KONE

KONE Employee Reviews

interesting and competitive industry. It can get routine over time and change becomes must. The company is global so there is plenty of encouragement and opportunities to move roles and countries. Management can be unrealistic at times but are very approachable and friendly. However they do continue to strive for success. They should probably listen and action ideas and feedback more from clients and employees regarding strategy and focus areas. There are great internal training courses available to all. Overall a decent company to work for, best in that particular industry.
As a company they talk a good job. The terms are good and you are trusted to run the area as you want. On the other hand, if you need support solving a problem (and there are many daily) you can forget it. As a business they are hugely disorganised and this is reflected in the incredibly poor customer feedback and ASM workload. As an ASM everything is routed through you, from chasing debt to creating part orders, organising 3rd party training for your team and invoicing work. This means you have no time at all to manage the actual work the customers get you in for. This creates more problems for you alone to deal with. Regional management apply lots of pressure to invoice work even if not complete to hit monthly sales targets, again annoying a fragile customer base for you to deal with. Having said all this, lots of people have been in the business for years so the experience may depend on area you work in. Many people have left in the last few years for a reason though.
Pros
Autonomy, remote working
Cons
Lack of support, high pressure to hit targets
Great company to work for. Always looking to improve and providing the tools to deliver. Leading organisation within its industry with first class products and services
The job itself, I found to be quite easy, the only time there is any pressure is at month end when the management are chasing everyone to invoice as much as possible to achieve targets and in effect earn bonus. I would invariably get my head down and do what needed to be done on a daily basis but found that other team members could do a lot less due to their friendships with management.
Carried out daily ppm and repairs to customer equipment and was on a callout rota to cover breakdowns out of hrs. On a daily basis manage equipment on a set route for site access.
Great place to work , lovlet team. eay to get to bus and train station. very busy but worth it. Supportive Managers and account managers / good work ;ife balanae
Kone is a good company to work for. There are opportunities to progress in the company if you’re working hard and generally a good engineer. Good amount of annual leave and pension contribution
good engineers to work with and a lot of knowledge.management varied from good to awful depending on department worked in training good and health and safety paramount.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
too young management without experience
Loved working at Kone. People fun and friendly. Good work life balance. Great deal holiday.Constant reviews and feedback . Periodic roadshows. Fantastic pension for company which I took advantage of.
I always give 100% to my job, but to Kone you are only a number amongst many. I believe today that the majority of employers are the same but I still did my job to the best I could and my direct line managers and other people I worked with were really nice people and if you have that in a workplace your very lucky.
Sign with the company if possible.. DO NOT WORK FOR SUB-CONTRACTORS. there is no equal opportunities. You do as your told,no question or your fired
The company has been going through many changes for years now. They believe that they are the leaders in the industry, and that others will follow and change their company structure as soon as they see how successful Kone have become
full of bullies and poor management. Awful people to work with and have to know someone high up to be able to move up the ladder. No work life balance and your expected to do over time. Also you don't get hardly any training. Management question every breath that you take. Awful awful place to work
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Currently employed from Basingstoke office, the working area has recently changed. The workingf area has now changed from being mainly in the BN and RH post code area to now operating primarily in the SL and OX postcodes, This now means that we seem to have transits of 2 hours to our working areas for the day.
Pros
Good working conditions, work always safe and no pressure to do anything unsafe or what I am not comfortable with
Cons
New area is too far away from my home address
Good place to work. Investment in new innovations and technological advancements. Keeping on top of workload can be challenging. Building new customer relationships and collaborating with other team members is enjoyable.
Enjoyed working here the staff are friendly and helpful. They are organised and good company to work for. You can take courses to improve your position and move within the company/
Solid and simple processes, decent products. Leadership in some areas is very good and in others has been questionable. Good coverage and a leader in the UK. Good commercial and technical support.
Pros
Processes and support
Cons
Ethics
An "Equal Opportunity" employer as per UK guidelines. Operating within correct safety standards. Would work for the company again, if opportunity arises.
Some very nice people however management really don't know what they are doing, the communication is very poor along with the salary compared to the standard in the industry
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay poor management
A typical day in the contract account team starts with reviewing the bank statements to see what cash has been received. checking emails and responding, Raising invoices and releasing billing for applications when instructed by the relevant QS I learned more about the contractual side of projects within the construction industry. The hardest part of the job so far are the changes that will be implemented and the managing the team through this process I enjoy the relationship with other teams within the business, sales, regional operations teams and commercial teams working towards the best outcome for the customer. I have worked with external consultants and built good relationships that will transfer from project to project. When we all work together to get the best outcome for all of us I have a great deal of job satisfaction
A good company to work for the lost of opportunity for development. People orientated with plenty of in house training and management programs for staff.
  1. Employee reviews