L&Q

L&Q Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

supporttrainingstaffteamfriendlyskillmanagerculture

Friendly relaxed working environment

A good employer who provide excellent facilities and staff benefits. Training is quite thorough and overall workplace morale is above average. Probably the best employer I have worked for.

Pros

Flexible working, up to date IT. Staff canteen, sun terrace, free beverages and microwave for staff use.

Cons

Reasonable working hours but no flexi hours.

Hard work

The workload was a lot and it was very draining however it was okay because i worked with a great team of people and received many different benefits

Insights into L&Q

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Care and support

L&Q profess to provide support for vulnerable people with mental health but they have no idea when their staff are impacted with mental health issues. Higher managers do not lead by example and there is a pretence of culture and living the values. Values which are non existent at the very top. Where there is an issue, due process is not followed, rather decisions are made before disciplinary. HR do not make decisions independently but driven by the biases of higher management. Ineffective communication and favouritism of preferred staff. Culture of undermining, gossip and singling people out. Failure to take matters seriously and record. Copious training that becomes a process of Just doing. The worst company that I have ever worked for.

Cons

Work life balance, bullying, bad culture, ineffective communication, lack of support, bad higher management, biased

The best of the best company in my life

The best company in my life. Modern style and management methods keep the company in a leading position. Great friendly staff, great social package. I would like to continue working at L&Q but Covid-19 broke my health and made my further work at L&Q impossible.

Need to focus more on making a real difference to the lives of the individuals.

A company that does not care about their staff Health and well-being but about their bank balance. Profit above all things.It is a company that provides a lot of training which is very positive. However it is not a company that makes the staff feel that they can openly express their opinions and voice their concerns with the confidence that they will be listened to and taken seriously. It is not a company that I feel makes a great difference to the lives of their staff and the individuals that require or need support.

Pros

Supportive staff team

Cons

Lack of communication between staff and management.

The worse company I've worked for.

These guys treat their tenants bad and their employees even worse I worked as an electrician. I was expected to be on emergency call outs after my working day, one day I left home at 6am and did get back home until 1am the next day I was then expected to be back at work at 9am how is this legal don't waste your time. If you have a conscience or any care for people this is not the job for you it will make you depressed. And remember after you start your notice period is one month.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor training

Management are bad

West branch not friendly, good company to work with but management in Slough are not professional., treat new workers with no respect and no help.Any one who is good left this job in couple of weeks, big rotation.

Graduate Property Manager

L&Q are sham landlords and we are taught to rip off tenants with sham properties and sham service. The hours are too long and I hate the job but I have credit cards to pay.

Pros

Cons

Pay, managers, culture

Bad management staff.

Management are hileriously incompetent. The line managers never protect their team members from attack from other departments. As i have experienced myself. They don't know what it means to collaborate, they only are interested in their own needs and not growth. Quick to understand who is trustable or not and none of them will have your back. DONT waste your time they wont appreciate a hard worker

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything else

Awful company to work for

L&q management are corrupt. They employ family and friends to protect each other. Human resources are useless and will not take complaints seriously and will cover up for the supervisors and managers. If your face doesn't fit then you will have an uphill battle without any support. For your own sanity do not work for this company.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Untrustworthy managers and supervisors

place is ok but supervisors and managers failing to secure safe workplace.

was constantly bulied by supervisor and HR didnt help me out. Managers and HR was trying to blaim me, even had medical condition and dusability doesnt mean anything to them. Quit the job after 7 months as stress and bad working conditions affected my health a lot.

Pros

pension

Cons

bulying environment

Ruthless

They are a ruthless company and Senior Managers are weak and yellow bellied. Loyalty and hard work means nothing to them. They would turn their backs on you for the slightest thing but have a culture of unfairness, one person can get away without punishment for something others would be sacked for.

Pros

Good for equal opportunities and support of a multicultural society

Cons

Too many

Busy office with a good team

A typical day at work is fast paced and busy with a great team environment with enthusiasm showing. I was able to further develop by line management skills and coach and mentor new starters to housing and particularly ASB case management.

Fun working

Team working spirit. Positive Energy. Working culture. Career progression. leading and development is a great experience. Encouraging pension scheme and benefits.

Fair working conditions

Fair working conditions, but the stressful environment and blame culture are prevalent and needs to be addressed. There are also issues on inconsistencies relating to job promotion.

Pros

Standard support and pension

Cons

blame culture

Very professional lifting team

Highly professional and experienced lift team Ap and Crane supervisors. Prepared to help and work together. Vast knowledge on lifting techniques and highest professionalism

Excellent company to work for

Excellent company to work for. Nice to feel valued as an employee. Pay is competitive for the industry and good benefits. Great location for commuting.

Brilliant. The information and feedback from candidates who registered and have secured a job is positive. There is a touch of support from the team and employers trust Indeed. GI look forward to working with Indeed to securing a job.

Intense at times but worth it

The job itself can be stressful at times, however the stress is worth the good times. It is a very supportive working environment where hard work and going the extra mile is recognised.

Recommend

Ideal office locations, living wage and understanding HR department. Work life balance is great, you’re free to leave on time and there are great staff benefits

Productive and fun workplace

Rewarding employment. Flexible working hours -- good training and staff benefits. Friendly staff and good working conditions. Adequate annual leave, staff bonuses and promotion possibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L&Q. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement