L&Q

L&Q Employee Reviews

Highly professional and experienced lift team Ap and Crane supervisors. Prepared to help and work together. Vast knowledge on lifting techniques and highest professionalism
West branch not friendly, good company to work with but management in Slough are not professional., treat new workers with no respect and no help.Any one who is good left this job in couple of weeks, big rotation.
L&Q are sham landlords and we are taught to rip off tenants with sham properties and sham service. The hours are too long and I hate the job but I have credit cards to pay.
Pros
Cons
Pay, managers, culture
Management are hileriously incompetent. The line managers never protect their team members from attack from other departments. As i have experienced myself. They don't know what it means to collaborate, they only are interested in their own needs and not growth. Quick to understand who is trustable or not and none of them will have your back. DONT waste your time they wont appreciate a hard worker
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
L&q management are corrupt. They employ family and friends to protect each other. Human resources are useless and will not take complaints seriously and will cover up for the supervisors and managers. If your face doesn't fit then you will have an uphill battle without any support. For your own sanity do not work for this company.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Untrustworthy managers and supervisors
was constantly bulied by supervisor and HR didnt help me out. Managers and HR was trying to blaim me, even had medical condition and dusability doesnt mean anything to them. Quit the job after 7 months as stress and bad working conditions affected my health a lot.
Pros
pension
Cons
bulying environment
They are a ruthless company and Senior Managers are weak and yellow bellied. Loyalty and hard work means nothing to them. They would turn their backs on you for the slightest thing but have a culture of unfairness, one person can get away without punishment for something others would be sacked for.
Pros
Good for equal opportunities and support of a multicultural society
Cons
Too many
Team working spirit. Positive Energy. Working culture. Career progression. leading and development is a great experience. Encouraging pension scheme and benefits.
Excellent company to work for. Nice to feel valued as an employee. Pay is competitive for the industry and good benefits. Great location for commuting.
The job itself can be stressful at times, however the stress is worth the good times. It is a very supportive working environment where hard work and going the extra mile is recognised.
Bins don't move correctly, to much work under presser and when you injure your self, they don't take responsibility and get other staff to cover up for the company
Left due to moving out of London. Commute time and price was way above pay scale, so I had no choice but to resign. It was a quick paced and at times extremely stressful job. I gained resilience and the ability to think on my feet during a crisis and to work well under pressure. These as well as the ability to manage workload, create and maintain filing systems under extreme pressure among other skills are invaluable moving forward with my career. I felt extremely supported and encouraged by my line manager, however I cannot say the same about some colleagues. It felt at times that their negative and hostile attitude towards me was racially motivated. That is one thing that made my time there a lot harder than it needed to be. It is one thing I will not miss.
Need to be on-site at tenant's property by 8am to start work. Communication key and need to ensure paperwork completed after each job. Regular toolbox talks with team / supervisor to discuss issues or for general firm updates. Van, fuel card, PDA & all clothing provided by the firm. Need to be team player as often working with another member of the team and always liaising with the planners regarding job specs / issues. Option to be included in out-of-hours rota.
East Thames Group was an absolute please to work for, alloying me to take full responsibility to provide recommendations to upgrading their entire WAN, LAN and Citrix Farm across 81 sites. This reduced logon times from 40 mins to 11 seconds. The staff were amazing, extremely committed and polite and dedicated in providing the brilliant care. I enjoyed the friendly staff and commitment from their governance team.
There are so many areas to choose from and career paths to develop on to. All depends on the role you part take in. To succeed and to be stable in. Generally a decent friendly company. Just got to pick carefully in the right direction and role you are suitable for.
Pros
Development paths
Cons
Undecided
L&Q has an amazing strategy over the next few years to provide better housing for tenants. A lot of exciting work to do. However, they have a hand few of senior leadership including HR who are only intrested in there own personal agenda and dont care how they treat people! They are not signing experienced people's 6 month probation off because they have been a few minutes late after being in back to back meetings or because senior people are unwilling to be realistic with projects! Such a shame
Great place to work although if you are not buddy with your manager sadly you will not progress,hardwork is not recognised and your confidence will be shattered. Constantly putting staffs down Pro: Training top notch Con ❌ inexperienced management with no boundaries
I loved working with East Thames very much. I learned a lot of new skills and new tasks and would love to work in a similar role again. What I enjoyed most of all was liaising with customers.
Amazing residence but management don't really manage the staff they just palm off their work on staff and get paid for it! Staff aren't treated fairly and no actual induction for staff and courses are miles away from where you actually work
Pros
Money
Cons
Amazing company with a lot of room for growth. Some of the best colleagues you can ever work with, great supporting managers. The company has now merged with London and Quadrant to form one of the biggest housing associations in the UK.
Pros
Good salary
East-Thames is a very good place to work, the worker are always encouraged to learn, always provide relevant training that goes with the job you are doing issued the certificate where you done and successful
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long hours is optional
  1. Employee reviews