L'Occitane

L'Occitane Job security & advancement reviews

Always change within promotions and deals, have something to do at all times, environment is relaxed, the pace is fast but sometimes quite if there is not enough traffic, overall its a good experience to work there.
I joined back as a Christmas temp and brought on as permenant staff after the season. I was promised a permenant position if I passed the initial probation period. Covid happened and the initial probation period was extended because of that. Despite this I was assured if I completed all the training (which I did) I would pass. Upon returning there was an increased sence of demand and judgement at work despite meeting targets and achievements. On the shift before my final assessment I said to a colleague that I probably won't pass as the store was making less than £100 regularly now and I was told I was being paranoid. On the day I came in, dropped my bags, was allowed to change for my shift and was ready to walk out on the floor and only then did management decide to tell me I was being let go. Not only that but they said that I hadn't met targets (I had mostly before covid) I hadn't taken my training on board (it was all completed) and they no longer thought I had the correct attitude despite the fact that I had for the last 6 weeks been picking up another member of staffs shifts consistently due to illness.Additionally at the end of the month if we were around £200 short of the monthly target staff would be pressured into buying products or getting friends to but products online that day in order to meet the target. Targets had a very cultish mentality at me store for management. The team was lovely but the management were backstabbers who cut corners where they could to keep their own jobs during a crisis.
Pros
One random product for free per month
Cons
Management and culture
Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.
Management unstructured and don’t look after peoples careers. Change the business model and team structure constantly. Very quick to get rid of new staff and not clear on instruction
The team was very approachable and went through everything in great detail about how to do my roles. I quickly gained many useful skills for my future working in a real environment.
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Great company to work for, excellent management and clear sales targets. However, not great career progression for young adults looking to grow. The company has admirable objectives and history which if you adhere with, you will love the organisation. Gave me a depth of knowledge about customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much room for career development
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
this company is so warming and welcoming to all staff and customers. A well informed company with what the public desires - and their workforce too! Incredible perks and benefits in house and globally from this company. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE
Pros
Cons
too much fun!
Surplus and clear information on company and product experience, with both staff and customer perspective. Advancement and movement within company seemed slow and unlikely.
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
Is a great place to work learning a lot and the company offers a lot to the workers. Overall if you're thinking about applying do it!! Management is super cool and care about your progress.
Pros
Pay, skills, allocation, team members
Cons
The company has good benefits however due to change in main office London. The company has become very corporate and the hours you put in and the effort you don’t see any appreciation back. The company has amazing benefits and the staff discount is fantastic No career progression within business. No progression plans will be put into place.
Pros
Allocation
Cons
You will be covering stores all around the uk
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the store, until the new manger came. There has being a negative cast spread across the whole store, due to the bullying tactics by the new store manager.
Pros
Lovely allocation and some nice team members.
Cons
No praise and bullying from store manager.
I worked in the Head Office, received great support from team members and the manager. I had an opportunity to grow and develop professionally under the guidance of my manager.
Pros
generous discount on products
Cons
Workload - Pay ratio inadequate
I only worked at L'Occtiane for a short period of time as I was a christmas temp but I found it very good, they provided good training and it was a lovely environment to work in.
Would recommend to anyone. Amazing brand and company to work for. Would recommend to anyone looking to develop their career in retail or beauty.
Typical working day at L'Occitane usually involves a lot of skills. You have to follow company philosophy, know all the products well and aim for the best possible customer service which is widely known within industry. Working for the company is not simple retail job from 10-6. As L'Occitane is a leader in natural cosmetics production based on on the best quality ingredients, mainly from France, they constantly bring up new products to the market. New additions must be introduced with passion and knowledge to every customer stepping in one of the high street boutiques. I had great pleasure to perform facial consultations, hand massage and professional advice for customers. Also I attended lots of trainings, including product training, training for success, involving HR management and managers meetings. Personally I was responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and developing local promotions within Surrey area. Unfortunately the hardest part of the job is dealing with irresponsible staff members who are not following company orders and not engaging with customers, not following KPI. The company seem to be focused very much on individual sales results, rather on the team work and quality of customer service. Although it was not my problem to achieve the best possible ATV, some of my staff members were struggling to raise their results to the expected level.
Pros
Great products, generous allocation system, good trainings
Cons
Too focused on individual sales results
I learnt a lot in beauty care and the different products used for the body and facial. I also learnt some I.T. This helped a lot.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours.