KPMG
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

KPMG Employee Reviews

Good opportunities to progress in this firm. Nice offices and decent people. Excellent support staff.Well worth having on your CV that's for sure! One of the 'Big Four'.
Lovely place to work with, the our own team is friendly, sad about the management. If you have no good reason, the manager won't let you wfh. they always want you in the office, if there is a disagreement; manager are always right. They don't listen, there is a strong culture where they are very strict on no headphone or ear phone listening to music. The working culture are very strong and certain manager, time you when you're out of your chair. There isn't enough trust in the workplace even I need to go for a pray.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Poor management
Good culture and hours, busy work pace. Like the work and the team work. Constantly given feedback which helps to develop yourself to become more efficient
Pros
Subsidised restaurant
Cons
Constantly busy
Great to work for, great opportunities too. It is local and easy to commute to. Has great advantages. I have worked there for nearly two years. Hopefully will be staying there in the future.
Pros
Free lunch. Great hours
Cons
Having been with this company for many many years, the company itself has gone from strength to strength well the culture has steadily going downhill fast.I wouldn’t if I was you At one of the worst times in living memory for trying to find a job they announced with no warning massive redundancies which have not been conducted fairly or honestly. One of their biggest values is about integrity and efficacy, what they are doing at the moment is entirely unethical and without a doubt has not one jot of integrity. I would avoid applying for a job here if I were you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A senior leadership team who simply do not care about their employees at all
Overall a great company to work for however individuals are very competitive and a lot of company politics. During my time with KPMG I was treated very unfairly by both management and mainly by their HR department. However I overcame the difficulties i faced but even 10 years later it still plays on my mind. My exit interview was aweful and done over the telephone too. wrecommend the
Great place to work, COVID was well managed but eventual reduction in contract roles were necessary. Great projects available and kept busy whilst being well supported throughout.
Pros
Great place to work, support for Colleague career enhancement.
Cons
Great experience with plenty of challenge, responsibility, support and growth. You do have to drive your own development, however if you’re landed with a supportive manager then you will go far. The resourcing department are especially collaborative, encouraging and overall awesome people to work with.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of responsibility and opportunities to network and up skill
Cons
Lack of communication to the smaller offices
Very poor exprience all round. Politics around perm staff. They recruit black people and enslave them. Dpnt follow thier own policies because they are kpmg. Blatant and blunt racism is present. Putting people on plans because you are black yet a white counterpart gets away with doing nothing. Napatistic management complain so we can manage you out the buisness. Just a poor exprience all round
Good , excellent opportunity that I received . I will be open to more opportunities in futur with KPMG or any big4. I will recommend my friends to apply as well .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?
Throughout my work experience with KPMG it opened my eyes to the greater working world, being surrounded with senior staff who excel in their profession.
After working at KPMG for several years it became apparent how poorly they treat their staff. You are treated as a cog in the machine and not as an individual with a life outside of KPMG.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
Poor salary / reward recognition
fantastic place to work but not for the faint hearted. Be prepared to give your best and you must be heads on. good place to work because of diversity
KPMG Glasgow is not a good place to work. They are too arrogant to accept when they are making mistakes. Client was never satisfied. KPMG also made a simple task looked complex. The rate of staff turnover is ridiculously high. About 4 staffs resign every week but KPMG still didn't care as they believe people are on waiting list to join the firm.
I worked part time for the company as a student (contractor). My seniors were terribly unhelpful and disinterested. Travelled to an induction day scheduled from 12pm - 4pm - no one at the reception knew who I was or why I was there when I arrived, was there for 45 mins and sent the powerpoint to go through at home because my senior skimmed through it so quickly, even though they knew it took 6hrs for me to travel in total! It was clear from the beginning they were disinterested and could not be bothered to help me out. Was promised a certain rate, then it unravelled that I was being paid a lot less than promised! I also had to sign the same forms multiple times as the company did not keep my documents correctly. I would NEVER work for a company like this ever again! Just lucky I experienced it early in my career.
Upside - Throughout my time I worked in a great team, everyone’s as willing to help each other out. Downside - If you wanted to progress it had to be outside of business support. Also the goal setting and yearly reviews were only beneficially to those not in the firm a long time.
extremely long hours and no support. You are send to the war alone with no weapons. The scope of work keeps increasing and you basically need to figure out how to survive - and even when you work 16-18 hour days abroad only coming back Friday nights, you are expected to do "extra curricular" activities and participate in the social events - because at the end of the year, you are measure against your peers based on the not objective feedback you request to whoever you want.. so you better like making friends over beer at the bar
people are not very nice, work is stressful, review process is not fair, there is also discrimination, and harassment, do not recommend if have other choices.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, mean people
Very professional environment with a good working culture. The job involved a lot of travel and the cost of these were generously covered by my employer. A very good place to work with brilliant minds to work along. Very challenging an environment with a result driven culture.
Okay place to work. Could be better when it comes to information. Be a bit more respectful of family concerns. Partners are not that skilled and require assistance on basic tasks. Overall it felt like a bit of a care home.
  1. Employee reviews