L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
I joined back as a Christmas temp and brought on as permenant staff after the season. I was promised a permenant position if I passed the initial probation period. Covid happened and the initial probation period was extended because of that. Despite this I was assured if I completed all the training (which I did) I would pass. Upon returning there was an increased sence of demand and judgement at work despite meeting targets and achievements. On the shift before my final assessment I said to a colleague that I probably won't pass as the store was making less than £100 regularly now and I was told I was being paranoid. On the day I came in, dropped my bags, was allowed to change for my shift and was ready to walk out on the floor and only then did management decide to tell me I was being let go. Not only that but they said that I hadn't met targets (I had mostly before covid) I hadn't taken my training on board (it was all completed) and they no longer thought I had the correct attitude despite the fact that I had for the last 6 weeks been picking up another member of staffs shifts consistently due to illness.Additionally at the end of the month if we were around £200 short of the monthly target staff would be pressured into buying products or getting friends to but products online that day in order to meet the target. Targets had a very cultish mentality at me store for management. The team was lovely but the management were backstabbers who cut corners where they could to keep their own jobs during a crisis.
Pros
One random product for free per month
Cons
Management and culture
I love the products but the salary is not good. Nice working environment and conditions, everything is clean. Would be better if the salary was higher and better benefits.
this company is so warming and welcoming to all staff and customers. A well informed company with what the public desires - and their workforce too! Incredible perks and benefits in house and globally from this company. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE
Pros
Cons
too much fun!
Little hours on contract you need two jobs to be able to pay bills but nice company to work for. Easy job. Nice rewards. Produsts are amazing. Trainings very helpful.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Small hours contracts
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the store, until the new manger came. There has being a negative cast spread across the whole store, due to the bullying tactics by the new store manager.
Pros
Lovely allocation and some nice team members.
Cons
No praise and bullying from store manager.
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had! Management are understanding, patient and above all, appreciative. We are often given targets and rewarded for meeting them. The workplace has an overall atmosphere of friendliness, teamwork and your efforts never go unnoticed. The only downside is that there is a lack of hours for those who want them. E.g they'd rather employ 4 x 8 hour contracts than 2 x 16 hours. So a lot of us are now struggling financially.