King's College London

King's College London Employee Reviews

Great team, work as we going, no stress and very professional philosophy from supervisors, 4 on 4 off rota gives enough interval to make other activities, trainings constantly and excellent level of health and safety
Great workplace culture, collaborative and stimulating environment. Internal communications are very transparent, management is usually knowledgeable and supportive. Infinite free training and learning opportunities.
Pros
Training opportunities and career progression
Cons
Pay pack below other London universities
Got opportunity to learn a lotA strong work/life balanceTeam bonding experienceSupportive management unlike catering companiesLooking at career advancement
Pros
Free meals, courses for further education
Cons
Long commute
Great mentors and resource in great locations in London. Understand the importance and methodology of clinical history and neurological examination in the Neurology patient and the localisation of CNS lesions; Understand the importance of Neuroimaging in diagnosis, management, and in monitoring the response to treatment across different Neurological disorders; Be able to identify relevant information from a variety of sources and order and interpret appropriate investigations and treatments; Demonstrate an advanced level of ability to conduct an independent research project; collect, collate, analyse primary and secondary data; evaluate literature and critically assess evidence base; Be able to undertake a research project, including the ethical approval process, R&D requirements, grant writing, study design and publishing;
The money is good but the atmosphere in the Estates department is toxic. There are constant 're-structures' you are never sure if your job is on the line.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and management style where work/life balance came first. The wholes department focus was on getting things done through working partnerships. I learned some good techniques on personal man-management opposed to micro managing. My manager was so supportive and promoted an outstanding workplace culture. At Kings they promote core value interviews where they make sure they hire the right fit for the department. I thoroughly enjoyed the togetherness and event the department held in order to promoted helping one another. Moving forward I picked up transferable skills like working with different systems, data cleansing and collaborative working.
After 2 years employment a more permanent role was desired. I enjoyed the training staff were encouraged to undertake. After working for CTU I worked for the FoLSM.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Not offered a permanet contract after 2 years of service
no. no. no. accept a job anywhere else. racist. sexist. homophobic. bullying. incompetent. senior staff undermine junior staff. leadership constantly lie. research funds mysteriously disappear. most of the lecturers seem to hate students especially non-white ones. I have no idea how they continue to operate.
Major international university with enormous pressures, both academic and financial, in current financial climate struggling to maintain its heritage and tradition under modern pressures.
It was very amazing working with a team.Learned alot more from colleagues and faced with many challenges and finding effective solutions to the problems.
A typical day's work involved a variety of tasks including diary management for two academics, arranging meetings, booking rooms/catering where appropriate, HR tasks such as contract renewals, completion of recruitment forms, staff health & safety inductions, monitoring office stationery/photocopier machines, processing expense claims, raising purchase orders, running reports for grants, completing research grants authorisation forms/applications.
Pros
Exposure to wide range of tasks, forever learning as systems changes, tendency to not work overtime.
Cons
Some tasks that are deadline oriented are allocated with little notice, open plan format can be disruptive making it difficult to focus.
Fair salary and good working condition. No need to complain for the work. Maybe not as exciting as you think, but fine work to receive minimum living wage in London.
Medical Secretary. Typing scanning answering the phone and filling Sorting mails documents and telephone calls Scheduling patients appointments and arranging referrals. Transcribing dictation preparing medical reports maintaining office files and patient records
As with most academic positions, it is difficult to rate institutions as a whole, as the experience will mostly be determined by your supervisor, but I found King's to be a relaxed working environment.
The work varies between departments and roles so there is no typical work day. My experience was very good as I was working from home with daily contact with the trial manager and other members of the team. As with other universities there is scope to change roles.
Highly political university setting, large collaborative HR team, with distinct OD, case management and HR Business Partnering teams. Highly unionised.
I was a student so was not employed by the university. I dont really understand why this is the only thing the computer picked out and wanted to ask me.
working at kings college is a great experience and fun environment you do learn alot there are all ways for improvement. working as a team is a great thing
PA duties Responding to emails Processing payments Diverse culture Not pleased with location, journey time can be stressful especially using overground trains to commute
I worked at King's College London as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. This involved working closely with a course convenor, who would lead the main lecture series. I would then teach the students in smaller groups (tutorial groups or seminars of up to 15 students), to reinforce and practise what they had been taught in the lectures. I was given lots of freedom in terms of how I went about this, which was a great way to experiment with different teaching strategies and to develop as a teacher.
To communicate regularly with the Manager with any new and important issues that may arise. Deal with student, staff and conference guest contact in person and also by phone and email. Pass on messages to the Accommodation or conference teams as required. Sign contractors and other visitors in and out along with any issued keys. Contact residents when they have visitors and ensure visitors are signed in. Sign in the guests for events that take place every night in our building.