L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews in London

Really fun place and team to work with. Targets are quite high and they require a lot of effort so I don’t think the salary is fair as we don’t work on commissions and don’t have many benefits/allocation.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay/ not many benefits
Store Manager is a bully and HR do nothing about it, when sent screenshots I got a phone call apologising but still supporting the manager. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Good discount, Assistant Manager and team where angels, they
Cons
Store manager is a bully!
Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.
Management unstructured and don’t look after peoples careers. Change the business model and team structure constantly. Very quick to get rid of new staff and not clear on instruction
Always change within promotions and deals, have something to do at all times, environment is relaxed, the pace is fast but sometimes quite if there is not enough traffic, overall its a good experience to work there.
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
the place is very nice. you will very welcomed. it was a privlidge working there. the staff are amazing. one of the best companies i ever worked with to be honest.
Responsibilities were in accounting and in retail. For accounting, I would be bookkeeping and assess data. For retail, I would have to learn about all the products.
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
I worked in the Head Office, received great support from team members and the manager. I had an opportunity to grow and develop professionally under the guidance of my manager.
Pros
generous discount on products
Cons
Workload - Pay ratio inadequate
A typical day at work is managing the shop floor, motivating staffs, meeting the expectations of customer service, and exceeding sales targets. I have learnt how to supervise at L'occitane and a few knowledge about the cosmetic industry. The workplace culture in L'occitane is very friendly and approachable. The hardest part of the job would be increasing sales target through conversion data. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn a lot from my role and it is fun to do my job.
good work schedule. two short breaks and a longer lunch break. I learned to pack products to scan products, pack online orders, work in a team.
Pros
Free coffee
Great experience, team and working environment. It is a fast paced store, specially on holidays. The management team was fantastic as well as my co-workers. It was a friendly environment, with a lot of positive support.
Pros
Learning about the products and discounts
Cons
Not many working hours
this was one of my favourite jobs it was in a shopping city as a small outlet so you got to meet loads of different people from all cultures. As I really like any form of cosmetics and how best to serve the customers this was a grate way to learn peoples needs. A must was to know your stock and deliver the product to the best of your ability.
Pros
I did recive a good disscount on there products
Cons
You were on your feet all day but I soon got used to that as it was very busy place.
A typical day at L'Occitane starts with greeting customers and being given a position on the shop floor. Targets for products were given to us. I learned a lot about the company and the products of the company. The manager was lovely, welcoming and encouraging.
Typical working day at L'Occitane usually involves a lot of skills. You have to follow company philosophy, know all the products well and aim for the best possible customer service which is widely known within industry. Working for the company is not simple retail job from 10-6. As L'Occitane is a leader in natural cosmetics production based on on the best quality ingredients, mainly from France, they constantly bring up new products to the market. New additions must be introduced with passion and knowledge to every customer stepping in one of the high street boutiques. I had great pleasure to perform facial consultations, hand massage and professional advice for customers. Also I attended lots of trainings, including product training, training for success, involving HR management and managers meetings. Personally I was responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and developing local promotions within Surrey area. Unfortunately the hardest part of the job is dealing with irresponsible staff members who are not following company orders and not engaging with customers, not following KPI. The company seem to be focused very much on individual sales results, rather on the team work and quality of customer service. Although it was not my problem to achieve the best possible ATV, some of my staff members were struggling to raise their results to the expected level.
Pros
Great products, generous allocation system, good trainings
Cons
Too focused on individual sales results
Fast paste company,the motto: “Be flexible !!"It’s an Entrepreneur Company which is growing year after year; we are small team and very friendly.Every day brings new challenges.I have learned and build of how to react on the last minute changes with the minimum impact on others.Learned of how to lead the team and be responsible for your team.I have built very good relationships with the worldwide work colleagues and have created a communication and support bridge between the countries.I have become very good of Sales forecast projections build as on-going trends for the existing ranges.