L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

I only worked there as a Christmas temp despite being a small business comparatively to other brands it is a good company they paid me good back in 2015 so i was happy. The management wasn't the best however the did create a good atmosphere most of time! their products were good the discount was amazing! they were a nice place to work for overall! The main con was they only gave you a break after 6 hours which is illegal i guess as you are meant to give break after 4 hours! overall it was a good experience i just got bored as it was really slow haha! when we had our training session before starting the job the company gave us a nice breakfast lunch! that felt so good honestly! no one else really did that!
christmas temp and all i can say is the pay is amazing and to be quite honest although the management and staff is a bit disappointing, for example both managers and assisting managers always clash and teach you differing methods
Pros
great allocations
Cons
pressure to sell is intense
Surplus and clear information on company and product experience, with both staff and customer perspective. Advancement and movement within company seemed slow and unlikely.
I only worked at L'Occtiane for a short period of time as I was a christmas temp but I found it very good, they provided good training and it was a lovely environment to work in.
It was a really great place to work at, all staff members were friendly and helpful. My manager was nice and made sure we were comfortable carrying out the tasks. I picked up lots of new skills at the job. Overall the experience was really good.
A normal day would consist of, helping customers, doing stock checks, managing money, passing on extensive knowledge of the products. I learned how to sell products in a way which was non aggressive and made the customer feel comfortable. Management was very organised and well thought out, the shop ran smoothly with rarely any problems. Hardest part of the job is when dealing with a difficult customer, knowing how to act in the situation and to help them with all their needs. I really enjoyed the fun and friendly atmosphere of the place and everyone i worked with were lovely. It was also a really good learning experience for me as this was my first job in re-tail.
Cons
Not enough hours and temporary contract.
A typical day at L'Occitane starts with greeting customers and being given a position on the shop floor. Targets for products were given to us. I learned a lot about the company and the products of the company. The manager was lovely, welcoming and encouraging.