L'Occitane

L'Occitane Culture reviews

Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
I joined back as a Christmas temp and brought on as permenant staff after the season. I was promised a permenant position if I passed the initial probation period. Covid happened and the initial probation period was extended because of that. Despite this I was assured if I completed all the training (which I did) I would pass. Upon returning there was an increased sence of demand and judgement at work despite meeting targets and achievements. On the shift before my final assessment I said to a colleague that I probably won't pass as the store was making less than £100 regularly now and I was told I was being paranoid. On the day I came in, dropped my bags, was allowed to change for my shift and was ready to walk out on the floor and only then did management decide to tell me I was being let go. Not only that but they said that I hadn't met targets (I had mostly before covid) I hadn't taken my training on board (it was all completed) and they no longer thought I had the correct attitude despite the fact that I had for the last 6 weeks been picking up another member of staffs shifts consistently due to illness.Additionally at the end of the month if we were around £200 short of the monthly target staff would be pressured into buying products or getting friends to but products online that day in order to meet the target. Targets had a very cultish mentality at me store for management. The team was lovely but the management were backstabbers who cut corners where they could to keep their own jobs during a crisis.
Pros
One random product for free per month
Cons
Management and culture
Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
- Management changes really effect your work with swapping and changing whats right and whats wrong - Heavily KPI focused - Minimum staffing in store apart from the 2 full time managers expect to loan trade - Workplace culture is amazing really invest in there teams with L+D
Pros
meetings, training and culture of the brand
Cons
management
the place is very nice. you will very welcomed. it was a privlidge working there. the staff are amazing. one of the best companies i ever worked with to be honest.
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
Is a great place to work learning a lot and the company offers a lot to the workers. Overall if you're thinking about applying do it!! Management is super cool and care about your progress.
Pros
Pay, skills, allocation, team members
Cons
Head Office is friendly, everyone is helpful, many parties and perks (staff sale)! Good hours. Management are approachable. CSA Team are lovely to work with.
Pros
Staff Sale & monthly product allocation
Cons
one saturday every few weeks
i have thoroughly enjoyed my time at L'Occitane, but i feel my work here now is done, having done it for such a long time i need some stimulation and a change. A day for me is 9.30-6 is a great job with great benefits and the customers are so lovely too.
Pros
good hours, know all customers and area very well
Cons
management let down, having to work most weekends.
Typical Day At Work- Cleaning the stand, checking stock levels, catching up on figures from the day before, waiting for customers. What I Learned- How to complete weekly/monthly figures, more about the ingredients in the products. Management- Pushy, not understanding, never listen to your opinion, don't know at all how to deal or understand mental health (anxiety, depression) Overall awful Workplace Culture- If you work on a concession within a store your stuffed 9 times out of 10 there is a boutique shop VERY close that everyone would rather shop in yet your set high targets that are unmanageable even though with a concession you don't have ALL the products the boutique does. The Hardest Part Of The Job- Rubbish management as ive said above, non understanding and don't help you, how a company as big as L'occitane don't have any help for staff suffering with any mental health issues and how they are non understanding on needing time off is in this day and age disgusting and resulted in me being ' let go' The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job- The Free Gifts
Pros
free gifts
Cons
managment
I've really enjoyed my experience working at l'occitane, for the most part. The company seem to really care about their employees and are invested in their wellbeing and progression. I got this impression not only from my manager and assistant manager at the boutique I worked at, but also from head office. I love the culture at l'occitane, their guiding PROSPERITY principles don't feel like the usual waffle that HR/L&D departments spout out for the sake of it, they really mean something and I found it easy to relate to them. For me the worst part of the job was working weekends. Having made a big move from a Monday-Friday role working in digital marketing, it was a massive shock to the system and is part of the reason I'm now leaving. Obviously weekends go hand in hand with retail, I just didn't anticipate how difficult I'd find it. I did also find it frustrating sometimes when I didn't know my shifts for the coming week as it makes it very difficult to make plans. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working alongside a fantastic team. Also the product allocation and discount were massive bonuses. I would thoroughly recommend l'occitane to anyone, it's a great place to work!
Loved working here it was amazing. The staff treat you so well and everyone is genuinely happy to work together and get along as part of a strong team.
Both the staff and customers were lovely people. Staff were happy to help if I had an queries and were patient while I learnt the products. Overall, was a perfect place for a first job.
A typical day at work is managing the shop floor, motivating staffs, meeting the expectations of customer service, and exceeding sales targets. I have learnt how to supervise at L'occitane and a few knowledge about the cosmetic industry. The workplace culture in L'occitane is very friendly and approachable. The hardest part of the job would be increasing sales target through conversion data. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn a lot from my role and it is fun to do my job.
It was a really great place to work at, all staff members were friendly and helpful. My manager was nice and made sure we were comfortable carrying out the tasks. I picked up lots of new skills at the job. Overall the experience was really good.
A wonderful company to be a part of. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff with an amazing company ethos. On going training with fantastic products.
this was one of my favourite jobs it was in a shopping city as a small outlet so you got to meet loads of different people from all cultures. As I really like any form of cosmetics and how best to serve the customers this was a grate way to learn peoples needs. A must was to know your stock and deliver the product to the best of your ability.
Pros
I did recive a good disscount on there products
Cons
You were on your feet all day but I soon got used to that as it was very busy place.
L'Occitane is a great company to work for. The products are fantastic and provide men and women with an affordable way to rejuvenate their skin. Management is outstanding and provide great incentives to continue to work hard.
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had! Management are understanding, patient and above all, appreciative. We are often given targets and rewarded for meeting them. The workplace has an overall atmosphere of friendliness, teamwork and your efforts never go unnoticed. The only downside is that there is a lack of hours for those who want them. E.g they'd rather employ 4 x 8 hour contracts than 2 x 16 hours. So a lot of us are now struggling financially.