Kingsley Healthcare Ltd

Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

They gave me my first job as a carer very helpful and supportive throughout my training from staff to management where friendly and helpful supporting new employees to learn quickly and effectively from day ones
Pros
Free lunch on 12hr shifts
Cons
Long hrs
Management blames tou when things go wrong don't listen jump to conclusions. Overload with work and tight deadlines. They like you to deliver a top class environment but won't spend to get it.
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Boss whose management style is to bully and blame
I worked for Kingsley Healthcare Ltd for over 10 years. I’m amazed I stuck it out that long. This is a company who absolutely don’t care about their staff despite what they say. Management in the homes are in no way supportive. Head office management don’t even acknowledge or recognise care home staff. It is without doubt one of the most toxic environments I’ve ever worked in. If it wasn’t for the residents we were working with I would have left much sooner. The HR department can be relied upon to make any and all excuses to ignore staff complaints and grievances and will sadly do no more than pay lip service to carrying out proper investigations. More often than not such investigations are done without even contacting the staff concerned. Whilst the company owner will make repeated claims of valuing the staff the reality in the care homes as to how the staff are treated is a world apart from good intentions.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay horrible atmosphere toxic environment
Twice I've applied and twice I got interviews. Both with different managers within a very short space of time. Apart from that, they never followed up on me, despite the fact they are always advertising for staff. Obviously they either are inundated with applicants, or the turnover is extremely high!!!
Pros
Locality
Cons
Only half an interview process
Lovely friendly team to work with.Management are very supportive and very willing to help you achieve your goals.Yes it is long hours but any job in the healthcare industry is going to be long hours.Yes it is hard, but I love working there with such a supportive team.No regrets moving to Kingsley from my last place of employment, I definitely made the right move.
Pros
Free lunches, career progression, supportive and understanding management
Cons
Location (weather if it snows)
The owner didn’t even know what dementia was, managers really don’t care about staff, I’ve worked in many care jobs and honestly downham grange was the worst one, in the year and a half that I worked here, we went through 3 managers due to all of them being inadequate, I really DO NOT recommend this place as a place to work. If you value yourself, and your sanity, you’d work elsewhere. It’s the residents that I feel sorry for.
Pros
Easy parking
Cons
Everything else
It was extremely hard work. Mentally and physically exhausting. For the entire shift you are non-stop. I feel all the different units are understaffed, hence why you are pushed over your limit. New starters left as quick as they came, which really isn’t surprising. The rota system was completely unfair and you had no right to try and question it. You are constantly rushed off your feet, working tirelessly and to the best of your ability, yet still critiqued in every aspect. The ‘rare’ staff meetings were always negative- all positives are failed to be mentioned. The manager was unapproachable and extremely unprofessional. The only saving grace was of course the wonderful residents, each and every one of them was what kept me going. But everyone has a breaking point and I met mine unfortunately. What the place needs is new office staff, a new set of eyes, and possibly people with an ounce of compassion and common sense.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Understaffed
Working at colne House is sometimes stressful due to current staff levels we are fully staffed but the needs of our residents require another staff member to enable us to have better quality of time to ensure they are truly happy. Our residents are well looked after and the new management is making a difference. All new members of the team are welcomed and inducted to the best of our ability but at times could do with extra support. We treat all our residents and families like our own and many staff go above and beyond to ensure each person has a fulfilled life. This year has been challenging for all staff, residents and family alike but we can only move forward and hope there are better times ahead. Training has been especially difficult this year but our understanding is due to the fault of certain restrictions with covid rather than the companies. Working at Colne House is more than a job and any hard working staff member will do well here.
Pros
Free lunches, paid breaks and great residents
Cons
Long hrs
The individual home was a pleasure to work in. However the upper management brought chaos and confusion with their methods. The rules changed to suit whomever was leading at that moment. Constant change of management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The interview was via Whatsap! i was told i had the job at the end of the video call and started the following monday.I was told at interview i would have my own workshop (actually this was a large shed used as a dumproom or smoking area)a vast selection of tools ( i found some drill bits, screwdriver and drill)a vast selection of spares ( some bulbs, screws, set of taps, toilet seat - hopless)all procedures for maintenance would be easily obtained (a system was introduced on Ipad - the ap didnt account for everything, it was unclear at what point each account should be address with hardcopies not updated. Apparently a new Ap! would update thissystem in december with no hard copies kept at the homeMy job description was gardener & handyman They employed a gardener - I was given role of contacting plumbers & electrician to sort numerous daily issues with 3 seperate companies who were not local. we couldnt find relevant fuse board plans for isolators. The hot water system was quite poor tooOne carer complained that the puddle created after it rained caused her inconvienience and asked if i could clear the drains. ( the drain cover: a handful of leaves! )Ops manager was persistantly rude with comments, often spoke to me like i was a child. The professional manner adopted was passing the responsibility of every issue and liked to swear alot, ofter interupt outside of a converation with sarky & demeaning words - well its your, just sort it out,, The fire checks clearly hadnt been done correctly for months,,,, the overhead closers were terrible, some would cut off your fingers - more...
Pros
could be very nice
Cons
decadian mentality, no continuity of assistance or staff
When you are new and you have a complaint about a member of staff who has been there several years, you will be listened to and told that your concerns will be investigated but it is all talk. It won’t be investigated and you won’t be believed
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Expect hard work and at times stressful but I loved my job . Head office staff were very helpful and whilst I was there residents were well looked after . Only downfall was the constant back stabbing between staff ..very two faced even when you go out of your way to help them If you’re not shy of hard work then it’s not too bad a place to Work as an admin but I’d suggest after Covid as this Home is not demonstrating safe procedures for staff ..staff mixing whilst on lockdown sharing hot tubs 😡completely different for support staff ..short staffed and very challenging for them not great pay either
Pros
Lovely Residents
Cons
Some staff
Spring Lodge is a wonderful care home to work for yes you have good and bad days but what job doesn't, the home manager is always there for support any time of day even when he is on a /l, there are a good bunch of staff members to be with throughout your day the last few months have been very hard on everyone but we have all kept going for our lovely residents to make sure they have all the support they need and to keep them.smiling. its a kind friendly place to work with good pay rate Only down point to working here is when you work a 12 hour shift ypu dont get food provided unless there is spares going which i think is apoorling.....
Pros
Good pay, lovely staff and management team
Cons
No food provided unless theres spares
lack of support from home manager aggressive and unapproachable and liar home manager no training and support staff out of date. You ok if home manager likes you but that will change from day to day. Hours worked not paid for . No support from home manager through covid never bothered to support at weekends. HR and management no support at all.
Pros
lovely support staff residents and home
Cons
shame didnt have good home manager
7 September 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we truly value all of our staff and understand that they are at the heart of what we do. 2020 has been a particularly difficult year, but throughout these trying times, we have ensured that all our staff have been kept safe and supplied with adequate PPE and that Senior Management have been on hand whenever needed
I have only been part of Kingsley Specialist Services for a short time and have been made to feel very welcome and well supported. There is a real family ethos where everyone supports each other.
Pros
Beautiful setting in the countryside
Cons
Cant say I have found any downside to my job so far
7 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review of our Company. Its lovely to hear that we are supporting you and that you enjoy working for Kingsley
I use to love my job there then this new manager started shouting at me infront of residents and staff i was very poorly treated my colleagues did raise this to head office that i was being bullied was ignored I also then emailed head office how i felt they ignored, i had no option but to hand in my notice, this is a horrible company to work for they allow staff to be bullied they don't value you
Pros
Residents
Cons
Allow bullying
7 September 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we truly value all of our staff and understand that they are at the heart of what we do. We wholeheartedly support all our staff from the day they start and treat all employees respectfully.
Very poor management and poor money. Manager rude and unkind. No overtime paid! Staff exchanged with easiness. Lots of words but no actions. Staff not cared with respect. Manager is shouting at people and is not supportive at all. Not recommended at all.
17 July 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we truly value all of our staff and understand that they are at the heart of what we do. We must also correct your claim that staff don’t get paid overtime and can assure you that all of our staff are paid for all of time that they have worked.We wholeheartedly support all our staff from the day they start and treat all employees respectfully. We also encourage them to be part of the business and welcome new ideas to be passed back to Head Office and Senior Management about how they can support staff better
A typical working day is that no two days are the same. The hardest part of the job is that there is not enough hours in the day however the rewards of working in a friendly, caring environment outweighs this. Kingsley are a very fair company to work for and recognise hard work, success and reward accordingly,
I have worked for Kingsley for two and a half years. During the years I have worked for Kingsley I have found my job very rewarding and I have never worked for a company who look after their staff so well. The support that I have received from senior management and head office has been fantastic and have given me all the help I need to do my job to the best of my abilities. The job is very diverse and every day is slightly different. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that are built with the residents and their families and also that we are all working to improve and enrich the quality of their lives.
16 June 2020
Thank you for your great review of our Company. Its lovely to hear that we are supporting you where needed and that you enjoy working for Kingsley
My day can be varied as an Activities Coordinator - it is variable dependant on the needs of the residents which can involve anything from catching a ball during an exercise session, assisting with mealtimes to contacting and organising events within the home. It is exciting, busy but always rewarding. I started as a Housekeeper but was quickly recognised for my skills and encouraged and promoted into other areas within the home recieving internal recognition and awarded along the way. The management are very supportive with an open door policy which is always reassuring and teamwork is encouraged at all times with everyone helping each other when needed. The best part of the job is knowing that you have made a difference in a persons care journey helping memories be made for them and their families to cherish. The worst part - I havent found it yet
16 June 2020
Thank you for your kind review, Kingsley prides itself on recognising talent and helping staff progress their careers. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working for Kingsley
A great company to work for . Good support from senior management. A family owned and family value based business. great work ethics. Value and recognises employees
16 June 2020
Thank you for your lovely review. Its good to hear that you are happy within your role and at Kingsley