King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

United Kingdom52 reviews

Insights into King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job

At Kings you're guaranteed to learn new skills on a regular basics. There's always something going on so you will be forced to work under pressure even if you don't want to but personally that helped me to become more efficient.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Pay could be better a little

Reawrding

Working here at kings is very rewarding. Staff and patients all multicultural - pulling weight to make it work. Very very busy but its rewarding . Working life balance is okay ifyou make it.

Pros

Working - staff amazing people

Cons

Long hours, not great pay for london

Excellent and progressive

I am only very happy to recommend this trust having worked in several other trusts in London. They are progressive and opportunities are available for career progression

Fast pace that is demanding incongruent to their staff ratios. They expect to do more with a few heads.

Poorly managed. Not uniform with other areas. Other areas are managed well, like their staff rooms, no designated sleeping quarters for night staff compared to other trusts, some are just physically there but not doing the work. Poor when it comes to resolution and solving root cause of the problems (e.g. infection control, broken communication with staff, etc.).Resources are being wasted.

Pros

Supportive when it comes to staff problems

Cons

Poor solutions with staff problems Slow in finding solutions

Fast paced and stressful.

Busy, but can be very rewarding. There is flexible working options but most likely will not be granted, unless childcare or medical reasons. There is no flexibility on how to work. A lot of my work is admin based, yet I am not allowed to work from home even for 1 day.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Long hours, stressful, negative environment

Ok place to work

An ok place to work, some very good clinicians. International reputation within the clinical field. Not much chance or progression if your face does not fit

Pros

Some colleagues

Cons

Some colleagues

Great place to learn, teaching quality excellent

A really good place to learn and be familiar with the latest evidence based practice. Technology in health really good, safety is a priority. If you want to learn and put in practice your nursing skills supported by technology and autonomy Kings is the right place to be. Nursing in Kings is tough job but people and your colleagues make everything easier. Not everyone will be a sweet candy as in any other job. I found working for Kings College as the best experience I had in nursing. Please apply do not hesitate to gain the experience to work for one of the best Hospitals in London.

Pros

learning, training, nursing skills, Technology, people, values

Cons

shortage in nursing workfoce, move to other wards constantly

Stressful & difficult workplace

Working in Therapies team spread very thinly across two wards which were complex no support from Managers. Just told to get on with it. Lack of communication. From all sites. Rubbish patient pathway no organisation.

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

Relentless shifts especially at weekends

Cliquey, people qualified with poor knowledge base and skill set. Unprofessional management and team leaders.

Cliquey, there are qualified people with poor knowledge base and skill set. Unprofessional management and team leaders. Alot of covering up of situations that should be reported in addition to being ignored when raising complaints. Senior staff consistently burdening others with an overload of tasks/ jobs that are not in their job description. Dismissive and inappropriate behaviour. Staff are not treated fairly. The concern for the Health care status of staff members is absent.

Pros

there may be departments that do up hold correct standards policies & procedures, convenient area for transport & eating facilities, Opportunity for one to experience different aspects of health care

Very professional

Very professional and staff cooperation was very good but I got this job immediately I had my phd .the set up is very organised and friendly atmosphere

Pros

Discount lunch

Cons

Stressfull and very badly managed

Stressfull and bully workplace. Management is very poor and inefficient.Huge lack of opportunities.Staff is poorly supported. Badly organized.No staff rest areas.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

No staff rest areas

Fun productive

Loved it there learnt a lot of transferable skills build up my confidence in dental nursing m, typical day you change into uniform sign in and go to allocated department and start your day.Management there to guide you also have classroom days as well as practical learning

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

No jobs after training

All medical staff was great to work with was fun to work there hours was god but could have been more flexible some mangers was above their station and the power went to their heads other than it was a great place to work

Stressful work environment

Bad culture among exec team, stressful working environment at lower band levels staff not collaborative colleagues unhappy and strong bullying culture quite hard to cope.

Pros

If you have a child nursery in the site available

Cons

The work place, environment and bad culture allowing for bullying behaviour

Loved it! Would go back tomorrow!

Amazing. Highly supportive & trusting manager. Job interesting & moved around campuses a lot. Got stuck in with various jobs & liaison activities. Could be very quiet or very busy so at times challenging but used quiet times to catch up before lecture deadlines! I was in a small office but surrounding & other campus staff mostly helpful and welcoming. Learned so much & did additional MS Office courses. Freedom around my working hours.

Pros

Training, Support, Flexible, varied and hands on

Cons

Was only a contract :( Not able to stay

Good place to gain experience at one of London's largest hospitals

I joined the trust as a MDT Co ordinator and then went onto work in a variety of Bank positions picking up some good knowledge on how a busy hospital works. Dependent on your role you could be working with patient data, dealing with patients face to face/over the phone or providing administration support to clinical staff. You can always expect to be busy.

Pros

Working a varied day and meeting many different people.

Cons

Long commute home if train services cancelled/delayed

Typical day

Kings college hospital is a very busy the phones do not stop ringing referrals continue to come into the office. Staff are great and helpful. Management are always there to support you if you have any problems

Very poor management

Very poor management. Lazy staff could get on with their customs...Every time I have raised a concern about some staff members I felt like it was just brushed behind the door.

stressless

it was good I am enjoying to work there team are brilliant management helpful only sometimes patient relatives make stressful situation but still manageable

Great Hospital

I worked there as volunteer twice, environment is friendly and helpful. Would love to have a proper job in this hospital. Easy accessible by transport.

Great place.

KCH is a great place to work as everyone is friendly and ready to help with any questions or queries you may have. To progress you will need to apply for another role as that is the best route.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust with

King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location

• King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?