KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom406 reviews

Found 406 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,332 reviews

Decent

Login , daily tasks, meeting , and deliverables Some days the timing do get stretched due to workload High expectations , 100%quality is expected from each employee with additional goalsCompensations mediocre and should be increased , lower level managers are good , but higher management is very demanding and unreasonable

Great company to work for

I worked as a telephony analyst for about 8 weeks. During my time here I felt appreciated and had a great team who were always helpful and kind. Unfortunately I had to leave due to personal circumstances but the company did everything possible to make me feel supported during difficult times.

Insights into KPMG

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Woke madhouse

6 years as Customer Service advisor in Managed Services in Leeds, keep away unless you are happy to leave your principles at the door.Motto is "We want you to be happy at work" should also say, "As long as you agree with us" You are quite welcome to criticise the job, it only means you are marked as a trouble maker and your experience will be ignored. They promote wet behind the ears teenagers and not experienced staff. Try it if you want to work in a backstabbing snakepit, good luck!

Pros

35 hrs working week

Cons

See above review

Poor Management

The supposed team manager was quite difficult to understand and to me demonstrated poor knowledge of the work. We did not hit it off and this was the reason I decided not to stay Rest of the staff were supportive and helpful.

Pros

Co workers

Good experience

Big 4 corporate - good to get your foot in the door and understand top corporate structure. Builds character Could be long to progress Didn’t really like Canary Wharf

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Low pay

awesome

great and fun. i loved it there. woudl recommend to everyoune. work life balance is great, and great opportunities for business growth. good place to start career,

Work

During my time working there I can say I was happy. I was able to feel that me being present, I truly made a difference. Colleague they all great people to work with. I never felt lonely, even working from home, because they would help you with any areas you needed further assistance. It's great company to work☺️

Avoid

Management are very naive and agreed to unrealistic targets with their client too. A lot of decisions from the top lacked common sense and impacted daily workload. Worst most toxic place you could ever work.

Get out

Get out while you can, Get out while you can, long hours, but thats is expected if you are a consultant and this varies on a project basis. No travels,

Good career start

Great place to start a career but doesn't lend itself to any sense of dynamism or excitement. Rules only seem to apply to specific people or teams in the company - quite political.

Horrible

You will face worse politics and not supportive leadership. There is no vision for senior members in the team. If you want to do good with you career it is not good place esp for experienced professionals.

Learning and Development great

You have a great opportunity to learn and upskill! People are fantastic! However promotions are very few and far between and the opportunity to be promoted is low!

Monotonous work but great people

Work is often monotonous, long and repetitive. The team however is great. It is easy to get stuck into a particular type of work and difficult to find experience in other projects

If you make it into the favourites - great. If not - good luck!

Inclusive and supportive culture IF you make it to the favourites in a team. If you align yourself strategically with influential leaders, they will treat you well, help you advance, you'll get the best projects and your colleagues and superiors will support you. You'll be well liked and get promoted early/easily.This is particularly the case if you started out as a Graduate, and rose up the ranks.On the other hand - IF you are an experienced hire, and you do not manage to align yourself to powerful leaders in your team quickly....You won't get good projects. You won't get coached properly. You won't be up for promotion any time soon. You won't be supported throughout promotion process. You won't know why the things happening to you are happening because it'll all be disguised.If you are no good at office politics, and if you're not able to foster strategic relationships with seniors asap (unfortunately required at KPMG because favouritism is rife) - good luck in your career with KPMG - because you're going to need it!

Great place to train

However long hours and not as well paid as jobs in industry. Great culture, and a collaborative environment to work in. Would be good if there was more scope to move around the business.

Pros

Free lunches, collaborative

Cons

It’s an fantastic team with lot of support from senior management. It was dream to have the manager who always had listening ear and take it forward. It was heartening to see your ideas taking shape and implemented….good luck to everyone and lots of success

Great company and nice people

Enjoyed my 7 years there. Provided good maternity leave options and support when needed. Flexibility was important. Great promotion options and advancement even for admin staff and lots of additional training provided if you wished it. I learnt a lot.

Great people and benefits but the training isn't great

Very diverse, lovely staff who were easy to work with. If you are interested in accounting and spending time on Excel you'll enjoy this role. Pay is reasonable for the area I live in and there are some nice benefits to working there. However, I thought the training (or lack of for a better term) was poor as it was a throw as many things at the wall and see how much sticks approach which I really disliked. Also quite stressful as my department was understaffed and you might end up doing unpaid overtime during busy season.

Pros

Job benefits, friendly and diverse staff

Cons

Poor training, stressful during busy season, repetitive

Best place to work

I love working at KPMG. The people are amazing. The leadership are fantastic. I don’t have any bad experiences working here for 10+ years and I recommend to everyone.

Pros

People

Ambiente stimolante e competitivo

Un bel posto di lavoro stimolante e competitivo, dove giornalmente c'è sempre qualcosa di nuovo da imparare.

Pros

ambiente lavorativo, disponibilità dei mezzi, benefits vari, ristorante interno

Cons

nessuno

Not bad

Money is good but quite stressful lots of work. But worth it in the end I think because you learn a lot and the people are nice to you. Managers can be supportive

Pros

Salary

Cons

Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare KPMG with

• KPMG
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?