Kumon

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,319 reviews

Fun learning

Kumon is a growing franchise. I’ve had an amazing experience working at both the centres. They have always promoted a fun loving environment. The managers are also very kind and supportive.

Pros

Lots of reading material

fun workplace

Its fun to help kids understand their mistakes and interact with them. As well as teaching them you learn new things from them. Its only 2 hours 3 days a week so its easily to balance work and personal preferences.

Pros

small hours

Fun and enjoyable workplace

Kumon has helped me develop many skills such as my time management skills and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the the job is being able to talk to and feel comfortable talking to my manager if there was a concept I could not explain.

Pros

Not long hours

Cons

Not the best pay

Decent on the side job

Pay and hours are low, on average pay was £7.00 and hour with 4 hours a week. Decent management but was sometimes called early in the morning on days I was previously told I wasn't needed.

stressful

My time at Kumon was not the best I was stressed out by the manager of the place, she made me feel so unwelcome and made other workers who were stressed train me. She was never polite and on the second day when I didn't understand something she would get angry when I asked her for help, it was my second day I was still new to the job. I understand that she must have also been busy but there is no need to be impolite and rude sometimes when I asked her something she would just stare at me and not respond until 5 minutes later. she often paid late and when questioned why she was paying people late she wouldn't have a reusable answer. She was rough with the children and made them feel worthless and useless, for example if a child was struggling she'd say comments like " even my dog could to better you need to hurry up"

Pros

Amazing workers except the manager.

Cons

long hours With no breaks

Was excellent overall.

Was made to feel very comfortable, was a fair employer. Couldn’t fault the people who work there, all lovely.Was very good working with the children it helps you get experience with difficult children as I was on the young Leaners. Would highly recommend

Pros

Cons

No cons

Productive but can be stressful

4 hours a week really doesn't take much off your social life and revision time. I would recommend working here as it's not a competitive salary, you work around 16 hours a week for around £70 a month which is decent.

A typical day at work

I used to go to work after sixth form on a Tuesday afternoon and on Saturday mornings. The general day would usually include setting up, organizing folders, marking and recording pupils work, aiding them with their work and tidying up at the end.

Good for students

As a student it was a good job to manage my schedule around. It was also relit I rly easy to get into as it does not require a lot of skills. You just have to be aware to be alert at all times especially due to working with children

Slow pace

There was not a lot to do we had to wait for the children to finish their work and then mark it and wait again. sometimes we helped the children with the questions when they got stuck.

Worst place and takes advantage of young student employee

I worked here when I was 16. She told us that if we 'work hard' the salary will increase. We were told a lie and only received £4 an hour and it would have only inreased if I was 21. She gave us false hope and made it out to be something else. Was told to so much for for such little. The manager is extremely rude. She was highly patronising. Could not explain the marking grid properly and would get angry as I did not understand it. I dont know why I worked there for so long. My anxiety was so bad going in every day knowing that this woman would rip me apart. It was also cash in hand which I dont even think is legal. I just feel sorry myself that I had to go through that as a 16 year old. Now that I am 20 I would never allow myself to be disrespected and treated so miserably. Also did not provide payslips. I was overworked with children who ALL needed help at the same time.

the hardest part of the job is being constantly challenged with children and their needs. However, if you are willing to put all your efforts into a child and their education then they are for you.

Pros

na

Cons

na

productive yet fun and every day is different

brilliant team and working with the kids is ever so rewarding, and watching them grow and moving on is lovely, knowing you have helped them. The manager is ever so kind and is always there if you are little stuck

productive and professional

I Would usually go straight after school and start the marking and recording of student worksheets, usually I would also help the students out with their maths and English work. The manager made the working environment very comfortable as well as professional, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with students as I can then give advice and help on the work.

Pros

short hours

Cons

weekdays in school times

A way to earn a tiny bit of money around studies but that's it!

Good job for students who just want a little bit of experience without a big contract. Can get too stressful for what you are paid and this makes the job seem not very worthwhile but seeing students develop over the years is the flipside to this - overall good job satisfaction if you care about the impact you are having on their lives.

Pros

Working with people your own age.

Cons

Too few hours. Too much to do in such little time and for too little money.

Easy, good job however limited hours

I enjoy working at kumon, everyone is friendly, and it is a pleasant working environment. However the hours available are so limited I have been forced to look elsewhere.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Limited hours available

bad pay, poor attitude

The company paid me £5 an hour and expected me to work past the shift time unpaid to complete the marking. And it was very high pressured and didn't value workers.

Fun workplace

I enjoy working at Kumon very much because it gives me a chance to help younger children for future life. It also gives me enjoyment when the kids are happy and excited when working.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

not enough hours

Simple and Easy Workplace

A typical day at work would be some days of the week from 4-6 and on a Saturday 11-1 You just have to assist kids in their work and record what they've done at home Everyone is really supportive and will help you to learn things even if you don't understand yourself

working at kumon

Working at kumon everything had to be done quickly before the day ended, so there was not much communication with the students apart from when we where packing things away at the end of the day,. but whilst we where working, the only timew we woul;d talk when it came to helping one and other.

Pros

nice group of people to work with

Cons

Having to work very quickly and not much comunication

Terrible

They only care about the money, yes they only do that. Nothing more. Expect you to com early and set the table for no extra pay. make you leave late as they ant you to pack the tables. Hard Labour.

Pros

Cons

hard labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K