Kite Packaging

Working at Kite Packaging: 13 Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

An Employee Owned Company with a Share Scheme. Friendly people, good benefits, only negative is holiday entitlement. Management always encourage employees opinions. Need to invest more in their employees with regards to personal development.

Great company

Fantastic business where you’re not just a number. You and your opinion matters. Proper team environment. Great work/life balance. Great management and fantastic working environment.

Pros

Employee Owned

Insights into Kite Packaging

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for

I've been with kite for several years and enjoy the work. Clean truck and well maintained. Good work/life balance.Share option a good incentive and being part of the team is really good.

Pros

Share option

Cons

Occational frustrations

Poor Management and Bad Internal Culture

An outdated and unimproved management culture that puts you down if you have any suggestions, favouritism towards other employees with leading positions, which are covered by some manager, even when there are verbal incidents of aggression against some employees who work in the warehouse.A change or an improvement on the management side, because the good development and organization of the warehouse activity is not pursued, but only the profit, the human factor is left behind, you are good only if you are accepting they rules and do not get out of your square, otherwise you have nothing to look for at Kite warehouse.

Pros

Shift work schedule

Cons

Poor H&S, Internal Culture bad, Favouritism, Lack of warehouse organization, Verbal Aggression, Mess

Not the family company they promote

Very busy workplace everyday is non stop. Management say that they care about their staff but sadly this could not be further from the truth. There is virtually no internal staff promoting, even when staff do extra qualifications themselves they are overlooked. Sickness is frowned upon and managers only care about when you are returning to work, there is no interest in how you are or your personal needs at work. You are not listened to and part time working is not an option as they say PT workers do not give the same commitment to the job as FT staff doThere is a culture of sell, sell, sell and promotion of bonuses for reps and upper management, it’s very much a case of profit over people They don’t give out references for anyone either

Pros

No weekends

Cons

No part time jobs, greedy uncaring management

Always felt uncomfortable

The actual work place could be a nice environment to work in however people in the are very on and off. One minute having a joke and the next complaining why you haven’t made calls or are distracted. Everyone was afraid of certain managers l, bad language all around the office, always felt uncomfortable. Rules and conditions of the job are very un fair. If you’re in training can’t put a foot out of place, no time off even for serious medical and legitimate reasons. Not a place I would look to work again.

Pros

Hours and pay

Cons

Could feel tension, managers, bad language, uncomfortable workplace

Professional and pleasant working environment

A typical day was busy and demanding. The management were demanding of high standards but supportive. There was usually a good and happy working environment The job was pressured at times meaning long hours.

Pros

Share Incentive Plan

Every employee had shares in company, which meant everyone takes more ownership

Making appointments, visiting prospect or existing customers. There is more to packaging than cartons & tape!!. Didn't have layers & layers of management. A lot of long term employee's which gives you good vibes. To consistetnly be able to gain large/major accounts. Gaining new accounts and up selling to existing customers.

Pros

No micro managing

Cons

No longer having the desire & motivation to work in sales

Hard work required

Busy place to work with plenty to do all day. Using hand scanners to scan stock away was an improvement to picking and putting away stock. Hardest part was unloading trucks in poor weather.

Pros

Free drinks

Great company to work for

Kite is a great employee owned business that has made amazing growth over the last few years and continues to go in the right direction. They value there people and customers. Provide you with an excellent work environment.

Pros

Employee owned

not a good company to work for

kept changing the goal post not good when working in field sales. un organised company. Office manager a bully. Buyer wouldn't quote on items that he new nothing about

Pros

Cons

changing goal posts

Kite Packaign

As an external account manager no day was every the same. My role was 90% new business and 10% account management. A typical Kite account was an account spending in excess of £50k per anum on packaging. Customer expectations were high and this was reflected in the service we gave as a team to all our customers. We offered our customers re engineering of packaging products. I would spend time working with the customer on his shop floor looking at the different packaging materials and processes that they were currently using and then putting a proposal together . I sold into mainly manufacturing companies in the Yorkshire area. My colleagues and myself gave 100% and they were a pleasure to work with. My manager was a great support and a fantastic leader. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and I am now at a stage where I want a better work life balance and I am now looking for part time hours

Pros

fantastic support from colleagues and management alike

Very good management

A typical day at work involves me greeting all workers in the morning, making a tea/coffee, taking myself to my work station and begin my days work.

Pros

Unlimited drinks, peace rate, come an go as I please.

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kite Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement