King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Fast paced and stressful.

Busy, but can be very rewarding. There is flexible working options but most likely will not be granted, unless childcare or medical reasons. There is no flexibility on how to work. A lot of my work is admin based, yet I am not allowed to work from home even for 1 day.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Long hours, stressful, negative environment

Very professional

Very professional and staff cooperation was very good but I got this job immediately I had my phd .the set up is very organised and friendly atmosphere

Pros

Discount lunch

Insights into King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Very poor management

Very poor management. Lazy staff could get on with their customs...Every time I have raised a concern about some staff members I felt like it was just brushed behind the door.

Good place to work for

Good place to work for but most management here is hit and miss. The hours can be long depending where you work, but there is usually a lot of flexibility which is great.

Good workplace

It was a very good workplace to do the staff are very friendly and you met all different kinds of people with different aspects of life

Pros

Free lunch

fun place to work

this is an exciting place to work, the working culture is fantastic, so also is the people you work with. the salary was not so great but the pension is quite good

Ok

I supervise a team of 17 workers I raise ppm and reactive works I also supervise various role I also carry out various repairs on on site, on electrical and mechanical service

Pros

Free training

Cons

Shift hours

No job security, terrible management but great education system!

I have worked in the NHS for 3 years now, over 3 trusts (South London Healthcare, Oxleas and King's College), none of which were able to offer any kind of job security which left me and my colleagues from day one feeling like we could lose our jobs in the following month. 3 years down the line and i still feel the same way regardless of having a permanent contract.

Pros

Flexible hours, great pension, holiday and sick pay

Cons

Underqualified management, Nobody seems to know what they're doing.

Interesting,challenging,diverse

Good benefits, discounts, diverse culture, interesting colleagues,can be frustrating due to red tape and bureaucracy

Very nice Trust to work for, many benefits included

I work very long hours, most days are 6.30am-7pm. I enjoy working here, although it can be stressful sometimes, the staff and structure make it enjoyable to come to work each day. I enjoy managing my 2 separate teams, they both operate completely differently as one is for inpatients and the other is for outpatients.

Pros

Good benefits such as wages, pensions, maternity

Cons

Long hours/45 minute break for the whole day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust with

King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?