Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews for Classroom Assistant

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,297 reviews

Productive and relaxed workplace

Overall, my experience at Kumon was very positive and I enjoyed working there and helping children to learn new skills and grow. The staff were all very friendly and I immediately felt welcome.

Class room assistant

Not paid a lot for the work you do . Sometimes felt things aren’t clearly explained. However a good job during gcse as after school and didn’t take a lot of free time

Fun and interactive, fast paced workplace

The day would last around 3 hours. I learnt good organisation and communication skills due to having to file students work and dealing with parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the children and seeing them enjoy their work.

great place to work if you know the maths and English

if you can work under stress and the rate at which everything moves it’s a fun place to be. feels great helping students to achieve the best grades in school. organisation and team working skills are key.

Good for students

Used to love working here with the old management. It was a chill atmosphere and relaxing. The environment was enjoyable but with the new management, had become a drab. Not paid enough, lumbered with too many responsibilities solely because management can't be bothered to find more staff. Since asking for a pay rise / more hours, manager then went on to give me no shifts at all - haven't had a shift in three months now. It's good for students who want to work minimal hours so they can keep up with their studies / exams whilst also making a bit of cash. not good for people who want to actually earn savings or pay bills.

Productive and fun workplace

I learnt how to deal with many different situations in a quick yet responsible manner. Hardest part of the job was initially grasping how to effectively communicate with the different children.

Productive and rewarding work place

When at the centre I mark the work, help explain study methods and assist teaching. I have learned ways to work and communicate with children and how to manage situations that can occur when working with young children. The management is fantastic. There are always things to be done and on the whole, classes run smoothly. Within the workplace, the environment is calm and welcoming. Creating a safe atmosphere for both the children and the staff. The hardest part of the job is keeping some of the young children engaged at the end of a long day. However, this job is exceptionally rewarding when the children master whatever topics they are learning.

Pros

Manageable hours

Fun work place for students

Kumon study centre is a fun work place, especially for students in college or university. It's a very relaxed environment and easy way to gain experience and learn new things as well as earn some money.

Pros

very relaxed and fun environment

Cons

pay is low - £5.40/hr for 18+

Educational

Teaching children to become stronger in English and Math. Excellent strategies and children given lot's of encouragement. Children go on to become successful in exams though tuition received.

Fun workplace

I enjoy working at Kumon very much because it gives me a chance to help younger children for future life. It also gives me enjoyment when the kids are happy and excited when working.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

not enough hours

Jobs at Kumon

Classroom Assistant positions
See more jobs

Great environment and rewarding job

Working with children is a reward in itself when you witness their growth and progress. Allows you to keep working on your own basic Maths and English (comprehension) skills that is still importantly needed. Lovely children and parents, occasionally can face a few odd difficult children/ parents but is always handled with the help of main Kumon instructor or by your team mates.

Pros

great bond with children and colleagues, working on your own skills, morally rewarding job

Cons

short hours, low pay

busy workplace

Dealing with parents and children on a daily basis. Assisting children with their work, marking and recording. Providing parents with feedback and any enquiries they have.

Pros

friendly workplace

Cons

too busy

Laid back yet very productive work environment

Friendly, relaxed working environment but yet very productive! The staff were very accommodating and make you feel like part of the team. Part time job so was perfect while I was on my gap year, HR and the line manager were very understanding of my situation (being a student; balancing studies, etc). Hardest part of the job was dealing with the younger kids, you have to be patient but if you love working with kids this shouldn't be an issue! Considering this was my first proper job it was such a pleasant experience.

Pros

short hours, good staff

Cons

early start on a saturday

productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work entailed setting up the classroom with the same layout before the shift, marking, recording, timing reading and helping the students to solve problems. I have learned to be patient, responsible and organised. colleges were very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was recording marks not because of difficulty rather that it was monotonous and boring. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students to assist with classwork and homework.

Pros

Car lift to work

Cons

not enough hours

Interesting

Their is an option to do Maths and English, both are very beneficial to all children, I believe it helps them with time management, organisation, confidence and in all academic subjects. It is a pleasure working with children and helping them grow academically and individually.

Pros

helping children achieve

Cons

intense

a lot of work required for little pay

I had learnt how to deal with patience with the students which is difficult if they do not obey you. I believe that they pay should be higher for the amount of work that the assistance's do as they are marking many pupils work and do need some some sort of education path.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

a couple of hours a week - for students- with minimum pay

Friendly and relaxed environment

Although the shifts may be limited with my center only being open 2 days a week, the job itself is great as the kids and colleagues are all a pleasure to work with and as classroom assistants, we have a great relationship with the site instructor.

Pros

good hourly pay

Cons

not very many hours a week

Lovely Environemnt

Lovely environment and all staff members are welcoming. Management are strict but fair and if you ever need help they are easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. It is flexible and has good hours.

Pros

Good hours and flexible

Fun workplace

Working with children to help hone their math and english skills is very rewarding. The manager and others who work there are very friendly and help to make the place a positive environment

not the worst but could be better

for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do

A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.

Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K