L'Occitane
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

L'Occitane Employee Reviews

United Kingdom74 reviews

A fun place to work if you’re eager to learn about products and the company itself.

I loved my time working at the Bournemouth branch. It’s very productive and is flexible if you are a student. I really loved it when the team all got along and worked together.

Pros

Great discount and product perks

Cons

Competitive

A lovely place to work

Lovely working environment, lovely products to sell, fantastic training, supportive colleagues, always something new to learn. The company has a great ethos.

Pros

Product allocation every month

Cons

N/a

Insights into L'Occitane

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

Good store benefits good place to work, team are great, good mixture of fast paced and relaxed depending on how busy the store is. Good training and development if wanted

Pros

Good staff discount

Cons

Could be higher pay for london

A lot of pressure for targets.

Targets are very high for the footfall that enters. No support from HO or management.Heaps of pressure to achieve targets with around 5 customers a day. Minimum pay which I find wrong to say they are a luxury brand.Management was under far to much pressure, which staff got the brunt of.

Great place to work.

Great place to work, lovely people, products and benefits. You feel looked after, supported and part of a team.Everyone is friendly and welcoming and you get the support you need from all areas of the business.

Pros

Good discount, free products, benefits program, great people to work with

Cons

Standard retail working hours and weekend to be expected

Dinâmica

Uma empresa muito apaixonante. Foi uma experiência incrível e fantástica.

Pros

Benefícios

Cons

Todos os Feriados

Great place to work. Opportunities to advance in role. Multi skill set experience within the workplace. Products are fabulous and you get to try before new launches. Online learning platform, so you never stop learning. Customer service is five star.

Pros

Lovely environment, working with fabulous products

Cons

Work life balance. Lone trading

Not very fun to work in, I had to always look out for myself.

The place of work itself is not bad. The staff and management is what was bad about it. There were 3 supervisors on shift. One was Lithuanian, and there was 3 other girls I was working with on my shift. None of them ever spoke to me in a nice way. They always spoke in their language on breaks or while working. I was being blamed for things I didn't do. Or on my first day I was being told off, for things that were never made clear to me.

Fun workplace/ low pay

Really fun place and team to work with. Targets are quite high and they require a lot of effort so I don’t think the salary is fair as we don’t work on commissions and don’t have many benefits/allocation.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Low pay/ not many benefits

No job security

I joined back as a Christmas temp and brought on as permenant staff after the season. I was promised a permenant position if I passed the initial probation period. Covid happened and the initial probation period was extended because of that. Despite this I was assured if I completed all the training (which I did) I would pass. Upon returning there was an increased sence of demand and judgement at work despite meeting targets and achievements. On the shift before my final assessment I said to a colleague that I probably won't pass as the store was making less than £100 regularly now and I was told I was being paranoid. On the day I came in, dropped my bags, was allowed to change for my shift and was ready to walk out on the floor and only then did management decide to tell me I was being let go. Not only that but they said that I hadn't met targets (I had mostly before covid) I hadn't taken my training on board (it was all completed) and they no longer thought I had the correct attitude despite the fact that I had for the last 6 weeks been picking up another member of staffs shifts consistently due to illness.Additionally at the end of the month if we were around £200 short of the monthly target staff would be pressured into buying products or getting friends to but products online that day in order to meet the target. Targets had a very cultish mentality at me store for management. The team was lovely but the management were backstabbers who cut corners where they could to keep their own jobs during a crisis.

Pros

One random product for free per month

Cons

Management and culture

Fabulous company

The products are so easy to sell because every single item is so beautiful. Management are on the ball with everything but in a great way ... I loved working for this company.

Bullying! Stay away!

Store Manager is a bully and HR do nothing about it, when sent screenshots I got a phone call apologising but still supporting the manager. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Pros

Good discount, Assistant Manager and team where angels, they

Cons

Store manager is a bully!

Great brand - lack of leadership

Love the brand and the ethos but senior management really seem to lack accountability and have no understanding of running a store day to day. Too much lone trading and managers are expected to sacrifice their home life to ensure the store runs smoothly. General feeling that head office really don’t care as long as you take the money.

Good Place!

I only worked there as a Christmas temp despite being a small business comparatively to other brands it is a good company they paid me good back in 2015 so i was happy. The management wasn't the best however the did create a good atmosphere most of time! their products were good the discount was amazing! they were a nice place to work for overall! The main con was they only gave you a break after 6 hours which is illegal i guess as you are meant to give break after 4 hours! overall it was a good experience i just got bored as it was really slow haha! when we had our training session before starting the job the company gave us a nice breakfast lunch! that felt so good honestly! no one else really did that!

Productive workplace

Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.

Unsupporting

Management unstructured and don’t look after peoples careers. Change the business model and team structure constantly. Very quick to get rid of new staff and not clear on instruction

A day at work as a warehouse operative for L'OCCITANE

A working day was starting at 7.00. First task was to make the boxes and put the protection for the product inside the box. The product was following. After that beeing done, i closed the boxes and make them ready for next step.

Relaxed

Always change within promotions and deals, have something to do at all times, environment is relaxed, the pace is fast but sometimes quite if there is not enough traffic, overall its a good experience to work there.

Very good

The team was very approachable and went through everything in great detail about how to do my roles. I quickly gained many useful skills for my future working in a real environment.

Excellent workplace

I learned a lot of things here. I got sales experience and I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products. I love my team. I enjoy working there. Good Benefit.

Pros

You can try new products every month. I save a lot of money on my skincare.

Awful manager

The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, -

Pros

Salary

Cons

Management, Hours, lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Occitane. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement