KwikFit

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility

Featured review

KwikFit selected this as a representative review
Fast fit is a fairly easy industry to work in,as there no repairs needed just take old off and fit new,You get sent on a lot of courses to become kwik fit trained

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Non stop

28 September 2021
Thank you for a great 5 star review and your feedback.......................................!

very big gamble very long days

was mislead through out the recruitment process had me following a untrained fitter for 4 weeks, travelled to Newcastle for "training" for 3 days and Edinburgh for a week to be told they were going to let me go for lack of commitment says 830-530 but more like 5-8 if you refuse your out big gamble!

19 May 2022
Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review.We are working hard to make Kwik Fit a great place to work for our people so we are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience during your time with us. We welcome all feedback so will take your comments onboard for improvement.

Profit before people

They find anyway possible not to pay you your bonus. Take and not much give.In the center it’s great crack and enjoyable with the right team. Work life balance is poor. The good money is earned from ops management level. Very poor bonus system.

12 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are disappointed to hear about the experience you have having whilst working with us. We would definitely like to speak about this matter with you further, so please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Good environment

Good environment, decent pay but poor management.Never got the holidays I wanted because they were understaffed.Call after call with no chance to catch a break.Not enough training is provided because they believe you should learn the job by yourself.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, missed breaks, very busy

12 May 2022

When yours work colleagues become a Family!

I star my journey at KwikFit St.Albans branch in 2016, with less knowledge of English, for real my English was terrible!I got luck because the team was(and it is) very friendly and helpful, learn many new things, find more and more friends!The KwikFit training centre's are well equipped and helpful!I really appreciate and enjoyed working in the company.Tons of fun, laughter, joy.Thank you

Pros

Good Management make work more and much easier.

12 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time complete a review and for giving us 5 stars. We are glad that you enjoyed your employment with us.

Busy fast paced office

Office is inclusive, busy, fast paced with a need for accuracy. Customer service is paramount, good telephone manner and attention to detail is essential.

12 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time complete a review and for giving us 4 stars. We are glad that you enjoyed your employment with us.

Enjoyed my time there

Enjoyed my time working at the Kwik-Fit Training Academy. Great team in the office, trainers and assessors a great bunch to support. Loved seeing the apprentices qualify after their training, very satisfying part of the job.

19 April 2022
Thank you for our 5 star review, it is great to receive this feedback!We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed being part of our business and working with your colleagues.We are extremely proud of our training and apprenticeship schemes and glad that you feel the same way.

keep your emlpoyees broke so they cant quit

poor wages, bad attitude from area managers, they say they running a business don't make it personal then relay on your personal connection with your team so you don't feel like your letting the team down if you get called in on your day off at short notice, they promise the world and deliver nothing, iv quite my job 3 times in the last 3 years trying to find a job in the current climate is difficult and they need me... but they wont pay me what I'm worth... what other choice do i have?

Pros

good personal relations with your teams, meeting new people daily

Cons

work life ballance, pay, managemt attitude, staff training is non existant "due to current circumstances" long hours 7 days a week, bring your own tools and no tools provided just not a good place to work for

12 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are very disappointed to hear about the experience you are currently having with us. We would definitely like to speak about this matter with you further, so please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Terrible place to work!

Overall absolutely abusive manager, who never have anyone a chance! Never got a full break and always worked more hours than your paid for! Terrible place to work.

Pros

Cons

Pay, manager, area manger

12 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are very disappointed to hear about the experience you have had with Kwik Fit. Although we have a Whistleblowing procedure for any concerning behaviours, we would like to learn more about your experience, and to address the issues you mention. Please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Shocking

Absolutely horrific company to work for treat people like dirt management are unsupportive and blame others for their mistakes if u argue you are forced out pay is absolutely diabolical avoid if u can job centre will be better if u like ur mental health

Pros

Cons

Poor pay shocking management list goes on

7 April 2022
Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review.We are work hard to make Kwik Fit a great place to work for our people so we are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience during your time as Supervisor. We welcome all feedback so will take your comments onboard for improvement.

Go to ATS or National Tyres

Wouldn’t even recommend family to come here. It’s a money grabbing company with no respect to employees. Management are bully’s and think they are know it all’s. People are lazy, snakes and think they are something special. If your after perks there is 0. Employees discount is nothing, you’ll have no progress and made false promises. Money isn’t liveable. Was on 19,000 a year as a supervisor.

Pros

Cons

Everyone and everything

Worst place ever

Treat staff like dogs. when you have a problem they are not interested Poor management culture with little experience in the motor trade Only interested in targets as they don't know the trade think you can fit a cambelt in the same time as fitting a tyre Very secretive about things and don't keep you Informed to what's going on in the company Poor show all round

8 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are very disappointed to hear about the experience you have had with Kwik Fit. We would definitely like to speak about this matter with you further, so please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Plenty of room for advancement with nice managers and kind staff. I’ve so far enjoyed my time there and would definitely recommend it to others! Better than most call centres

8 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are really pleased to hear of your positive experience working for Kwik Fit, and we hope you enjoy a long and successful career with us.

Very poor bonus and pay structure… DOGS BODY

Pay and bonus structure is terrible compared to other jobs out there with better reputable companies. Mot tester bonus literally impossible to hit as company block your diary when you are close to target so that you don’t hit it. Avoid at all costs Also Lunch breaks are frowned upon. Take at your own risk

Pros

Leaving work

Cons

Driving to work..Being in work…

8 April 2022

Hard working and constantly looking to improve the centre and staff

Kwikfit are always looking to improve staff and their centres with training available for almost everything. If youre someone looking for a new career path or their first job kwikfit has opportunitys for everyone join our fast paced hard working team and start your own progression with our company The sky's the limit!

8 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are really pleased to hear of your positive experience working for Kwik Fit. Training is absolutely vital for our people and our business, and isn’t just a resource that Apprentices have access to, but all employees regardless of job title. And our internal careers page means that the sky really is the limit.

Job Security is vey good

Is Kwik-Fit the best company to work for? probably not. Are they the worst company to work for? Definitely not. I have worked for this company for nearly 15 years and can honestly say I am happy here. Yes its long days and weekend work but the benefits out way the cons in my opinion. If you work hard you get rewarded as such. All the company are looking for is people to come to work every day and do their job, if you do this you will have a job for life. There are so many bad reviews about KF out there but ask yourself why are they bad, maybe because they done something wrong to make them no longer work here or they just weren't willing to turn up and work everyday. Over 14 years service doesn't happen if a company is doing something wrong

Pros

Benefits internal and external discount

Cons

weekend work

8 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and for your 15 years of hard work and dedication. That is an amazing achievement. Of course there are areas where we can improve on as an employer, and we are certainly working towards making those improvements with the input and feedback we receive from our people.

Good group of staff

I have been with kwik fit for 5 months now and having come from an industry out with the motor trade found it a company willing to invest in myself. They have tried to give me so much training for me not just succeed in my role at present but show me several paths within the company to progress if thats what i choose to do. They are a fast pace moving company and i see a lot of negativity in some of the posts but haven't found it to be the case with myself.

Pros

Good working hours and rotas

Cons

If you dont like getting stuck in not for you

8 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are very happy to hear to that you have had a great start in the business and we hope that your career continues to grow with us.

Rubbish management poor working ethics

Senior management dont care about the staff in centres all they worry about is targets, poor training standards, ops managers lazy, expected to work on your own while working on cars and expected to answer phones and deal with customers loosing out on lunch breaks and days off and not getting paid for them,tyres are over priced and sometimes better off ordering online instead of using staff discount

Awful

I would not recommend working for kwik-fit. Yes it's a full time secure job with alot of training but the companies treatment of staff is terrible and exploitative and unappreciative. The pay is extremely low and working conditions are mediocre at best. Taking your entitled lunch break is frowned apon even though you are not paid for an hour per day to allow for one. Your expected to be at work earlier than your contracted hours, again unpaid. Abuse of staff by customers is ignore and instead staff are disciplined regardless of fault. My advice is any company that refuses to recognise a union knows that their treatment if staff in unacceptable. Only you or a family can only get covid once because they will only pay you for one period of absence due to covid

Pros

Training

Cons

Treatment of staff, working conditions, pay

Don’t record

I worked here for 2 years, treated like dirt, expected to work on days off and not get paid for it, over the 2 years I worked 40 days and refused holiday for which I haven’t been paid, contacted hr guess what can’t find information I would not recommend kwikfit to my worst enemy it’s not worth it. there is plenty more I could say

10 March 2022
We really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review, and are disappointed to hear about the experience you have had. We would like to speak about this matter with you further, so please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Overall it isn’t as bad as most of these people say, salary could be better and staff retention needs to improve.

I have been in the trade for nearly 10 years. tyre fitting, brakes, servicing, exhausts, alignment, steering/suspension etc, and commercial tyre fitting. All this experience doesn’t matter as it’s not the “Kwik-fit way”. I feel I am treated like an apprentice with no experience in the trade.I think this can improve over time but definitely not paid enough for longer hours. Overall not happy with they way I am treated but i think over time they can improve.

Pros

Decent training from day 1 (Internet E learning), health and safety is a big factor.

Cons

Wont get paid for extra days worked (e.g 2/3 Saturdays and Sundays), Previous experience isn’t considered useful.

10 March 2022
We really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review, and that you have noted some positives of working for Kwik Fit. Of course, we can always improve, even if you had given us 5 stars. And it certainly sounds like you have some ideas that could help. We would really like to have a chat with you, so please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of us will get in touch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KwikFit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement