Koru Kids

Koru Kids Employee Reviews

Whilst I loved my job and the family i worked for i was shocked at the pay. It wasn't very much and the hours you work aren't a lot either. I think they may have resolved this now but they are a great company.
Pros
Really helpful customer service and free first aid training
Cons
pay was poor, only offers afternoon work
I had a very productive fun experience with the family I worked with. I look after two girls who were cousins they were lovely, well behaved and listened to instructions, parents were very nice left instructions, always polite, pleasant and welcoming.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
This job has allowed me to step back into the workplace after a gap of 4 years.The family I work for are extremely kind and caring.I am treated like part of the family and they are very supportive.
Pros
Working in a lovely home with a wonderful family
Cons
More hours would be nice.
Can be a fun learning experience, some families are lovely and others can be very judgemental, make sure to find the family suitable for YOU! I personally can't keep going with Koru cos I don't even make £400 a month, be expected to make less than £400 most months!
Pros
Fun, challenging in a good way!
Cons
I can't make a living off of this, monthly income is less than 400 most months
Korukids is the best place to work at if you want to work with kids while studying at college or university. It is the best job I've ever had and I recommend you to try it, if your looking to earn extra cash while studying.
Pros
Time fitted to your schedule
Cons
Babysitters usually get at least £10 an hour usually more! The company doesn’t do anything for you except provide you with a family to babysit for and they provide you with a health and safety course. During lockdown (covid) I wasn’t paid by the company, they told me to ask the family to pay me?! However, this would be very unfair, I thought the benefits of working for a company would be at very least paying me in these sorts of situations as they do get £4 out of your pay! The family is asked to pay the company £13 which you are paid £9 of. This includes holiday pay! Overall I think you would be better off doing a health and safety course - only a few hour course. and then advertise yourself on various websites as a babysitter as you would get a more reasonable pay and would be more to your benefit.
Pros
Free health and safety course
Cons
pay, holiday pay, sick pay
My job at Koru Kids was the best I've ever had. I felt supported throughout, but also challenged without ever getting stressed for long periods of time. The people are motivated but without having overblown egos. And the whole time I had the feeling to work on something genuinely useful.
Pros
Flexible hours, remote friendly, amazing team, friendly and competent management
Cons
Typical start-up stuff
Poor treatment lied salary. Not enough hours. Match you with families far away from your selected area. Worst families to work with. HIGHLY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
22 September 2020
We’re really sorry to read your review! We always do our best to communicate our pay rates to nannies throughout the application process, so I’m sorry if you felt this wasn’t made clear. You can find all our information about pay on our website, but we’ll continue to think about how we can improve this. We are very upfront with applicants that most of our contracts are around 9-15 hours a week. If you are looking for a full-time role, then I’m afraid this won’t be the right job for you as our families are looking for part-time childcare. We match all families and nannies within a 3 mile radius of each other, and you’ll always see the location of a role before you choose whether to accept an interview. You can also meet with multiple families so that you’re able to find the perfect role for you. Again, we apologise if this wasn’t the experience you had but we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.
If you're a student this is good for you.For example, if you can work only after school.But if you have a lot of bills to pay this wont pay enough unless you can work more hours.
Amazing opportunity for people who are looking for decent paying, flexible, part time hours. Good chance to grab some child-care experience, and meet some cool families who make you feel welcome. Most enjoyable part of the job for sure.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Koru Kids?
Never work for Koru Kids if you want to get paid fairly. They will indicate that they will pay you X amount per hour and then on the contract will be way less. They send the contract once you have already started working so you already have an emotional connection with the kids. It seems like a fun company at the begining and well organize but they will rip you off. Don't trust anything they say.
22 September 2020
We’re really sorry to read your review! We always communicate to nannies what their hourly rate will be before they accept a role with a family, so we apologise if this wasn’t made clear enough. You can find all the information about our pay rates on our website. Most contracts are issued within a few days of accepting a role. As the contract has to be approved by the family (your employer) it can sometimes take a little bit longer to come through, so we’ll continue to think about how we can improve this. Again, we’re sorry to hear about your experience but thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We wish you all the best with your job search.
Loved the kids as i love kids. Wasn't far, very local. Hardest part was probably having difficult kids. Overall it was really enjoyable and do able .
Koru Kids have bad management, they do not keep with the contract and will provide false information. Firstly, Koru Kids only pay you for full hour shifts and will not pay you 30 minutes shifts. Secondly, I once meet a family and they wasn't expecting to meet me because Koru Kids sent a email on the day saying "I was not interested to meet them anymore" This wasn't true and I didn't know they sent that. One time there was a techniqual problem on their website and someone from Koru Kids rang me and was on phone to me over 25 minutes because they was finding out what happened, which was unprofessional and unnecessary. Families on Koru Kids will not treat you good and will expect you to do extra things which isn't on the contract. Families will cancel you at last minute notice on the day to not to work, despite signing a contract with them of number of hours to work per week. Working for this company can be lonely because there is no other people to socialize with. Families wants you to do so much for so little pay. And Koru Kids does take a large percentage off your payslip. Koru Kids cares only about families to keep them happy as they want money and Koru Kids will treat their nannies badly.
22 September 2020
We’re really sorry to read your review!You will always be paid for the exact hours that you work, even if you haven’t worked a full hour. On your timesheet you enter the start time and end time of each shift so that we can pay you the correct amount. We do charge our families an hourly fee, so that we’re able to provide both families and nannies with ongoing service. This includes DBS checks, First Aid training, payroll administration and ongoing training and support. However, the vast majority of the hourly rate our families pay goes directly to their nanny. Of course, we’re really sorry to hear that the family you worked with cancelled your shifts. We appreciate this would have been really frustrating for you! We don’t allow our nannies to have zero hour contracts, and we ask that all families pay their nanny at least 9 hours a week (even if they don’t need them to work). If you’re even having problems in a role, you can always contact our team. We have nannies and ex-teachers amongst our team with lots of tips and tricks to help you in your role. We can also chat about whether these problems can be resolved or if it’s simply not the right role for you.We think working with kids is a really fun and rewarding part time job but we know having sole care of children isn’t the right role for everyone. We do wish you all the best with your job search, and we hope you find the perfect role for you.
I love the job, i love that the koru kids team will email you every month to check up how your getting along, they also provide a person to support you with any enquires, no complaints perfect company to work for
My experience with them was horrible as I had issues working with a family as a nanny and there was miscommunication where they said I even worked less hours than I did - however it was me that was deemed inadequate by Koru Kids instead of being offered support. There were so many issues regarding the DBS check ( the process) and the response was slow and frustrating which then caused issues in me working for another family and put me off. I told them I didn’t want to work with the family as I no longer wanted to work for koru kids for the time being. I had informed the family of the progress with my cdbs and my thoughts on leaving and not being able to continue work. I let them know this during a settling in period - so before my work with the family during term time before schools starts and I was then emailed by koru kids telling me and this is after I’d spoken to someone from their company reassuring me that I should’ve been given support and that it was understandable that I might want a break and to put my account on hold I then got told through email that I was inadequate and unreliable and that I was not suitable to work with kids from then on as they had reviewed my application and it wasn’t right. Horrible experience and poor management.
22 September 2020
We’re so sorry to read your review. Our nannies are incredibly important to us and our team are here to help you throughout your time as a nanny. You can book in calls with our support team team, or email our nanny support specialist, and we’ll be happy to help you with any issues you might be having. However, we do take the recruitment and vetting of our nannies very seriously as taking sole care of children is an incredibly important job. If we don’t feel someone is suitable for the role, then we may need to withdraw their application (although this doesn’t happen very often). The majority of our DBS checks are processed within a few days, so I’m sorry to hear that yours took longer. Some Police Forces can complete their search on the same day they receive the application and send it back to the DBS to have your certificate printed. However, there are some Police Forces who have backlogs of applications and can take a little longer to complete their searches. This is unfortunately something we are unable to change (as it’s external to our company), but we do recognise your frustration. If you would like me to look into your application, do drop us an email at care@korukids.co.uk and I’ll be more than happy to speak with you further on this. Again, we’re sorry to hear about your experience but we wish you all the best with your job search.
I love my job its really nice and chilled, however its only a couple of hours each day, so very suitable for a student but not for someone who's looking for a full time job.
Working with kids is a fun way to spend an evening because you are there to play, to make them comfortable with your company. It is really helpful for my English improvement.
enjoyed my experience with koru kids . fun and exciting, rewarding and fun. you will enjoy this job if you are looking for a rewarding and fun job with children.
Really good company, it helps you find your perfect job within your area and it is there whenever you need feedback or help. Easy to communicate with them.
This is an excellent job role for anyone looking to work a part-time job alongside their studies. Just bear in mind that you are paid per hour, not per child.
They provide every paper what you need to work as a childminder and they prepare for the work. It's easy to follow the system. You just need to get along with the family.
  1. Employee reviews