Kirkcaldy Garden Centre

United Kingdom8 reviews

Clear

Insights into Kirkcaldy Garden Centre

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Horrible

Health and safety is non exisistent, never had a fire drill, no first aid. Staff take 30 min lunch break in a dirty, cold corner of a dangerously stacked stockroom. No training given. Manipulative management who use the name, blame and shame system.Just don't, save your sanity.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Enjoyable and educational

I worked here for 3 summers and 2 Christmas periods. Everyone was kind and helpful and I got on well with the management. There is a wide variety of work and always something to do so the day flew past. Watering, till, plants, xmas trees, building furniture, displays etc. Generally the customers were nice aswell. It's amazing how much you learn in such a short space of time. I didnt think I was interested in plants but I know loads now😁

Pros

Nice atmosphere. Fixed days.

Avoid

I would not recommend working here. Health and Safety is practically non existent, as is training. The management make you feel very uneasy and subsequently there is a high turnover of staff. In short, an awful place to work and to be avoided.

Pros

Cons

No rotation on shifts, so if you work a weekend, you always work weekends.

Avoid at all costs

Worked here a few years ago and it was utterly soul destroying, management are horrible treating you like your scum and belittling you to make themselves feel important. If I had the choice between no job and this job I’d pick no job every time.

Pros

None at all

Cons

Horrible management, low pay

Do not apply for a job here

I can’t stress how bad the health and safety is working for this company. I worked here for about 2 years and stupidly thinking it would improve but it got worse. The management is shockingly bad and I would avoid at all costs.

Pros

Customers were nice

Cons

Very cold

Horrid

I would not recommend working here. You are promised full training and are given none, which is embarrassing when customers ask questions. Health and safety is an utter joke and people are always hurting themselves, reporting it and just being told to be more careful, and the incidents never get recorded in an incident book. Extremely high turnover of staff which says it all really. Save yourself the future hassle and AVOID!!!

Pros

Same working days each week, the actual staff are really nice

Cons

See review

Hellhole

Cold Damp Depressing Lack of Health and Safety No heating - owner to cheap to pay It is a tin shed so beware No good pay Staff turnover very high Good Luck to anyone thinking of working here, I wish you the best

Pros

Good in the summer when its not freezing

Cons

Cold, bad management by owners, breaks taken in dirty stock room, depressing atmosphere

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kirkcaldy Garden Centre?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kirkcaldy Garden Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Kirkcaldy Garden Centre Reviews by Location

• Kirkcaldy Garden Centre
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?