Knight Frank

Working at Knight Frank: 48 Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews

Not a very pleasant office to work in

The office was like a big warehouse with desks arranged in lines. There was absolutely no atmosphere or privacy unless you went to the toilet. If you got up to use the photocopier/scanner you felt everyone was looking at you. It felt like being back at school in the classroom!It would have been a much better place if the desks were organised better with screens etc.

Pros

Staff were friendly enough

Cons

Office set up and work very repetitive

No work life balance and no flexibility.

There is no work life balance, company is not flexible, benefits are really bad. Don't really have anything positive to say. Company is many years behind its peers. They just like to tick boxes.

Insights into Knight Frank

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Good to have on your CV

Not progressive enough. Could do better with internal promotion and paying you the right salary for what you do. Can sometimes be a toxic environment but completely dependent on the department you're in

Avoid

There is nothing positive to say about this company: toxic environment, zero career progression, arrogant management and no work/life balance. They simply don't care about you

Pros

Cons

All of the above

Hard work but rewarding

Great company, work hard, taken on challenging tasks , experience is the reward.Lots of training opportunities , opportunity to progress further, take on more roles.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Can be demanding

Poor Job Security

If you work hard, it is no guarantee that your job role is safe in Knight Frank. Like most big firms, Knight Frank say they hire the best management. But often they are those who are 'here today and gone tomorrow' (sadly not fast enough). They are the new broom and often get rid of experienced staff, after which they soon leave to spend more time with their bonus, leaving the firm in a worst mess.

Pros

West End location

Cons

Lowest pay they can get away with. Job security so poor that most staff in HR, Marketing and Operations dont last 2 years.

I had a great time developing my career at Knight Frank in Leasehold Reform and Valuation Departments

Knight Frank was a fantastic place to work. It was very competitive with very targets, but the rewards were always there. I left after 15 years as I wanted a change and no longer wanted to work that was specialised / departmentalised.

Pros

Fabulous brand, with huge investment in marketing and research.

Cons

Each area of valuation was departmentalised which meant each position can be quite narrow.

Built great relationships but some managers have no skills

Really like some of the people I have worked with but technical work is not very much appreciated by senior management, sometimes appearance counts more.

Awful company

workers and managers act fake, as if they are suporting you, but instead they stab you in the back. Managers are liars, and dont do there job right

Nice

Good place to work and good people. A typical day was unpredictable, quite full on but i don't like a boring role. Management listen and take onboard feedback.

Would not recommend

The environment is not conducive with work/life balance, there is a blame culture from top to bottom The archaic policies prevent natural talent advancement

Productive and Fun

I worked there for 10 years. it was my first job and allowed me to grow in the company and learn new things. I was grateful for the opportunity but needed to move on.

Credit Controller

It's a good company to work for. it is very fast paced and can get stressful. The managers are great to get along with, you are given the opportunity to make your ledger your own. I was given some great opportunties to excel

Good Company to Work for

Knight Frank was a friendly and interesting place to work - I really enjoyed my time here. My manager was very supportive and the team at the Stratford-upon-Avon were great.

Rewarding and varied

Knight Frank has an enjoyable and collabroative work culture, with no two days the same. The training and opportunities on offer are second to none, and the chance to manage your own workload is afforded early on. The hours can be long, with some sacrifices in terms of work / life balance, but ultimately, Knight Frank is a rewarding and fun place to work.

A great firm, with exceptional people and a fantastic culture

Knight Frank is a great place to work and develop yourself professionally and personally. The training offers by the business is first class and I have been supported throughout my career to grow myself and the business.

Productive and fun work place

I joined a great office at Knight Frank with supportive and experienced staff that really want to help me progress my career in this great company. This is a mentality that has been shared though out every person I have met and dealt with at Knight Frank.

Pros

Cons

Long interview process

Warm and comfortable work place

Working for sure am influential firm has taught me many things. How to carry out independent work, be time organized and to take initiative. How to communicat with others and how to take advantage of the different department to work as a team. The management and culture is extremely warm and friendly with a big emphasis on training.

Bully culture

A typical day of work is the office manager staring at you, waiting for you to make a small error so she can use this to public penalise you. Management also use this as material to for staff meetings to embarrass and shame you. Staff members who have been there for years fight over attentions and will do anything to throw you under the bus. The hardest part of the job is showing up. Management are most certainly racist .

Junior Project Manager

• reviewed, evaluated, formulated and executed project plans, schedules and budgets for small to mid-size IT and organizational projects • coordinated software design and development activities • managed project closing and ensured project deliverables achieved within time, cost and scope

I loved the aspect of being given a job to do and left alone to do it. I love the flexibility I have to balance my work life and home life. Everyone has a place in the company but the owners and managers know it's our company as much as theirs. They care about us and help us to grow, strive to learn new skill sets and appreciate us and we can see that every day. I enjoy people and the diversity of it all. I felt appreciated and allowed to take initiative to get things accomplished. I loved my job because no day is ever the same. Each day I was presented with new challenges and situations, which really helped me to stay focused and interested. I also enjoyed being able to be as creative as I could. It provided the flexibility I needed to raise my family. There is a great benefit package. The work we did is important and meaningful. I felt the work I did every day makes a difference to the people we live around and our community. I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important. My managers encouraged me to grow and welcome my feedback and ideas. I am treated as an important member of the team. The job and the work was interesting, challenging and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knight Frank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement