L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews for Boutique Manager

i have thoroughly enjoyed my time at L'Occitane, but i feel my work here now is done, having done it for such a long time i need some stimulation and a change. A day for me is 9.30-6 is a great job with great benefits and the customers are so lovely too.
Pros
good hours, know all customers and area very well
Cons
management let down, having to work most weekends.
Head office expect far to much from individuals (not just the boutique manager and assistant managers but the whole team) Boutique managers generally don't do a whole lot and assitant managers or senior sales associates are given the extra workload but without the higher pay. High and unrealistic sales targets. Always chasing HO for things and having to constently send emails. Company work with an American company to work towards 'positive attitude at workplace' this leads to an overall falseness within the company. People are too nice and always feel like they have to be super positive, which is really awkward. Not paid enough for everthing you have to do. Hard sales, literally a list of things you have to go through with customers. Most un-organised company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Product discount
Cons
No support
As a company L'Occitane are an amazing, although I haven't been treating right by my store manager so all the hard work wasn't a good enough. Salary was a good but when you are not really happy at work you don't really much care about the rest. I left as we split up as the team.
Pros
I have learned more about L'Occitane.
Cons
Not treating people right as they should.
Would recommend to anyone. Amazing brand and company to work for. Would recommend to anyone looking to develop their career in retail or beauty.