Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,297 reviews

Fun learning

Kumon is a growing franchise. I’ve had an amazing experience working at both the centres. They have always promoted a fun loving environment. The managers are also very kind and supportive.

Pros

Lots of reading material

fun workplace

Its fun to help kids understand their mistakes and interact with them. As well as teaching them you learn new things from them. Its only 2 hours 3 days a week so its easily to balance work and personal preferences.

Pros

small hours

Alright as a first job for a teenager

It gave me a foundation as to what the working world would be like and helped to prepare me for my next job. However, I would only recommend it to teenagers that are looking for a “weekend job” or to someone who is looking for short, flexible hours or as extra pocket money.

Fun and Productive

Enjoyed working there. Nice boss and easy relaxing work with hours to suit students. Reasonable pay for age I worked there and didn't feel pressure or stress i have felt at similar jobs.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Slightly low pay

productive

A typical day at work would mainly include a lot of marking, updating and dating. Also signing in and out the students as well as dealing with parents queries. I have learned to handle with some students who have behavioural and learning disability. The most rewarding part of the job was to be able to guide students with their work and be able to see them get the best results they could achieve.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

not enough hours

Good Place to work

Enjoyable place to work, fast paced, and watching the children advance due to your teaching is rewarding. The other staff are friendly with a mixed age group of students and adults. It is run very well with a good atmosphere where the children want to work and come to the centre.

Good manager and working environment

My colleagues and manager were really helpful in teaching me different aspects of the jobs and I overall had a good time. The downside was the pay as we were receiving the bare minimum.

Rewarding and fun

I worked every wednesday and thursday, 2 hours a day, good manageable job for students who want to earn a little money. Work was simple and easy, there was work already prepared by our boss so we just had to help and go through with it with the children when they arrived at our table. Each work is tailored for the individual child. My favorite part of the job was working with children were lovely and humorous and my boss and co workers were very friendly, overall it was a very good experience. There were front desk, marking and recording positions for those who aren't so keen with working with children.

Pros

Paid days off, paid training days (and if your boss is nice enough, free pizza for lunch!)

Cons

low hourly pay, but that is understandable

Productive and busy workplace

A typical day would start by setting up the centre followed by organizing the student's file for the upcoming work for the day as well as homework. We would then let all the students come in which got quite busy at the time due to the lack of a system. There was also not enough staff members to manage marking the students work, helping them with questions as well as managing all their files.

Okay as a 14 year old

Typical day at work was fun due to like minded colleagues and I learnt a lot about time management as organisation as a 14 year old working there. However, pay was quite poor for the effort put in.

Jobs at Kumon

Teaching Assistant positions
See more jobs

Very intense and unfriendly experience

When I worked here, I was expected to be at the same level as the other assistants who had been working there for a much longer time. I was given NO time to adjust or settle in and I was constantly being criticised even though I tried my hardest. My efforts to quickly adjust to the faced paced environment were not seen. (this particular Kumon branch would get very busy with many children) and the pay is ridiculously low

great for students

I was only at kumon for a year in my last year of high school. it was only 5 hours a week so it was perfect to earn a little extra money for a student.

Fun Environment

Everyone was welcoming and lovely. The facilities were to a high standard and I felt like the students were able to thrive in this environment. I would definitely recommend this to students who would like to work part time.

productive, learnt a lot of things

The job role was very productive, motivational and organised. Learnt a lot from these skills and improved them. Learnt how to deal with various different age groups, from kids to adults to teenagers.

Nice people worked helped me with development as a person. Worked as a Maths and English tutor for the kids and learnt how to deal with them in a professional manner.

great environment

I worked at kumon for 3 years and it was great. I had a wonderful manager who looked after their employees very well and also took into consideration that i was a student who was doing a-levels at the time. The best part about Kumon is that it is short hours which are easily manageable after classes however during school breaks it can be seen as an awkward shift as it is in the middle of the day. Kumon really develops your communication skills and helps you feel like part of a team.

Pros

short hours

Cons

awkward times

nice people

it is a good place to work if you are a teenager just getting started to work, the pay is quite low though and you have to pay attention because there are quite a lot of details to the job

Kumon

this was something i did as voluntary where it was helping children with maths and English. giving them homework to do. the management is very will set. it is a cultural place to work as people from different cultures work as a team.

Fun workplace and environment

Very nice place to work and all the staff are friendly. Every one is treated equally irrespective of age and experience. Working with young children is very rewarding especially in this job where you are helping them improve their maths and English skills.

Pros

manageable with another job

Cons

odd hours to work during the day (twice a week for 2 and a half hours)

Friendly Workplace and Environment

The working hours are fixed to two hours twice a week (4hours total) and I would normally go in early to assist in setting up the workspace for the students and parents/guardians. I would sit at the front desk to register all children in and out of class and mark their work as well as paying attention to the room in order to assist students when necessary.

Pros

Lovely Environment

Cons

Few Hours a week

Productive and friendly environment

The management at Kumon was brilliant. Everyone knew what they were doing and how to do it. If a small issue arose, it would be dealt with immediately. I learnt many skills regarding how to approach children's education.

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Often asked to work outside of your agreed hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K