Koru Kids

Koru Kids Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews

nannykidchildcaremissionfamilychildsupportivestudent

Good

Good way to get/find a nanny. Good platform and quick response. They treat families differently to nannies, the nannies don’t receive as much care as they should.

Amazing company, always supportive!

Never worked with a company/ agency better than Kurokids so far in my life!! Love it always recommend to my family and friends! Perfect for students too!

Insights into Koru Kids

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Lovely introduction to working in childcare

Since working with them, I have worked with multiple childcare companies and they are nothing in comparison to KoruKids. While KoruKids is not your employer, they are an agency that will strive to make you happy and comfortable. I took my time finding families, and a KoruKid employee would ask me every time what I was looking for as my preference changed. No rush, only patience. In the end, I found a perfect match family.

Pros

Great support, HR responds fast and doesn't make mistakes, paid training

Cons

Salary could be better

Fun and nice

Really fun job . Nice company . Perfect for people who want to improve their knowledge of childcare . All lovely families that you can choose from based on who you would work well with .

Koru Kids find a family for you.

My experience with koru kids as a company was good. They're very helpful. I worked with a family for 8 months and in the end it didn't work out so I stopped working for that family. Koru Kids took the side of the family and ended my contract.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

It may not work out with the family.

Fine for short term employment

Pay not great, fine for a uni job. Koru Kids Management is generally helpful and friendly.Typical day - after-school pickup, help with homework, visits to the park are typical

Fun and friendly environment

A typical day involves playing games, creating activities and things to do with the children, and sometimes preparing meals - it all depends on what is agreed between the parents and the employee.

Pros

Flexible hours, great for students

It is a good experience to have and you experience something new everyday, it is really fun if you love kids.The only downfall is that it takes up a lot of your personal life.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

You have to be super flexible

Great!

Great place to work - especially as a student. The family I was placed with was wonderful and I ended up staying for years and am still in contact twith them!

Not a pleasant experience

although a lot of the families are really nice and well to work with, the Koru Kids office team and company in general are not that great! the pay is so low,9£ an hour even though the family pays 13£ for you, which is really annoying cause the family spend so much more than you get! the training for the job is not that useful and the system in which koru kids works in is not that great! wouldn’t recommend it! try using other agencies

Interview process is long

I assumed once I had 'got the job' I would be working pretty quickly but is not the case. The process from me applying to meeting with a family took almost 2 months so not worth it. I also had 2 years experience working with children before but they told me they could only verify one year so I was under paid.

Pros

Can be good hours

Cons

Can be hard to find a family that fit around your schedule

They’re priority is the families, not you

The contracts are all in favour of the families, nothing protecting you.Even if you have previous childcare qualifications and years of experience they do not care and make you do it again. Communication with them is like a Chinese whisper tunnel - one is not aware of the other. I do not recommend. There are much better companies that offer nannying or babysitting roles that actually care about you. Tiney are very supportive

Great part time job

Good for part time work as a student. Flexible, depending on your family. Can be difficult to find a family at the start. Agency take too big a cut in my opinion (parents pay £13.30ph we get £9.30ph). Pay goes up the longer you work for your family (+50p every 6 months but capped out at £1 increase). However if you change family it goes back to £9.30, even though you might have years of experience. Not good to work there for more than a couple years while you're studying.

Pros

Fun work

Cons

Can take a long time to find employment

Fun and Great For Student

As a student i needed a a job that paid good and did not require lots of hours and nannying is perfect for that! Especially as an educational psychology student this job allowed me to see my degree in practice.They help with First Aid Training, DBS check and other needed documents

Pros

holiday pay, not tax

Cons

tiring shifts

Fun and flexible part time work

Great company, however your experience will heavily depend on the family that you end up working for. Hours are flexible and the wage is much better than other available jobs for my age in my area. Easy to use the app to log hours and more.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Depends on the family

Really good

Really good, I never had any problems since I work with Koru kids. they’re really helpful if you have any questions. I found my job one week after I registered for Koru.

Exciting place to be

Amazing company with a great culture and leadership. Truly care about their customers and nannies. Tons of opportunities to learn and be heard. The most transparent organisation I've ever worked for.

Pros

Opportunity to learn outside of your regular job remit

Cons

Some teams can be under-resourced

Fun workplace. Great people. Great culture!

I love working for Koru Kids. The people are the best part, and then working for a company with such a great mission and culture is the absolute best!

Pros

Fully remote

Supportive and nurturing

Working at Koru Kids has provided me with a network of passionate people who love to work together to help address a real social need. It is such a joy to be able to work alongside individuals who really care about what they do and are committed to ensuring that they uplift their teammates.

Amazing team culture, great place to work!

I worked in the customer support team and this is genuinely the best bunch of people I've ever worked with. The team is really driven towards our company mission. I would definitely recommend Koru Kids as a great place to work!

Pros

Great team, flexible working, important mission

The most incredible team

Everyone is very genuinely working together to make the service as good as possible. It's rare to meet a team that's so motivated, capable and caring in everything they do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koru Kids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement