Kingdom Security
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Kingdom Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom167 reviews

Mixed workplace.

In terms of payment, I never had an issue. In terms of communication, they were not really great, I was assigned one store for a year and thought I was the permanent guard but then I got moved without being asked. The actual job is ok. But it feels you are less and less empowered to do your job because supermarket management can be a mixed bag. They can back you up or make you seem stupid by not following procedure.

Avoid this company!

If you can, avoid this company. In the Control room are lazy people, managers are irresponsible, no support from HR, and payroll doesn’t do their work properly, you have to call HMRC by yourself to clarify things, because their payroll staff don't know elementary things, and also the irresponsible staff. Every normal and responsible person who I knew working for this company left them. Because if you are a diligent, responsible person and looking for a workplace where your efforts will be appreciated and you will be treated with respect, this company is not for you.

Insights into Kingdom Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

I enjoy working with kingdom I worked in Northumberland got a transfer down to north Yorkshire did two weeks retail security but not for me did do static security but due to fact Thier is no place for me at site I'm in limbo and waiting for manager to sort static site out for me I feel kingdom need more static security sites but overall a good company to work for the pay is great but not enough work for me at moment

Pros

Pay is on time

Cons

Not enough static security sites in Yorkshire

Helpful management. Whenever you need them they will be there.The company offers great benefits for employes. Pay rates are good. Getting paid weekly.

Pros

Relaxing

Avoid at all costs

Almost no training, no communication, no one to one's, poor uniform, constant wrong pay.Then you will be punished and threatened for the smallest of things.

Pros

Area manager is a nice guy but overworked

Cons

I do not have enough time in a day to talk about the cons.

Excellent but pay no good

It is an excellent work place to work company benifits etc but the pay isn't the best the Hours are great days no weekend .. but pay is in need of over looking

Get ready to be ignored

Job site is great, customers and staff really friendly, company ignores your phone calls for days on end, trying to get in touch with area manager is a no go as he never answers phone calls or messages, salary is horrendous compared to the staff at the site, 17 year olds get paid the same as the security guards!!!!

Easy going, slow paced.

While there, it was fairly clear no advancement, especially on my site or if you could not drive. The site didn't pay a practicularly good wage either.

Started work in 2019 as a mobile relief officer. I get good hours excellent training courses based across North West and wales

Excellent company hours e.t.c all great my pay has gone up considerably, I've also engaged in lots of free training courses. Company is understanding too my needs, and I have one to one's with scheduling and my area manager. Great company with excellent benefits.

Constant calls on day off

The job itself is good depending on your location and building a rapor with staff of store you are In. However kingdom management is we're it all goes downhill constantly called on days off to go in even if have just worked alot of 12h shifts in a row, rota changes without being notified, promises about shift changes that never happen, so if do decide to work for company just make clear your shifts etc before start.

One of the better companies

Well what can I say, the pay is good and the hours are good too.Management keeps changingCommunications: Calls and emails with control centre is pretty badPaid on time and accurateHolidays are mostly acceptedWhen colleague is on holiday expect the call to cover all shifts until he/she is back

Pros

Good pay and hours are good

Cons

Communications

Do not work for kingdom

Kingdom are a terrible company to work for. The control room never answer their phone, was sent the wrong sized uniform 3 times, the 3rd party guards they send are beyond subpar - bordering on downright dangerous, management don't care about you or your safety and would rather side with the client than stand up for you should any issues arrise.Constantly having hours missed from my paycheque and they even try remove days off your holiday allowance without your knowledge.There's lots of security companies out there, don't go for Kingdom.

Good money, easy work.

Easy to work for, money is brilliant. Haven't had a single complaint yet. Easy to communicate with, whenever there's a problem they're there to help solve it.

Pros

1 hour lunches paid. Good money.

Cons

Work alone.

Not an enjoyable company to work for, never see management or drivers

Worked there for 6 months and never saw management, interviewed over the telephone and sent my shifts from office in England with no sense of geographical location of sites

Pros

Cons

Unfair demands of places to work

unreliable company,

unreliable company, be careful if you work for them or plan to submit applications.horrible management, impossible to contact hr.wage problems every month

Not very communitive,need more shifts all the time

Alright to work for me always trying to get you to do more shifts, management you do not see. Lost the contract to a lower bidder in TSS, which I rate as even lower

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

Worst company

Kingdom is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. And I don’t just mean within the security industry, I mean worst company EVER. Total lack of organisation, total lack of communication and total lack of leadership. More interested in boasting about new contracts than handling the ones they’ve got. Appalling rates of pay too. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Work place is good with what is required there.

Excellent promotional prospects, senior management willing to listen. Salary is fair but could be a Little better. Great workplace culture. Hardest part of the job is reacting to emergency situations and covering those late requests. Pay sips issue has hopefully now been rectified.

Avoid

Avoid at all costs. There are better companies out there to work for. They don’t care about your welfare. You are just a number to them. The wages are also very poor and people can do much better than earning minimum wage

Pros

Getting away from them

Cons

18hr shifts and only 7hrs between finishing one shift and starting the next one

avoid

in the interview they make the job sound amazing then reality comes they mess up your wages every month charge you over 100.. admin to get your sia badge hassle you to work until you drop hassle you on your day off call you early hours of the morning mess up holidays reduce your working holiday pay don't give you full holiday pay hours

Pros

Cons

the interview was a con

Not a good company

I worked here for a year and I have to say I this is the most stressful underpaid job I’ve ever had. I ended up leaving after I was harassed by another colleague and almost injured due to an incident. I had no support from anyone and I have to say the poorest management and support.

Pros

Cons

Long hours on your feet, no support from anyone including managers and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingdom Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Kingdom Security with

Learn about Kingdom Security in popular locations

• Kingdom Security
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?