Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews for Tutor

Found 100 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,297 reviews

Easy but fast paced

Working at kumon was very relaxing as long as you don’t waste your time, it’s not hard to do any of the activities such as marking work or recording.

Pros

Caring members

Cons

Only 2 days a week of work

Productive and fun place to work

The work is very fluctuated. The environment can be peaceful, relaxing with little to no noise which provides great productivity to all tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help children from all ages to reach their educational potential.

Pros

Flexible, short hours, excellent management and resources

Cons

Minimum wage

Fun and enjoyable workplace

Kumon has helped me develop many skills such as my time management skills and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the the job is being able to talk to and feel comfortable talking to my manager if there was a concept I could not explain.

Pros

Not long hours

Cons

Not the best pay

stressful

My time at Kumon was not the best I was stressed out by the manager of the place, she made me feel so unwelcome and made other workers who were stressed train me. She was never polite and on the second day when I didn't understand something she would get angry when I asked her for help, it was my second day I was still new to the job. I understand that she must have also been busy but there is no need to be impolite and rude sometimes when I asked her something she would just stare at me and not respond until 5 minutes later. she often paid late and when questioned why she was paying people late she wouldn't have a reusable answer. She was rough with the children and made them feel worthless and useless, for example if a child was struggling she'd say comments like " even my dog could to better you need to hurry up"

Pros

Amazing workers except the manager.

Cons

long hours With no breaks

Fast paced and comfortable workplace

Working at Kumon was a relaxed yet busy work environment that I enjoyed working in. I worked with a friendly and welcoming group of people and working with children was one of my favourite parts of the ob.

Poor

Working with children with multiple learning difficulties is a personally rewarding and enjoyable experience on may levels. However, they pay, treatment and management I received did not match this.

Productive but can be stressful

4 hours a week really doesn't take much off your social life and revision time. I would recommend working here as it's not a competitive salary, you work around 16 hours a week for around £70 a month which is decent.

Good for students

As a student it was a good job to manage my schedule around. It was also relit I rly easy to get into as it does not require a lot of skills. You just have to be aware to be alert at all times especially due to working with children

Short hours.

My experience at Kumon was challenging because I had to learn how to communicate with younger children and help them complete their work within a time limit.

Terrible place to work

Staff were rude, inconsiderate and gave no notice of when they wanted me to stop working there just said they wanted to save costs and will call me only when they need me.

Pros

Nothing good about it at all

Cons

Rude staff, stressful, extremely low pay and often nothing to do but mark papers.

Jobs at Kumon

Tutor positions
See more jobs

Busy but worthwhile workplace

The kids seem really enthusiastic to be there and are always trying to push themselves The rewards scheme of getting a prize every 50 stickers is a good idea as it helps to motivate them Management could be slightly better as it can get quite chaotic at times

Balanced work

I think Kumon was the perfect place to work at as a part time job. Since I was a student at a high school whilst I was working there, it was a nice way for me to help children who were younger than me.

efficient place of work

Kumon is a great place and a safe, classroom environment for young school pupils to come work in. I enjoy working there as it is a sound place and is very efficient. Working from 4 - 6 , if i start at 3 i would help set up the classroom , set the tables up with the correct number of stationary needed. When the children start coming in , i would record their home work , seeing if everything is up to date. During , i would mark and record any maths or English that needs doing . Send corrections back , help anyone that is struggling. supervise and pen pace those that need to and listen to children read. Finishing the shift by packing everything up and leaving the room as we found it.

Productive and Relaxed

Great job for learning skills required to communicate and share ideas to best serve individual customers. Has taught me confidence when dealing with students and staff respectively.

Lovely Place

Worked here for over a year, lovely staff and management. Learned lots of great strategies for teaching mathematics and English to younger people.....

Poor pay but convenient hours

My boss is friendly and the environment within my team is comfortable, but the pay is very poor for the amount of work and it's quite stressful. We often work overtime, due to packing away, and have to pay for our own DBS check.

Fun and fast

If you love children this is the place to be! Very focused work, fast-paced like a school work factory ( you're not allowed to interact or really mentor a child except for school work). Not the best working conditions but fun coworkers!

Great first job

I worked at Kumon aged 16 tutoring young children in basic reading and writing skills. It was a healthy workplace and I would recommend working there to any young person.

the hardest part of the job is being constantly challenged with children and their needs. However, if you are willing to put all your efforts into a child and their education then they are for you.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Fun workplace

A typical day at work is easy with the plain tutoring of children in a subject where their success is also your success. I learned patience and time management which I believe have been very useful to me.

Productive workplace

Really good pay and rewarding work. Kumon looks good on a cv and has a good workforce. Days aren’t that long so the work doesn’t turn monotonous which helps with morale.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1K

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Kumon with

• Kumon
  • Tutor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?