Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews for Teacher

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,297 reviews

Mark students work on a daily basis. Give students feedback on how to improve their work. Develop my communication and time management skills. Enjoyable because it’s quite relaxing

poor pay but fun

I worked for two hours so time mangament was not hard,also learnt patience and how to work with children.i gained communication skills and learned to listen and teach

It was my job to help put the children with their work by explaining and correcting the answers as showing them methods to work the questions out, here I mainly learned to be patient as well as developing my communication.

Fun workplace

Working at kumon has made me more developed as a person and I understand that working is something to take pride in and that I can work effectively in team and to be able to handle more than one situation at a time whilst maintaining a high quality result.

Fun workplace

Kumon was a fun place to work, and teaching kids to do maths questions was particularly enjoyable. I liked working there, and it's a shame I had to quit, due to exams.

Pros

Working with kids

Cons

Nothing I can think of

working at kumon i have learnt to be patience while working with younger children. it is a very easy going job which requires you to be helpful. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the children out with their work and seeing them succeed in certain areas they use to struggle with.

Pros

flexible

Cons

a lot of marking to be done

Intresting

- i learnt something new everyday - it helped my maths because i was teaching it - on some day it was challenging on some days -

Pros

shorts hours

Cons

Less pay

Great working enviroment

A nice place of work, especially if you can work well with kids. Through this job I was also to enhance both my work skills and personal skills.

Pros

Motivating environment

I enjoy working at Kumon and RTG. A typical day at Kumon would be me marking the children's' classwork. Then I have to guide them with their mistakes and mark their corrections again. A day at RTG is teaching the children and guiding the children with the work set by my manager. I have learnt how to communicate with the parents and the children and how important it was to vary my tone to suit the child. I have gained good communication skills and good listening skills which allows me to be patient with others. I only work 2 hours at Kumon where I work with my co-workers. We share a good relationship and in fact, this relationship has allowed me to speak to my colleagues outside of work.I only work 3 hours at RTG and it's usually me and another graduated teacher or my manager. I share a good bond with my senior staff and my manager. The hardest part of my job especially with RTG is I never know when I have work until they ring me. Due to this, I have to sit and wait for a call. Also, I receive minimum wage for both RTG and Kumon and it requirres us to go back home, revise the topic before teaching the children. Both RTG and Kumon wants me to carry my work back home in order to prepare for the next lesson. There are many enjoyable moments at work which includes seeing the children, sharing a bond with them which allows me to care about them and their education, allowing them to trust me. Alsongside the children, I am able to keep a relationship with their parents and this allows me to involve myself more as a teacher but as a well- wisher hoping the best for them. -

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Less paid

starting job

started as a training staff, was good work place and mostly spent time with kids.

Pros

N/a

Cons

part time

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kumon?

Tuition classes

It is classes based on engllish and maths subjects. At Kumon, our aim is for each and every child to become an independent, advanced learner, with a positive attitude to study. This classes having so many branches available and the timing of classis arranged the way accordingly childrenes school.. i am having apportunity that i worked with so many and diffrent cultural children. i am doing management there like set their work and prepare work for childern for next week, check their worksheets and give them feed back and if necessary give feedback to the parents.

Pros

no bond to work there and freely atmoshere

Cons

short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K