a slight slant on the truth (which is the role of a salesman in a nutshell). Despite this, once you have the experience in the role it's more than possible to make a reasonable income from this position, and management ( in my experience) are often supportive and encouraging throughout the process. It's hard to tell from the field sale rep role, but the telesales team appear to have a reasonably high turn-over of staff, presumably this is largely down to the fact that their job is not an easy one, and is faced regularly with rejection. This is probably just due to the fact that it's cold-calling, and not everyone understands how much rejection that entails. Still, I personally have a high number of appointments that the telesales team create that are more than viable to close deals from, so clearly the steps to the sale on their end work. The worst part about the job is the fact that there isn't a basic salary attached- meaning that ( - more...
Pros
Driven staff and management; great pay; enjoyable work.
Cons
Misleading commission structure to newcomers; high staff turnover for the telesales team.
13 September 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're glad you are happy with the number and quality of appointments you receive. It's great to have a detailed review of the role from a field sales advisor as we understand it can be a challenging but rewarding role. We really appreciate all your hard work!
26 February 2020
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Work is easy but is ran by stupid people. Also don't pay there staff can and will get fired with no warning and I say again they do not pay you.......
2 March 2020
We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.
31 January 2020
Same location
Telesales (Current Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Best place I have worked the hours are the best you could ask for No awkward shifts you know your shifts 5 days a week all weekends off to yourself and finish time is my favourite part Management at Nottingham is the best you are treated like one of the team from the start and helped through out the stages of employment I would 100% recommend to work here the team is one massive family such a lovely environment to work in
Pros
Good management and sociable hours great commission
2 March 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here with us. Keep up the great work! :)