Kura

Kura Employee Reviews

United Kingdom294 reviews

Insights into Kura

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Job is ok, management are shocking.

Unfortunately, I would not recommend Kura. This is mainly due to the management who do not care about staff. They bully staff and only care about KIPI's rather than the.wellbeing of staff. They do not recognise trade unions and is it through this they fail to connect with staff members. The job itself is relatively easy, but the poor management make it a terrible place to work. I would avoid.

Pros

Money, holidays.

Cons

Bad management, lack of union rights, lack of care about staff, negative atmosphere.

Apply At Your Own Risk

Applied for a job at kura everything seemed fine attended the interview and was told I did well.Was given a start date but before I even actually started they said the retracting the offer of employment due to the fact of my credit history.I explained that I was on payment plans but it wasnt good enough for them.Whats my credit history got to do with doing the job is beyond me, apply for the job at your own risk like others have said its not greatest of places to work at.

Pros

Cons

Very picky management If u dont fit in u wont get anywhere

A great place to work!

Kura is a great place to work, with a clear vision aimed at helping people develop. The amount of positive changes made over my time working here that have improved communication, the learning and coaching experience as well as benefits aimed at taking care of the employees have been fantastic. The personal growth I have been supported with, as well as the opportunities I have been able to push myself to achieve I don't believe I would get any where else.

Pros

Good benefits for employees, Clear vision and culture aimed at helping people develop and progress, Feedback culture definitely shows the business listens and helps shape positive change

Cons

N/a

Horrific

Discriminatory benefits (only certain people get sick pay), zero COVID health and safety measures which has resulted in unreported outbreaks. Constant mistakes with pay and waiting over 6 months for holidays to be approved. Zero respect for personal boundaries or mental health. Actively encouraging COVID symptomatic employees to stay in office because absences affect managers performance stats. Relentless work with near non-existent coaching and support. Actively discouraged from joining unions and those who are part of a union are told the company chooses not to recognise their unions. No mental health safety measures in place even when agents receive d**th and r**e threats from customers. You get 5 minutes per day to use the toilet. Office full of about 1000 people but only has parking spaces for less than 80. Lifts, heating and air con never work and there is no air ventilation in open plan office building.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Bad pay, poor managers, disregard for health employees health, safety and well-being, inadequate office facilities

All about the people

Exciting company to work for. I’ve had a great experience here and had fantastic opportunities for development . Forward thinking company with people at the heart of everything

Pros

Great communication and great people

Cons

N/a

"If you don't want to do, we'll find someone else who will"

This is the No.1 phrase for this company. I've been doing more than my jobs worth for a while now. Taking on extra work, extra responsibilities but without the pay to match. Feels like your just stuck doing everyone's dirty work. When you question about progression or any pay rise, your simple told if you don't want to do it anymore then you can go back to your old role and we'll find someone else. Nice attitude for a company when you've been giving your all. Higher ups don't trust you and always need you to justify your work

Pros

Pay and few nice people you meet

Cons

Stressful, face fits attitude, higher ups don't really care

Like a family

I loved working for KURA. It was a fast paced environment but every1 was really friendly. I was in a support role so worked with every1 from advisors to senior management to clients. No 2 days were the same and there were always new challenges. When I had my first child my manager was so supportive and I was able to go part time for a bit. Its the type of role, if you work hard, are reliable and on time, they will give a little back.

Pros

Flexible to a point

Cons

Stressful at times

Avoid. Run. Don’t bother.

If I could give this place one star, I would. Firstly, the only reason why I stuck around as long as I did was because of the friends I made at the call centre. You are promised the world when you apply to work here, you’re told X, Y, Z and they actively promote progression when the reality is, you could be waiting months and months to even get a look in on a higher up role, yet they will give it to someone who has poor stats/not been there very long or they won’t even bother to acknowledge you. The stats are almost impossible to hit too, you’re prompted to get out of hold yet offered no resolution to the customer. Policies change all the time too, yet you’re sent a half worded email about policy changes and you’re meant to fit it into your call structure, but stat goals don’t change. You have a customer who is clearly agitated and wants someone higher up, this is something they never get, but you on the other end of the line get the brunt of it. ‘POD’ support is a joke too, half of them have no idea what they’re doing and I’m convinced they are all sat there half at their desks half doing other things whilst working from home, they are all clearly still in their jobs and not quit or left because they do nothing all day. The ONLY positive thing I’ve got to say is, the pay is half okay for a call centre, but if you’re looking to keep your mental health in shape? avoid KURA like covid-19. They don’t know a good thing until it’s actually walked out of their doors!

Pros

Pay is half okay for a call centre job

Cons

Pretty much everything you can think of

People Matter

If you are looking to develop, grow and better yourself overall, Kura is a great company to help you do that. Kura operates on their values, which are lived and breathed daily at all levels of the business. The business continuously looks to evolve and improve, and does this through listening to their employees, whilst delivering against their promises and their unique people processes.

Pros

Investment in training, development and company benefits

Cons

Previously this would have been communication however huge improvements made in this space

Great Company to work for

If you would like to develop in your career then Kura are behind you all the way. I have personally been through development here at Kura and they really do invest time in their people giving them opportunities to progress in whichever career path chosen.

Pros

People, development, benefits

Complete nightmare

Bad, need to stick to script, no deviation allowed. Management are a complete shambles, unrealistic expectations from them, too many backstabbers and yes men. If you value your sanity, don't work for Kura.

I found Kura a good place to work. It is a fast paced environment and the Directors demand high standards, which helps get the best out of you. My manager was very supportive during my time there and the company have strong beliefs in helping to develop people. There are some great people working there and all in all its a good place to be. I would say that the only downfalls in my experience are that things like pension and holidays are pretty basic.

Pros

Development, support, variety, the people.

Cons

Pension, holidays.

If you want to develop yourself then Kura is the place to be

I have been with the company 3 years and I'm very grateful for the amazing opportunists I have been given in the company. I have a great team and support around and I do feel happy when I leave work.

Pros

You are listened too and valued in your team

Excellent place to work

Every day is different and has its own challenges, however, when embraced there is ample opportunity to learn and self develop. Kura has supported my own personal development through investing in qualifications. If you believe in Kura values then this will allow you to develop faster and reach your full potential.

Pros

working in collaboration, people focused

If you like personal development, Kura is for you!

I have been with the business for +13 years. Over this time, I have learned a great deal about our industry, myself and how to coach and develop my team. I have grown a lot and this has been supported by my manager who sees the potential and pushed me to get better.The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time with my team and seeing how my coaching has given them the confidence to become the best version of themselves.

Pros

Coaching, development and progression opportunities

A place that helps you get better

I have worked for Kura for over 13 years and have had a great journey. Starting as an advisor I had a manager who really wanted to help me get better. The behaviour shown by my manager led me to hit my numbers and grow as a worker. After a period I moved to become a team manager. I have kept the same ethos my original manager throughout my career. We don't always get things right but it is not for the lack of effort.The hardest part of the job is not allowing setbacks to impact your moral. The team are placed to help you improve if you have the right attitude and take on the coaching feedback and support.

Pros

Focus on people and behaviours

Cons

client process can be complex

Growing business with high focus on people

Great company to work for who really look after people not just say the words. I havent been able progress in other business as I have in Kura which is excellent I would highly recommend anyone who wants to develop to join. You only get what you put in to anything in life but at Kura you work hard you are rewarded for it!

Pros

Pay, benefits, people and managers

Cons

No canteen at moment due to covid

Have made a lot of improvements in the last year, communication is improving a lot and I can see that feedback is actively being taken on board. My manager works with me to help my development. Salary has been improved hugely. On a great journey.

Pros

People and covid updates

To competitive

Was to competitive expected to get complaints on every call and if not you would get pulled to why even when there isn’t one like someone had sighed on the phone and should put that down as a complaint

Pros

Money was good

Cons

Stressful

Fired without being told after my gran died

My gran died so I took a few days off to deal with it called in and left voicemails everyday as per protocol then I got removed from the slack chat they use and no one actually told me I didn’t have a job there any more no phone call or email or anything very unprofessional especially given the circumstances they don’t care about workers everyone’s just a number to them

Driven, ambitious and people focused

Each day presents a new opportunity to work alongside great people and teams. Comprehensive training provided to instil confidence in your role, followed by several weeks of supportive coaching to enhance your skills and knowledge. It doesn't stop there, once you've found your feet, you'll be encouraged and empowered by our leaders/ coaches to better yourself each and everyday.Our workplace culture revolves around 5 key values which creates healthy discussion each and every month, giving you the opportunity to review how well you're performing and areas you wish to develop in.Most challenging - resilienceMost rewarding - empowering our people to become the best version of themselves.

Pros

Opportunity for self-development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kura. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5