L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews for Senior Retail Sales Associate

Always change within promotions and deals, have something to do at all times, environment is relaxed, the pace is fast but sometimes quite if there is not enough traffic, overall its a good experience to work there.
I learned a lot of things here. I got sales experience and I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products. I love my team. I enjoy working there. Good Benefit.
Pros
You can try new products every month. I save a lot of money on my skincare.
Cons
great, in fact, amazing products to be working with. company has policy on sales strategies that can be a little restrictive, but they are very passionate and that makes for a wonderful company environment
Training provided. Sometimes the store can be very quiet so it can be boring. I enjoy working with the company. Great support from my colleagues and manager. Quick progression- I was promoted from Sale Associate to Senior Sale Associate within about 2-3 months.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Enjoyed my time there but management is awful. Pay is very good and found some good friends there but I was very glad to be leaving after a year and a half.
The company its self, good... products lovely but the management APPALLING! The job is as easy as any other retail role consisting of day to day cleaning duties stock counts and till work, the company aim to be customer service orientated but you'll find you have a few jobs handed to you at once as 'priority' meaning you can't focus on the customers. Dealing with the management is what makes this place so negative. Sales assistants were amazing friendly and fun to work with but as soon as the management walked into store moods shifted and became very negative. There is little to no positive reinforcement or appreciation. There was never quite enough you could do that would satisfy the management. Issues would be over-looked and not sorted in an appropriate manner. The hardest part of the job? Coping with all the passive aggressive belittling from management. The most enjoyable? Lovely products and a visually pleasing store.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Overall very easy job and good company. However, employees in a position of power can sometimes use this as in store bullying and then it gets covered up by the store manager and then also head office.
I've really enjoyed my experience working at l'occitane, for the most part. The company seem to really care about their employees and are invested in their wellbeing and progression. I got this impression not only from my manager and assistant manager at the boutique I worked at, but also from head office. I love the culture at l'occitane, their guiding PROSPERITY principles don't feel like the usual waffle that HR/L&D departments spout out for the sake of it, they really mean something and I found it easy to relate to them. For me the worst part of the job was working weekends. Having made a big move from a Monday-Friday role working in digital marketing, it was a massive shock to the system and is part of the reason I'm now leaving. Obviously weekends go hand in hand with retail, I just didn't anticipate how difficult I'd find it. I did also find it frustrating sometimes when I didn't know my shifts for the coming week as it makes it very difficult to make plans. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working alongside a fantastic team. Also the product allocation and discount were massive bonuses. I would thoroughly recommend l'occitane to anyone, it's a great place to work!
A general retail environment working towards targets and sustaining good customer services. Fantastic to have access to such a wide range of natural skin care products that worked.
Pros
Satff discount
Cons
Disorganised Management
A typical day at work is managing the shop floor, motivating staffs, meeting the expectations of customer service, and exceeding sales targets. I have learnt how to supervise at L'occitane and a few knowledge about the cosmetic industry. The workplace culture in L'occitane is very friendly and approachable. The hardest part of the job would be increasing sales target through conversion data. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn a lot from my role and it is fun to do my job.
The management here are fantastic and you are well trained and well looked after. You get to try the products out when you first start working there to help you be able to sell them and they are fantastic! Shifts can vary between four - eight hours but you get a break if you're working a long shift and you can usually say when you want to take your break. Supportive and positive working atmosphere, so sad to leave! Wish good luck to all the girls.
Pros
Free product every campaign change, family feel with staff
Cons
There won't be an excess amount of hours but I didn't want this so it was perfect for me
A wonderful company to be a part of. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff with an amazing company ethos. On going training with fantastic products.
  1. Senior Retail Sales Associate