KN Circet
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Working at KN Circet: Latest KN Circet Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews

Staff are friendly and welcoming

Overall a good place to work, has its negative parts like most places. Work can be busy and can be stressful at times with deadlines but it is quite relaxed otherwise.

Over worked and stressfull

As an install engineer working on both the fiber and copper networks for the last 2 years I have enough experience to warn anyone about staring with KN Circet.On starting and at the interview stage you are sold the idea that money is there to be made and it only boils down to how hard you work. £500-£600 figures are mentioned as weekly salary's which as a new start gets you excited to start and keen to get stuck in. However after your first few weeks training ( a week at the training school then out shadowing and engineer ) you start to notice the issues and problems of a typical day to day in the company. Depending on how quick you are to learn and how confident you are, you could be out on your own completing installs within 5-6 weeks or depending on how desperate they are and if they have your van and tools ready you could be forced out in less than a month ready or not on basic pay of £380 before tax. I couldn't get out on my own for 13 weeks as they didn't have a van or tools to set me up with.Depending on which side of the installs your on i.e a digs team ( UnderGround cable pulling ) or over head installs ( pole climbing ) dictates how much money you will earn. You are paid per install but have a fail safe wage in case you don't get enough installs completed. The more installs you do the more money you make. However if you are on overhead installs like myself it is virtually impossible to earn over your fail safe wage. You are sent out with at least 4 installs per day which can take up to 3 hours each. I go almost everyday without a break working long hours. -

Pros

very little...as my family say " at least I have a job "

Cons

Long long hours exhusting hours

Insights into KN Circet

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Poor company to work for in the United Kingdom

I would think twice about hoing this company in the uk, they have a revolving door policy , and you will be shown the door, poor management in the uk, very poor people and wellbeing company of there employees and very poor management we’re corruption is rife towards the contractors and not paying them. Very poor company to work for.

Health and safety comes first

Good employer update on health And safety and training training provided and courses kept uptodate good to work for challenging overall good productivity company

What a joke

Very bad project management and planning. Its like working for the chuckle brothers, "to you.... to me" no one knows what they are doing, its a joke! Saftey is definitely not there top priority, I was shocked at some of the things I was asked to do and witnessed. They will promise you lots of earning potential to try and make you graft but the planning is so bad it is impossible to make it work. I am so disappointed that I fell for there lies and wasted my time there. Best bit about the job was, leaving!

Pros

Leaving the company

Cons

Managment, Training, Payment issues, working time issues, Lies Upon Lies.

Great team atmosphere

I have worked for KN Circet for 8 years. In this time I have been promoted several times. The work is fast paced as is all of the telecom industry however the team support each other through the good and bad.

Pros

Good pay (always on time) Team atmosphere Great team building events

Management is poor and unprofessional

My experience in this company is extremely unsatisfying. Management restricted my earning by not giving me jobs, therefor I could not earn money with an excuse of ‘I was busy that day’. Because of one person In a management position, I could not earn money on select days. I proceeded to speak to HR if something could be done however this went no further. I was enthusiastic about my role as a Fibre Technician, however I was restricted on what I could do because of one persons personalities. Nothing further was done about this matter and I left the job because of this. I anticipated to be in this work for further future now I am left disappointed at the company as a whole and their lack of team playing. This is poorly organised and showed no respect on my concerns and matters.

Pros

Professional equipment.

Cons

Poor management.

Avoid if you value your sanity

Simply avoid, toxic atmosphere and the senior management lack people skills and management skills for that matter. A “blame” culture exists, management are more interested in finding someone to blame for things instead of trying to put things right.

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

Too many too mention

Good managers, good teams

Open reach are in charge of the jobs the gaffers receive. They do their best to help you out but are limited by open reach judgement and other engineers that have turned up to job. On the whole a company definitely progressing the right way and are all for the staff. They’ve bent over backwards to help and the advice is always solid. Worked for one corporation before this and was alway fall man, these guys want you to be the best you.

Pros

Support

Cons

No true survey of any job they are handed

Inconsistent Management

If you're lucky enough to have a good manager who knows their stuff you'll do great. Otherwise "the KN Way" - figuring it out for yourself and hoping for the best is the most prevalent training method, along with finding someone who can be bothered showing you how they navigate the in house system. Lack of consistency, childish, vindictive management, worse the higher up in the company you go, and a fair smattering of creepy old men who can't resist "a bit of banter".

Pros

Free tea, coffee and good kitchen facilities

Cons

Upper management treat the businessike a playground

Where do i start

This company will promise the world to you so you leave a good company on the word (lies) of there manager that you'll be working on price and earning good wages.. not the case Another one communication company with any communication.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay..

It’s not the best place

It isn’t the best place to work it’s what you would expect from a office job I would not recommend it I wish I never worked there it took a lot out of me and I’m glad I’m out of there now.

Poor Management

work was incoming and quite fast paced. easy to learn and pick up. Poor management within company and workplace culture is very childish. i would not recommend working here. The work is the easy part, the people and management are the problem. They need serious people skills training.

Pros

kitchen facilities and nearby shops, location is handy

Cons

management are a joke

Kn group

Very disorganised company and would not recommend to anyone to work for as they employ people who have not got a clue how to do the job or any background of this industry

Productive work place

Cooperative personal...good management...productive work place, on time payments. Good communication between departments. Very helpful working partners

Lack of organisation

It took me around 1 month of working with KN to realise that it was not going to work out for me. Management were constantly asking for results but would not provide any resources to provide the results. Nobody really knows what anyone else does and when something does go wrong the blame is passed from person to person until someone accepts. The workforce were generally OK, the usual mix of digging squads. Some were good others not so much. Training was provided to some but not at a level which would benefit the entire organisation. Fairly long days, contracted from 0700-1700 but usually later with no payment for overtime. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the travelling. I seen alot of the country while working there.

Would not recommend

Poor management who don’t know how to run a company.. would not recommend to work there. Bad environment & manager thinks they’re better than everyone

Pros

Money was okay

Cons

Awful management

excellent workplace

Good managment, Good pay Opportunity for overtime Great working environment Woluld return anytime if there is work. KN is a good company to work for, everyone is eager to help you when you need.in a professional manner and a friendly atmosphere

Pros

everything

Cons

Worst company to work for

Phony unpleasant company senior staff are useless, Slough office manager is unprofessional and immature, bullying and belittling behaviour coming from managers

Work Life Balance Is the Only Advantage

Not the best place to work. Management do not support staff to the best of their ability. Staff are left uncomfortable and afraid to approach management on various levels. Unable to ask HR team for support in any aspect whether it be pay or a personal matter. Nothing is kept confidential and all enquiries are forwarded to management or have management CC'd into replies. Work life balance is the only benefit to the company as a whole as the administrative roles are Monday to Friday. Truthfully, the people you bond with are the ones who make it more bearable.

Pros

Shifts - Monday to Friday

Good work place

Normal hours 8 to 5, Good managment, Good pay when there is work , not so good when there's not and you have to stay at home. Woluld return anytime if there is work

Cons

unpaid driving hours (2 -5 per day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KN Circet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare KN Circet with

• KN Circet
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?