Kloeckner Metals UK
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Kloeckner Metals UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom73 reviews

salarysupportbusinessyearcompanybenefitthingplace

Great culture and training opportunities

Great place to work with endless training opportunities and benefits. You get what you give and if you put the work in it is rewarded. The culture at my site is the best I have had in my working life. Its a massive business with a family feel and the management are always on hand to help, whether it be personal or work related.

Lovely place to work *****

Kloeckner is a lovely place to work, everyone is very friendly and no one is excluded in any way, shape or form.The management is excellent and there are always lots of opportunities for everyone, no matter the job role.There are good bonuses and benefits to working for Kloeckner.Highly recommend this company as a place to work!! *****

Insights into Kloeckner Metals UK

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

no messing around

decent enough place with all the correct procedures in place. money was poor when I was there however that has been raised dramatically since i have left

Pros

job and finish...ish

Cons

health and safety is petty

Modern thinking, dynamic approach.

Since join the company I have enjoyed meetings with a collaborative mind set. Everyone has input and interaction, total breath of fresh air. Focus on digital transformation and sustainable future.

Pros

Sustainable, collaborative, forward thinking and development

Great company

Great company to work for, from the salary, the people to the work life balance. The training and support is amazing. You get highly valued as an employee.

Excellent company to work for.

Everyone at Klockner metals are trying to make you very welcome. They allways make time to listen to you if you have something to say and they allways try to solve your problem and give you all the suport you need. I enjoy working for Klockner.

Excellent company to work for!

All employees are respected and appreciated by The Board which is very rare in my previous experience at other companies. Excellent company to work for, I highly recommend! Good salary and benefits offered. Good career path offered with excellent training opportunities.

Excellent company

Fast paced, challenging and rewarding company to work for. Excellent communication between branches and you must be a team player.Highly recommend.

Collaborative and supportive place to work.

Working at KMUK is a rewarding experience - the effort you put into the day is recognised. You are supported and encouraged to have your say and contribute

Great company vision and teamwork

My day to day role is varied and always makes my job interesting. I have been put through several external and internal courses for both educational and personal growth reasons. The team culture within the business makes everybody feel included and makes it an enjoyable place to work. I have been promoted twice in the 6 years I've been with the business so have had to learn new skills in a short period of time but there has always been support for me to do this. Also, the benefits available are extensive!

Invest in people

A fantastic place to work with hugely supportive management that are willing to invest in your future career. Good salary package with added benefits and motivational perks along the way. Great working with such enthusiastic people that take such pride in what they can do to impact the growth of the business.They are making continual improvements to the business' environmental impact and promoting sustainability.

Pros

Benefits package

Cons

No café on site

A supportive and enjoyable workplace

Working for Kloeckner there is a strong culture of support and communication. Everyone I have encountered has been helpful and works together to make it a pleasant and cohesive working environment.Klockner takes time to look after its employees. The company is strong on personal development and training of its employees giving everyone the right tools and skills to manage their jobs successfully, and the opportunity to look beyond.

Proactive and future thinking

I found the company to be supportive to new ideas and engaged with their employees. Hard work was rewarded and they proactively encourage in house upskilling and promotion

Pros

Work life balance

A progressive employer

Kloeckner UK are progressive, forward thinking employer who really value their employees. There are excellent opportunities for self development and progression.The range of products and services offered is very wide so complex management systems are necessary.

Pros

Flexible working, development & training opportunities.

Cons

A big company needs complex management systems, sometimes these can seem onerous.

Really nice group of people to work with, great work/life balance, the management and board are approachable and understanding. Would recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

Feeling that your work is valued

Cons

Offices not particularly fancy

Great company and culture

Great company who support and develop their people. Fantastic work culture and diverse opportunities for growth. I feel empowered and valued, and have full confidence in the leadership team to drive the business in the right direction. My personal development aspirations are fully supported and I have great job satisfaction. The business were quick to react to the covid 19 situation, implementing measures to keep all staff and customers safe. As a result they have moved to flexible remote working for office staff, creating even better work / life balance.

Pros

Culture and employee benefits

Cons

Non

KMUK is a rewarding work place, offering good work life balance.

Great place to work. Very engaging, collaborative with good communication, even whilst working at home during the pandemic.Good Salary and benefits Package.

Pros

Pay/Benefits/Hybrid working/Forward Thinking

Overworked underpaid

Poor place to work it's all about the sales sales team ram u with work selling up to 5pm and then your left with 7 trucks to load with out dated machinery that keeps breaking down lack of investment. Unless its for there security cameras and then any mistake you do you potentially out a job money is poor for the amount of work you do. And you don't get the proper ppe regarding what time of year it is.

Pros

They buy you occasional chippys and rolls

Cons

Long hours poor pay very poor

Shocking place dont care about staff

They pay poor, dont care about there staff only about getting steel out there door and breaking you too near exhaustion. Avoid this company wouldnt recommend to anyone

Pros

Pay on time when right

Cons

Long hours, poor puppets for managers they dont care about you

Supportive and exciting

I was on a short term contract as I had another job beginning in August. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at KMUK. It is an exciting time at KMUK and I was able to get involved in a variety of projects. Everyone is supportive and encourages personal development. In particular, my manager, the General Counsel, has taught me a great deal in such a short period. The one-to-one learning has been invaluable and the responsibility I was given has allowed me to grow and develop a lot. Everyone on the board is approachable, and the CEO makes time for all employees- no matter how junior.

Pros

Responsibility, exciting projects

Cons

N/a

Friendly

Great people on shopfloor some ok office staff the problem is Blackburn site closing down but sites all over country are still running the pay is rubbish

Pros

Home every night

Cons

Rubbish pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kloeckner Metals UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement